• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Thanks for the support folks! :)

I'd dare to say that every core-system is coded and that most of the minor scripts are finished. So my and Adiktuz current job is to code all quests/a few spells/boss AI and setup all objects (units, items, regions etc..).

Once we've done that, it's polishing time! Then, maybe, it's time for a public demo :D

-Dance-

Level 16
Are you going to be able to complete the entire project with nicely executed systems, game play and with a very detailed terrain while keeping it under 8mb? Anyways good job on the completion of the project so far. Hope to see this be completed with more than expected results in the end.

Level 6
I'm currently buried under a mountain of homework. But hopefully I'll get something done tomorrow after my exam. School has started to take a lot of time recently, and while Adiktuz is also occupied with schoolwork, coding is progressing pretty slow.

I'm aiming for a short video showcasing the inventory & talent systems for the next report, or even this weekend. No promises, however, as my maths & biology exams are next week.

Level 17
Oh... the horror!

I will not be posting the report today due to a load of homework to be done tonight. I will post it tomorrow though. ^.^

Until then,

Wolfe

Level 17

... Everwood Entertainment ...

Progress Report V

Introduction
Hey guys,

I'm afraid that we have little to no progress for you over the past fortnight, but despite this huge negative in our journey comes a bigger positive!

Firstly, our group has been busy with other things. Oziris has been working on his contest submission, Adiktuz has been working on his exams, Tukki and Sunchips have been swamped with school, I myself have been sick and working on school work too, etc. The point is we've all been extremely busy, and I feel it isn't fair to burden ourselves even more at a time when we're already overly stressed. However, we are beginning to regroup! And for your tongues to wag and your eyes to roll into the back of your head, we are releasing a tiny demo on the 13/11/2010. It will be small, but it will give you insight into the storyline, the basic functions and the basic features of Shadows of Everwood. It will feature two classes, the Ranger being one of them, and will be single player until updated further. It will not have a save or load system implemented, but in the update, expect to be able to save your progress. This will be a small and quick report, and due to this, expect to see another report on Saturday the 23/10/2010, and I promise that it will be jam-packed with progress, and even information in what I call Post-Demo.

I'd also like to take the chance to encourage people to sign up at http://soe.forum-free.net/, thank you.

Regards,

Everwood Entertainment

Okay, here are few screenshots to keep you all happy. I promised a instance but this isn't that. It's going to take a lot of time to make that and when i do, i promise you'll all love it. ;)

Attachments

• Nordean1.JPG
    Nordean1.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Nordean2.JPG
    Nordean2.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Nordean3.JPG
    Nordean3.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 194
  • Nordean4.JPG
    Nordean4.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 176
  • Nordean5.JPG
    Nordean5.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 158
Level 3

... Everwood Entertainment ...

Progress Report V

Introduction
Hey guys,

I'm afraid that we have little to no progress for you over the past fortnight, but despite this huge negative in our journey comes a bigger positive!

Firstly, our group has been busy with other things. Oziris has been working on his contest submission, Adiktuz has been working on his exams, Tukki and Sunchips have been swamped with school, I myself have been sick and working on school work too, etc. The point is we've all been extremely busy, and I feel it isn't fair to burden ourselves even more at a time when we're already overly stressed. However, we are beginning to regroup! And for your tongues to wag and your eyes to roll into the back of your head, we are releasing a tiny demo on the 13/11/2010. It will be small, but it will give you insight into the storyline, the basic functions and the basic features of Shadows of Everwood. It will feature two classes, the Ranger being one of them, and will be single player until updated further. It will not have a save or load system implemented, but in the update, expect to be able to save your progress. This will be a small and quick report, and due to this, expect to see another report on Saturday the 23/10/2010, and I promise that it will be jam-packed with progress, and even information in what I call Post-Demo.

I'd also like to take the chance to encourage people to sign up at http://soe.forum-free.net/, thank you.

Regards,

Everwood Entertainment

Rofl I just checked something, 13/11/10? So never?

"Edit" Oh, and sorry for the double post.

Level 3
Well TsunaniV, that would only be good for a campaigning. But he could make it just for fun because we can only have 1 loading screen in our map. :p

You're not making this game a campaign? ooh. Well you can always make a icon pop up with the instance's picture.

Level 6
Alright this seems to be in need of some clarification folks!!

First off: This "mod" will be composed of several maps. It's not a campaign, though. Right now it's fully playable with up to 10 people, in the release version that number will be lowered to around 4-6, however.
Secondly: We might take the instance-page idea if we have space left for images! ;)

The main idea is that you can create different characters on different maps and then load those characters into one or several maps. (don't quote me on this)
We've currently planned 2 different story maps (different races) and 1 PvP map.

-You have two factions, the first one is "Imperial crown" the second one is "Nahajin Lodge"
-Imperial crown is located south of the world map so it covers the area of jungles and deserts
-Nahajin Lodge is located north of the world map so it covers the area of snow.

-After you finish one of these factions you can load your hero if he is lvl 55 in the PVP map. The PVP map will be Imperial crown VS Nahajin Lodge.

-Tukki, only on one map. So the last map will be an AOS and whoever wins get's a chance to play the last dungeon of the game and you get to kill the last boss if your strong enough.

Level 17
Nahijan Tribes, Oz, not Nahijan Lodge. >.>

And I will not comment as my team have pretty much cleared the confusion.

See you tomorrow with our progress report! =D

Level 3
yeah I know right? I check this same page every god-damn day, and no change... Where's the progress report gad damnit!

Meh, Wolfe is waiting for some screenshots of the terrain and he is probably lazy to take them himself so he's waiting for me to take em (/jk) Probably some report progress from tukki or something. But I can't make any terrain today because I have 3 tests tomorrow and I got to study. But I've re-made the whole forest from scratch+re-making the city from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.