• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nightstalker TD 2.5

Nightstalker TD 2.5
Created by Skulgrimm

Map Info

This game is about being the last survivor.
You loose when there are more than 50 creeps in your circle.
Every 25 seconds, you will automatically send a wave of creeps to the next player.
Upgrade creeps and towers! Upgrades are the key to winning!

Features

• Every 25 seconds all players send out their creeps (automatically) to another player.
  • You gain gold whenever an opponent kills your creeps.
  • Upgraded creeps yield more gold.
  • Being offensive gives a better income than being defensive.
Screenshots

Image Description:
Overview of the map
268758-20c20a9d64456be56c57ec71345ce0c2.png

Image Description:
Basic Defense in Game
268759-7d0fd10277b6606df38bf9312dd93f3f.png

Change Log

Added:
  • Added higher Creeps & Creeppreview
Fixed:
  • Fixed Bonusbug & Terrainbug
Changed:
  • Changed Modells to make the creeps unique
  • Changed Creep HP

Added:
  • New Towers
  • Amor Upgrade for Creeps
  • More Scenery
  • Tower stats to Tooltip
  • Floating Text for gold income
Changed:
  • Completely new Triggers

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Original Author: Uberubert
  • J3ppe
  • hediedforyou
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Previews
Contents

Nightstalker TD 2.5 (Map)

Nightstalker TD 2.5 Solo (Map)

Nightstalker TD 2.4 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
It''s a nice competitive tower defense map but nothing out of the ordinary, gameplay mechanics being pretty basic and not that much replayability being involved. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review...
Level 3
Uberubert wrote this as a Trigger Comment in the map:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
IF you change anything in this map, balance it, expand it, remove parts of it, doing whatever to it: I'm ok with that! Just make sure you put credit where credit is due!

Dont just go about doubling the gold, or changing a units color, then go and call the whole map your own! It wouldn't turn the world upside down if you did, but its just plain simply really rude to do so. If this is the case, then I regret having used about 40+ hours to make this td (had to learn it in the process...), Also part of the creatiton process was to play it, balance it, replay and rebalance over and over until it was slightly playable. I guess balancing this map is the hardest part of creating it...

Anyways...............

Other than that, I do encourage you to do an honest attempt at rebalancing, adding, fixing, removing or whatever :)
Good luck
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
So he is ok with others changing his map.
As for the author of the map the version I based it on had 3 authors in it and no space for more characters. Should I have deleted one or two and just left Uberubert and myself? I have them credited in the Loading Screen.

Level 11
hi. some of the towers are missing BTN/Disabled and same for when you are upgrading them.
some models are missing like Chaotic Splash Tower and level 21 unit Raging Sasquatch.
you can move your builder all over the map where evey you like. that mens that the builder can build towers where he every he like and can kill all the units a round the map.

Level 3
missing BTN/Disabled: If you mean that the tower icon doesn't properly update when you upgrade more than 1 tower. That is because it is not updated properly in game, if you select other towers and than reselect those tower their icon work up to the number of selected towers. Why that happen idk.
All models I'm using are standard models from the game so all should be there.
The builder movement has been fix

Level 3
Mine is based on the 2.2 Version.
Here are the 2.0. and 2.2 Versions.
And I found the 1.12 Version online from Sep 02 16:25:23 2007

Attachments

• NightStalker TD 2.0.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • NightStalker TD 2.2.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • NightstalkerTD.w3x
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Level 3
The Differences are:
  • Different Style
  • Different and more Creeps with unique models
  • Working Creep upgrades (they no longer effect all Creeps)
  • Creep preview
  • More Towers
  • Floating text for gold income
  • New Triggers
I hope that's enough.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It''s a nice competitive tower defense map but nothing out of the ordinary, gameplay mechanics being pretty basic and not that much replayability being involved.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 3
Fixed most of the missing BTN & models in the SD version. I didn't know Blizzard didn't do proper mapping of the assets and you have to copy the original unit and can't just change the model and icon.
Only some research icons don't work properly in SD now. Is there a way to some do that in editor or do you have to import the icons and do it manually?