• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nightstalker TD v1.22

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: FriendlyHost
Nightstalker-TD is a six person tower defense with six towers to aid you to victory. You, amongst all other plays, send a certain amount of creeps to the next enemy player in the line(i.e player 1 sends to 2, if 2 dies, to 3, so on).

You can upgrade both your creeps and how many spawn each time. You also have many upgrades at your disposal that help your towers.

Almost every upgrade is specified for one tower, but there are some that affect all towers that you build.

This is an open source project. THAT MEANS ANYONE CAN EDIT IT, BUT DON'T LEECH! If your going to change it, atleast give me 10% credit for the base if your going to post it. 50+ hours of work going to someone just renaming this and that and it taking the credit is lame.

Code:
Credits:                                                                                      DooM_AngeaL : 70%(keeping it alive, making two new types of towers, updating, releasing, balancing, etc.)
Uberubert : 23%(Creating the base triggers and showing me how to make upgrading creeps, also beginning my mapping career.)
Others: 2%(Giving me tower ideas, bugs to fix, terrain ideas, creep ideas, upgrade ideas, etc.)   
ap0calypse: 5%(Giving me Inspiration to finish and complete the project, also being understanding about bad coding(: )

Keywords:
tower, defense, tower defense, shoot, arrow, td, t, d, a, b, c, d, doom, angeal, map, ftw, win
Contents

Nightstalker TD v1.22 (Map)

Reviews
09:41, 27th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 31
My vote for this map is 1/5 (Unacceptable) until the author fix the map.

1) Hotkey are not properly set up as most of it either clash or not working.

-I try to upgrade Arrow Tower by clicking A and it wound up using the Attack command. The same goes to the tower upgrade as well such as Nova upgrade. Infact, some of the upgrade use the same hotkey.

Fix all those hotkey, makes those tower selling ability have hotkey as well and ensure none of the hotkey clash.

2) Tower builder could attack building, this is the main reason why it was unacceptable. I could easily goes to opponent base and destroy all their building to make them defenseless, the same goes to them as well.

3) When my builder goes to the circling path, it would walk around in the circle just like the creep does. The unit enter region xxx should only recognizes the creep and not the builder itself.

4) The diversity ain't that great either, it was more like another td genre that involves building tower and upgrade it.. nothing much.

5) The triggering could be much cleaner and efficient as well. :p

Fix the hotkey, the attacking type of tower builder and creep patrolling.

Level 28
I checked out the map (opened it for about 5 minutes) and immediately saw these things:

I can clearly see you're not a moron: you're willing to become a good mapper yourself and you encourage other people to learn from you (and your mistakes).
You purposely do not protect your map, instead you added a note to other people who opened and may want to edit your map, learn from it, or get triggers (another positive point).
Creating a map is very time-consuming and (usually when you're not that good) you will learn a whole lot in the process.

For that, I appreciate your effort and wish you the best of luck.

However: I also noticed the inefficient triggering in your map, if I were to edit the map, I want to redo... basically every trigger in the game.
It's only normal that your triggers aren't efficient: most people only start thinking about that after they learned how to remove leaks (and my guess is that you learned it while making this map :p).

If you add everything Septimus has said, I need to reject the map, but I will set it to "Needs fix" instead.

Level 5
Well, this is why I don't make many popular maps. The people playing them aren't having fun reading triggers, but playing the game. I don't see what you mean by inefficent. I'm not a genius man, I don't really think having a bit of a sloppy trigger rather then fifteen clean ones is a good thing. Whatever, atleast its feedback.

Level 28
Well, this is why I don't make many popular maps. The people playing them aren't having fun reading triggers, but playing the game. I don't see what you mean by inefficent. I'm not a genius man, I don't really think having a bit of a sloppy trigger rather then fifteen clean ones is a good thing. Whatever, atleast its feedback.
Most of the people playing them know nothing about creating maps, neither do they know anything about what's good and what is not.
People love imbalanced games, as long as it's in their favour, yet every mapper knows that balancing is important.

Inefficient triggers will slow down the game, perhaps not noticeably for anyone with at least a decent PC, but it really does.
It will also make your own codes easier to read, faster to write and edit.
And 'a bit of a sloppy trigger' is not what I meant: I was talking about 1 good trigger instead of 15 small ones.

And I was so kind to set it to "Needs fix" instead of permanently rejecting it (what I should have done)... :/

Level 5
Most of the people playing them know nothing about creating maps, neither do they know anything about what's good and what is not.
People love imbalanced games, as long as it's in their favour, yet every mapper knows that balancing is important.

Inefficient triggers will slow down the game, perhaps not noticeably for anyone with at least a decent PC, but it really does.
It will also make your own codes easier to read, faster to write and edit.
And 'a bit of a sloppy trigger' is not what I meant: I was talking about 1 good trigger instead of 15 small ones.

And I was so kind to set it to "Needs fix" instead of permanently rejecting it (what I should have done)... :/
I'm going to update it with the things septimus and you are asking to be fixed/changed/added. I'm going to say maybe thursday I'll be done.

Level 5
Fix up your credits, are you trying to use code on it?
Also if you can, please add a difficulty setting.

@Light : You can't really make a difficulty setting unless you would say more creeps to die is harder, because the number to die is 50 right now, and every player can upgrade reinforcements to spawn 50, therefore the spawn count would be greater then the limit to live, being unfair.

I checked out the map (opened it for about 5 minutes) and immediately saw these things:

I can clearly see you're not a moron: you're willing to become a good mapper yourself and you encourage other people to learn from you (and your mistakes).
You purposely do not protect your map, instead you added a note to other people who opened and may want to edit your map, learn from it, or get triggers (another positive point).
Creating a map is very time-consuming and (usually when you're not that good) you will learn a whole lot in the process.

For that, I appreciate your effort and wish you the best of luck.

However: I also noticed the inefficient triggering in your map, if I were to edit the map, I want to redo... basically every trigger in the game.
It's only normal that your triggers aren't efficient: most people only start thinking about that after they learned how to remove leaks (and my guess is that you learned it while making this map :p).

If you add everything Septimus has said, I need to reject the map, but I will set it to "Needs fix" instead.

@Ap0calypse : I redid 6 or so triggers, going to keep redoing them until the map is smaller and clean, but the current version has hotkeys and such fixed.

Last edited:
Level 15
Great map! Played it before countless times and still remember it! There is a tactic i always use, you cant lose with it. Anyways great map 5/5. About the hotkeys, i dont really know because i always end up using my mouse.

Level 5
very imbalanced map
many hotkeys do not work
money tower is very VERY rigged, without it you cannot win

decent map, but very poor
Hello, unfriendly.

First, I know it's imbalanced, so your comment is unhelpful.

I also know many hotkeys don't work, you should read other posts before you post.

The only fair rating you've honestly given is the money tower, and in 1.23 the gold gained at max from it will be much lower. Also, I tested the balance by adding a limit of five money towers.

Decent map, but very poor? I'd bet you didn't even play with people, you can't really rate my map whatsoever.

Your still using bias in rating my resources, which wouldn't figure of someone of your age.

You have a map that you claim to have much done, but honestly, 10% of all of it is completed and balanced.

Goodday, Sir.
~~DooM

Level 5
balance is fine, but you need to know how to play to survive. Also you should fix the hotkeys ASAP! Thats a number one priority. Man seriously! Takes only 30 min!

I already did them. I figured I'd wait till I finish more in the map, like the creeps and tower abilities. I suppose it wouldn't be a big deal to do them now.

EDIT: Done! Uploaded v1.22a for hotkeys fix.

Level 7
more towers would be cool, like a cannon tower
money towers should not be so powerful, not in damage per second, but in getting gold
because without the money towers, it is not very easy to win
the game would be cooler with some features, like maybe Mini Games or a Zoom In and Out system
upgrading towers would be cool, even though you can tech them

Level 22
My vote for this map is 1/5 (Unacceptable) until the author fix the map.

1) Hotkey are not properly set up as most of it either clash or not working.

-I try to upgrade Arrow Tower by clicking A and it wound up using the Attack command. The same goes to the tower upgrade as well such as Nova upgrade. Infact, some of the upgrade use the same hotkey.

Fix all those hotkey, makes those tower selling ability have hotkey as well and ensure none of the hotkey clash.

2) Tower builder could attack building, this is the main reason why it was unacceptable. I could easily goes to opponent base and destroy all their building to make them defenseless, the same goes to them as well.

3) When my builder goes to the circling path, it would walk around in the circle just like the creep does. The unit enter region xxx should only recognizes the creep and not the builder itself.

4) The diversity ain't that great either, it was more like another td genre that involves building tower and upgrade it.. nothing much.

5) The triggering could be much cleaner and efficient as well. :p

Fix the hotkey, the attacking type of tower builder and creep patrolling.

Review marked.

Rating: 2/5
Vote for:
Rejected