1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New ORPG - Still under construction

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Serbianbeast, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Greetings everyone, it's me again. You might remember me from "Tribe Wars" and "The Horde ORPG" projects which were given to others for use and further development. This time I bring you something a little more complex and, at least in my opinion, funnier. What you're going to see by downloading the map is first of several maps from the new ORPG map series. Project's current name is "The Growling Winds", but that's a subject to change. I would like to point out again that this is an alpha version of it and nothing you see here is final. There's still a lot of work ahead of me but I think I'll manage to launch the final version soon enough.

Currently map contains:
    -5 fully playable hero classes, each with its own unique skills and type of gameplay.
    -Completely remade combat system including variable critical chance, critical multiplier, weapon and spell damage scaling with strength, agility and intelligence, spell resistances, custom made health and mana steal and much much more.
    -Many mobs around the map, more than enough for a decent test.
    -Over 60 items which can be acquired by killing mobs on the map.

Things to come:
    -Vendors, teleporters, waypoints, random map events, rare map spawns, save/load system, lots of new items, talent system, credits.

I would like to hear your opinion on what's made so far. Feel free to tell me what you like or don't; what should be fixed, added or removed. Also feel free to give some ideas. Balancing classes will be done as soon as it get's fully playable so that players can test it out from level 1 to around 50.

Screenshots:
    Some of the terrain locations

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Multiboard showing hero's combat stats:
    Multiboard

[​IMG]

Systems
    Damage showing how much you deal to opponents and how much they deal to you. Damage done by normal attacks is displayed in white color, spells and abilities appear as yellow and damage done by pets is displayed as orange.
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]

Since there is custom physical and spell critical strike system implemented, numbers showing critical strikes are growing and then shrinking, just like in wow (I apologize for rip-off)
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]

Items dropped have they're own custom models, making it easier for player to see which class can use them (swords-death knights, double axes-barbarians, staves-elementalists, bows-night archer, normal axes-storm seeker)
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. moosenoir

moosenoir

Resources:
    Resources:
    W..t...f..? This is freaking awesome? I cant believe this, it's really nice. I was spitting blood when i saw it was protected :mad:

I was wondering, can you teach me to make the damage show system, when you hit a mob? or the random drop for the mobs.

Your my idol from now.. with a 3rd person cam, this could be like.. WoW!
    Btw i can give you a very nice and unique 3rd person if you wish.

Thanks in advance.
    ________
    California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well... the thing is... system is made completely out of nowhere and it would be really complicated to do only that, but, I guess I could make a demo map showing how to do something similar (without critical hits or colored text since they require combat and spell systems aswell)

4. Seeder

Seeder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Trying it with a friend atm, Really awsome Hope you can get this to a full version and please release some more alpha versions cause this was a real pleasure to play. Love the system and the leaderboard

5. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It would be nice if you post some screen shots!

6. moosenoir

moosenoir

Resources:
    Resources:
    And if it's no problem, can you tell me where you got the night hunter model? xD i guess its from XGM? but where from?

Great model, i love the animations!
    ________
    VAPORIZERS

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  7. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's how it should look like.
    I would have but I hadn't have much time back when I uploaded it. Will do asap, but can't now... still working.

Edit: Some screenshots added.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  8. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    PTM alpha build 4128:
    -introduced talents system
    -fixed polar bears being immune to whirlwind
    -added a few extra features
    -minor bug fixes

9. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very interesting, i really like it.

10. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    btw how the inventory works?

11. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Still using standard wc3 6 slot inventory, but there are a lot of custom stats like: +% to strength, agility or intelligence, +% weapon damage, +chance to crit with attacks or spells, +chance to hit targets (reduces target's dodge chance), +spell power, +spell penetration (reduces target's resistance), +to physical and spell critical strike multiplier (increases critical damage), +to dodge, +to resistances (including critical strike resistance), +health and mana steal (both working with damage done by spells and effects), +to mana or health after each kill and many many more.

12. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks damn fine, nice use of custom models/textures also.

13. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Known and fixed bugs:
    -barbarian used to have 100% critical strike chance until he learns critical swings talent
    -talents background image used to disappear for all players when any player closes talents
    -messages such as "You have no more talent points", "Talent already at maximum rank" and "You don't have required talent" used to show up for all players instead to specific player
    -not showing talent info for certain talents after putting 5 points in base talent ("Unholy Strength", "Titan's Strength", "Arcane Intellect", "Astral Fire" and "Precision")
    -not showing bonus fire damage to attacks as spell damage after scoring a critical hit with physical attack it has been added to

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  14. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Knowing your skills i know you can make great ORPG's, only what happend to Tribe Wars then? =/

I didn't even have the time yet to play it because i was waiting for it to be finished! o_O

15. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well many people found it... boring and I myself had no interest in making more versions since it became way too complicated for new players and too big for people with slow internet. However version 1.6 is still fully playable.

16. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you use my Item Spinner for the item models? =0

17. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No... as far as I know I didn't. Those models spin by themselves. Everyone will be mentioned in credits.

18. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Kay, It's just that they look exactly like my model and I wasn't mentioned in the credits. Anyway, good luck with the project.=]

19. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As I said, credits will be implemented as the project gets closer to beta version. I can't know if I'm going to need more stuff to make it look better so I'll leave them for late alpha versions.

20. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map size is already 3.28mb and as you said in first post "you are going to make this map as a first part of series", so you have to beware the 4mb limit. :/