• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epic ORPG testers needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Reply to Comments:

My Personal Comments:
1. Ug... people continue to be not helpful at all. I will say this once and only once, if you place a useless comment it will be noted and I assure you your rep WILL be lowered. You have been warned.
2. Sorry for not responding to comments sooner, I've had to prepare for finals.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment 1:
FreakyShirley:
Please update to your first post.

1. It is clearly stated in the first post that the latest version is on the last update comment by me.

Comment 2:

Tharky:
I tested last version. But I was in a hurry. I noticed these:

1. You haven't changed the roads.

2. Decreasing the doodads really makes the map cool :)

3. Coloring looks very nice. Good work.

4. Perfect timing still has its DISBTN missing.

5. Hide the mining hero's icon on object editor.

I'll check the map again tomorrow now i got to sleep :( good luck.

(I can send you my map if you want to see a good terrain but I can't send you pm so I wrote here)

1. I don't understand what you mean by "change the roads." They are wider and made of dirt. What else did you suggest?
2. Thank Nurga for the "Coloring."
3. I have imported the DISBTN into the map, how do I get it to show up when needed?
4. Instead of that, I changed the icon to a mining icon in the new version.

Comment 3:

Daemonicus:
Epic?

there's not much to match the name so far...

1. I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Supersheep. Shut the hell up or say something useful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is all I have to say on my part. The new version is hopefully going to be out by this weekend. And Yes, I do realize the quest rewards are massively bugged, but no matter what I do I can't fix it. Any help would be good.

Last edited:
Level 11
I made some changes although I dont like over all how this rpg is started. In my opinion it should start in a town where you can get aquianted with skills and items and such. Here i go out and creep and if i dont run away i die after several attacks. Oh and no revival system? And where you gona revive him? where he began? That makes no sense. If you want I can help you out, msn me or find me in the hive chat.

Last edited:
Level 4
You really need a name said:
1. I don't understand what you mean by "change the roads." They are wider and made of dirt. What else did you suggest?
2. Thank Nurga for the "Coloring."
3. I have imported the DISBTN into the map, how do I get it to show up when needed?
4. Instead of that, I changed the icon to a mining icon in the new version.

1. I meant 2 or 3 road tiles.
2. Thanks for helping Nurga :)
3. You have to change the imported disbtn icons path to: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN...
256. Write smaller please It's hard to read :(

NoAmmoSrry thanks for helping. But I think do not work seperate. Sometimes It's hard to import.

Also I can help you with GUI triggers too. Check my signature for your needs.
And sorry about my english.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hi, I just downloaded the map and I really like it. A few things I should say though are:
The equipment system looks more difficult than it could be? I've seen way easier ones that would require a lot less work. (Wouldn't need a trigger for each hero and player)
The fire on the way to the portal looks spammed IMO. You may like it though :/.
I would recommend using trees from UTM. They look a lot nicer.

I like the mining system ^^ and overall I thought it was a nice map. Good job :D.

Level 6
Update:

Terrain:
1. Added tile variation to the roads to make it look more realistic.
2. Used NoAmmoSrry's doodads to aid the terrain.
3. Removed some of the fires near the portals to reduce lag and lower filesize slightly.
Heroes:
1. Made your camera locked to the starting area until a hero is picked. This will stop people from picking a hero all the way in the end zones.
2. Removed quests until I figure out how to fix the rewards. Any help on the subject would be appreciated.

Also, if the text stretches your screen, hold down CTRL and scroll down. And Callahan, please don't post useless comments.

Attachments

• Epic ORPG 0.09.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 11
I tested the last version. If this is one of your first RPGs it's ok, don't give up dude. Everybody starts small :)

Here a little review:

Cons

-still toooo much fire near the impact
-the terrain and enviroment needs an overwork^^
f.e.
# hills are too high and need more rock doodads to look naturalistic
# try to spreed out some plants, bushes, weed and gras
# add some critters as neutral units like birds, rabbits etc.
-you should edit the condition for a quest from hero has item of typ xyp in slot 1 to hero has item of type xyz. In that way you the player won't have to carry the quest item in slot 1 anymore. Check the backpack and 2nd inventory too.
-go out an make the walls unselectable ingame, if you want them not to be destroyed or their healthbars seen(can be done in objecteditor)
pros

-you are trying to improve your skills by reworking your map, thats the only way to become better
-the ideas for the heros are nice, but need a lot of work
-I like the story idea, keep it up
I hope this review helps you a little bit.

Thy

Level 6
Reply to Comments:

My Personal Comments:
1. 1 comment? Really? Okay....... I would appreciate more.
2. I'll be posting the new version tomorrow. Just a reminder, +rep to anyone who is helpful!

Comment 1:

Thyrael:
I tested the last version. If this is one of your first RPGs it's ok, don't give up dude. Everybody starts small :)

Here a little review:

Cons

-still toooo much fire near the impact
-the terrain and enviroment needs an overwork^^
f.e.
# hills are too high and need more rock doodads to look naturalistic
# try to spreed out some plants, bushes, weed and gras
# add some critters as neutral units like birds, rabbits etc.
-you should edit the condition for a quest from hero has item of typ xyp in slot 1 to hero has item of type xyz. In that way you the player won't have to carry the quest item in slot 1 anymore. Check the backpack and 2nd inventory too.
-go out an make the walls unselectable ingame, if you want them not to be destroyed or their healthbars seen(can be done in objecteditor)

pros

-you are trying to improve your skills by reworking your map, thats the only way to become better
-the ideas for the heros are nice, but need a lot of work
-I like the story idea, keep it up

I hope this review helps you a little bit.

Thy

My Response:
1. More fire has been removed in the new version.
2. The hills too high.... well their supposed to be this HUGE Mountain Chain. And about adding rocks and such, it has been added in the new version. I'm not quite sure if I did it right though.
3. More environmental doodads such as bushes, grass, trees, etc. has been added in the new version.
4. Neutral critters such as Stags, Raccoons, etc. has been added to the new version.
5. The quest item thing (Slot 1, etc) has been changed. Now the slot the item is in does not matter.
6. The Walls and the Tower are now unelectable.
7. You will be getting +rep when the new version comes out tomorrow.

Level 12
Hey man, sorry I am not able to be of much help, lol.

I'm just really busy with a bunch of stuff I have to get done before my vacation in two weeks, sorry.

Level 8
I don´t tested since 0.08 time to see whats changed :)

Testing...

Ok...
-Terrain looks better now. But you should use soem doodads at the roads and not just under the trees too ;-)
-I don´t like the revive "system". Maybe you will change it.
-There are no quest at beginning to see :(
-The maintown and the other towns looks so.....empty! Add some nice villagers to say hello! :D
-Good thing you ereased some of the stone things at the way to the capital city
-The Demons often don´t attack ... this is not good :/
-Many changed but there is still many to do
Go on with working!

Level 6
Reply to Comments:

My Personal Comments:
1. Once again, why no comments? I'm replying to 1 comment for some reason..... I don't get it.
2. I can't post a new version this weekend because I AM CURRENTLY GETTING LITTLE TO NO FEEDBACK!!!!!!

Comment 1:
Nurga:
I don´t tested since 0.08 time to see whats changed :)

Testing...

Ok...
-Terrain looks better now. But you should use soem doodads at the roads and not just under the trees too ;-)
-I don´t like the revive "system". Maybe you will change it.
-There are no quest at beginning to see :(
-The maintown and the other towns looks so.....empty! Add some nice villagers to say hello! :D
-Good thing you ereased some of the stone things at the way to the capital city
-The Demons often don´t attack ... this is not good :/
-Many changed but there is still many to do
Go on with working!

My Reply:
1. Good point, doodads aren't just under trees. But if I place them along the road they will block people's movement and not look as well as it should.
2. The revive system... Basically when you die you find a priest that belongs to you in one of the towns and have him revive you. If you have a better system please share.
3. I removed the quests because the rewards were massively bugged. I couldn't find the problem so feel free to look in World Editor and find the problem.
4. Villagers. Duh! Completely forgot about that.
5. The stone dome things were necessary to be removed. There were over 120 before. Now there is I think around 20 - 25.
6. The Demons don't attack unless you attack them first. This keeps low-level people from accidentally aggro-ing things they can't kill.

Level 15
I tested it, didn't like some thing, others were good, on to the pros first.

Pros
-Good amount of imported stuff and they are not spammed unnecessarily
-Heroes are rather well made
-Good item equipment system

Cons
-demons don't attack you at all when they are first on the map :S.They only attack when they are created upon respawn (during which they all attack you when you attack one of them)
-game progresses extremely slowly
-backpack doesn't follow your hero automatically -_-
-weapon drops on the ground when you equip, it looks weird. Just give it to the backpack
-selection and revival system could use some work
-heroes could use some custom spells
-map is very empty and it takes a long time to get into any action
-hero is crap at the beginning of the game, it takes like forever to kill something
-the demons pwn you unless you have weapons
-there are no ways to get weapons (?) or any other items other than hoping that the demons drop some

Overall, a decent map, but improvements could be made.

Level 8
Mh ok.
There are some doodads which doesn´t block the players (like the Doodads in the section "Enviroment)
The Demons also don´t attack if you hit them at the 5th time :/ maybe something is wrong.
And another thing: the capital city maybe has villagers now but it still looks very empty. All is symetric, move the houses a bit, add a church and a tavern (maybe you can go in the tavern?) add a garden or something like that :)
And the revive system....just create a trigger which says that, if a unit dies, wait X seconds. then revive unit insantly at (area). Maybe you can add a dialog to show where to revive (check my map, it has this system)

Level 12
Sorry i need a name but like I said before I'm busy with a ton of stuff...and I'm not going to get half the things done I wanted done before my vacation next week. Oh well.

Level 6
Reply to Comments:

My personal comments:
1. This is more like it. 3 Comments instead of 1. Keep the comments coming!
2. The new version will be coming out tomorrow.

Comment 1:

Zack1996:
I tested it, didn't like some thing, others were good, on to the pros first.

Pros

-Good amount of imported stuff and they are not spammed unnecessarily
-Heroes are rather well made
-Good item equipment system

Cons
-demons don't attack you at all when they are first on the map :S.They only attack when they are created upon respawn (during which they all attack you when you attack one of them)
-game progresses extremely slowly
-backpack doesn't follow your hero automatically -_-
-weapon drops on the ground when you equip, it looks weird. Just give it to the backpack
-selection and revival system could use some work
-heroes could use some custom spells
-map is very empty and it takes a long time to get into any action
-hero is crap at the beginning of the game, it takes like forever to kill something
-the demons pwn you unless you have weapons
-there are no ways to get weapons (?) or any other items other than hoping that the demons drop some

Overall, a decent map, but improvements could be made.

My Response:
1. I tried to only use imported models/skins that were less than 150kb. I'm glad someone noticed.
2. I tried to be original with my hero ideas, I didn't use the regular run-of-the-mill heroes. (Warrior, Mage, Hunter, etc.)
3. The item equipment system may be good, but it's a pain in the ass to make. Look at the triggers you'll see what I mean.
4. The demons not attacking has been fixed in the new version.
5. The game would go faster with quests. I need help figuring out why the Quest Rewards are always too high no matter what I set it to. I would appreciate if you would look at the triggers and take a look.
6. In the new version the backpack follows the Hero Automatically. The 2nd Inventory also follows the Backpack automatically.
7. In the new version the items are given to the backpack but if the backpack is full they will be dropped under the backpack.
8. I have an idea for the Hero Selection system, but it's not real high on my priority list.
9. When you say "Custom Skills," I'm assuming you mean triggered spells. The Demonic Ascension has a triggered effect in the new version.
10. The map is meant for 2 or 3 people. If there were more people the game would progress faster.
11. Once again, things would be easier to kill if there were 2 or 3 people playing.
12. And again.... 2 or 3 people, the demons die fast.
13. I would make a weapon shop, but that means I'd have to make a bunch of more weapons to fill up the shop. Right now there are only 6 weapons right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment 2:

Nurga

Mh ok.
There are some doodads which doesn´t block the players (like the Doodads in the section "Enviroment)
The Demons also don´t attack if you hit them at the 5th time :/ maybe something is wrong.
And another thing: the capital city maybe has villagers now but it still looks very empty. All is symetric, move the houses a bit, add a church and a tavern (maybe you can go in the tavern?) add a garden or something like that :)
And the revive system....just create a trigger which says that, if a unit dies, wait X seconds. then revive unit insantly at (area). Maybe you can add a dialog to show where to revive (check my map, it has this system).

My Response:

1. I added doodads that aren't merely under the trees in the new version.
2. The Demons not attacking is fixed in the new version.
3. I added villagers to the main town in the new version. Also there is a tavern that you can enter. Inside there is a quest that you can't get because the reward is bugged. Also there is a shop.
4. That isn't a bad idea. But the problem with that is, it would create the Hero at Level 1 with no items and the Backpack wouldn't follow it.

Level 8
its easy. Just open the World-Editor and go up with your coursor. Somewhere you can find something with "Gameplay-Consonants" (or something like this, i dont know it in english :/) If you click on this, there pop up a window. First, you´ve to check the little box in the upper left, then you scroll down and search for maximal hero level. (there you can change)

Level 8
Thanks and no problem :) With TFT Warcraft III is much better. You should get it quickly :grin:

Level 6
Update:

The Update is finally here! Sorry for the wait but I really need more feedback.

Changelog:

1. Fixed the Demons not being able to attack.
2. Added more Doodads to make the terrain look better.
3. Added a Tavern in the Main Town that you can enter. Inside there is a shop that sells potions.
4. Made a Separate Player for the Demons (Brown) and the Human Survivors (Teal).
5. Added a special triggered effect to Demonic Ascension.
6. Added Shops.
7. Made Demons able to drop Beer.

New rule for getting +rep from this map. If you helped in anyway and already received rep from me, post a visitor message on my profile. It's getting difficult to keep track of everyone. Also if you helped me and Didn't get your rep, post a private message on my profile.

Attachments

• Epic ORPG 0.11.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 8
Looks like you changed a bit :) ive no time to test, i want to start a closed beta-phase in July for Dungeon Gods orpg (Let you count in now!)

Level 6
Update:

This is just a quick fix of some problems the map had that had to be fixed instantly.

Changelog:
-Changed the amount of levels the Executioner's Cleave spell has from 10 to 16.
-Removed the Level 20 Executioner Player 1 (Red) starts with.

Really, only 2 comments. And neither of them are helpful. I understand that you guys have lives but give me a break! It's been like a week!

Attachments

• Epic ORPG 0.12.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
Level 1
BUGS:

1. Both times I tried Bandit, the game started lagging bad. I didn't stay long enough to know how long it went on.

2. After that I went Armored Knight, and none of the creeps attacked me. Only when I went to kill Fel Orc Magic Dabbler did his two guards attack.

3. The Armored Knight's Bleeding Strike doesn't damage the creep every second. Maybe every 2 or 3.

RANDOM STUFF:

1. Town Priest's shouldn't have the ability to revive heroes if there's nowhere to go in the areas near them. You should take them out and add them only when you finish the areas near them, especially since you can't get back to the starting area.

2. Not that important, but heroes move to some random place real quick after you choose one. I'm guessing it's the acquisition range. Maybe expand the area around the hero choosing area so it isn't so close to creeps?

3. This is really your choice, being the maker of the map, but all of those portal, fire, and smoke doodads are not needed (southeast of the starting area). It adds to the space and looks unprofessional.

4. Are Fel Orc Magic Dabblers supposed to be bosses? If not, you should probably nerf them (unless you plan on adding a healer very soon), their damage is pretty high.

Hope this helped somewhat :wink:. Unfortunately, because this is in Beta I can't post as much ideas as I'd like. Once the map progresses it should be easier for me to give more feedback. Overall, I think this will be a decent RPG once you put some hard work into it.

P.S. About 15 minutes into the game, it started lagging bad again. I'm 99.9% sure it's not my computer. I'm assuming it's something in the trigger(s).

P.S.S Looking for any specific ideas? Items? Units? It's just kind of hard for me to give general ideas because I don't want to give ideas that you're already working on.

Level 8
Hey its me again :D
Time to see what you´ve done. I will now play some longer time, edit will follow....

TESTING!

EDIT:
Ok i tested but....
i couldn´t play 5 minuts because the game began to lag so much, my wc3 crashed more than 4 times... :( [This just happend after i revived my hero]
Some things i saw:
-Terrain is now much better :)
-You added some things (Villagers, Traders, Animals etc)
-(Traders) Maybe you should do what i´d done:
-Create a normal Unit (like a footman etc)
-Give the unit the abilities of a trader
-Count in the items to sell
-Place the trader in your orpg
-I hope you will find the lag-trigger :/

Go on with working :p

~Nurga

Last edited:
Level 6
Update:

Changelog:
-Fixed the creeps not attacking. But increased their agro range to 500.
-Fixed the Blademaster's "Throw Poisoned Dagger" spell not doing DPS. Same with the Armored Knight's "Bleeding Strike" Spell.
-Removed the lag caused by reviving.
-Replaced the armor of a unit with its level. This does not apply to heroes.
-Removed the second smithing trader from the first town.

Feel free to give any ideas or anything. Such as creeps, bosses, quests, items, Hero classes, anything.

Helping Rules:
1. It has to be a helpful comment! Posting something can't be just...... "OMGWTFBBQ DIS MAP IS TEH SUCKSORZ LOL'' That just makes you seem like an idiot.
2. If you post a helpful comment send me a private message so when the new version is updated I can give you your rep.
3. Make sure to follow rules 1 and 2.

Attachments

• Epic ORPG 0.13.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 9
Testing...I might upload a version with improvements, so you can look at it or use it.
EDIT: Here goes...Sorry for being offensive, but the terrain still sucks... its generic and such. Its because you are forcing it all into such a small space. The selection system sucks, because its just a unit training the hero in the actual game world. I suggest making a place in the top left corner with a tavern, and you have invisible units for each player which then selects something, then they are removed so you can't get another one and your hero appears at the town. Also, the heroes are fucking weak. I tried the Executioner and he is so easily pwnt by lvl 1 creeps... I can improve on what you want. Hope that is 'Constructive criticism". Edit 2: The classes I'd want is: The Soldier. An all-rounder of Defense and Attack, a tank. The Warlock. A weak in health but deadly with magic. More to come.

Last edited:
Level 9
Also, in your item drop triggers, you have an error. Only have If Random Integer equal to (1) then blah blah, and don't do the Else actions with Random integer 9 or 10 or whatever, just do a Do None. The filesize is bad, you can cut down on that too.

Level 6
Announcement:

Announcement:
I have some bad news. My graphics card went out yesterday, (6-25-09). I am currently using a friend's computer to post this. I won't be getting a new card for a couple of weeks. I will still be able to answer any questions about the map. Now to the comments!

Comment 1:
Ricardo Irving
Testing...I might upload a version with improvements, so you can look at it or use it.
EDIT: Here goes...Sorry for being offensive, but the terrain still sucks... its generic and such. Its because you are forcing it all into such a small space. The selection system sucks, because its just a unit training the hero in the actual game world. I suggest making a place in the top left corner with a tavern, and you have invisible units for each player which then selects something, then they are removed so you can't get another one and your hero appears at the town. Also, the heroes are fucking weak. I tried the Executioner and he is so easily pwnt by lvl 1 creeps... I can improve on what you want. Hope that is 'Constructive criticism". Edit 2: The classes I'd want is: The Soldier. An all-rounder of Defense and Attack, a tank. The Warlock. A weak in health but deadly with magic. More to come.

My Response:
1. Umm..... just saying the terrain sucks is NOT helpful. I can sort of see where your going though. Although I think the terrain is better than the terrain of many maps I see today.
2. The selection system has already been improved in the new version.
3. The Heroes may bee weak, but did you play with 2 players like it was suggested? If you do, all the Demon's fall before you easily.
4. The two Hero suggestions are good, but I would appreciate a more thorough description.

I will post other comment replies later.
100th post!

Level 9
My Response:
1. Umm..... just saying the terrain sucks is NOT helpful. I can sort of see where your going though. Although I think the terrain is better than the terrain of many maps I see today.
2. The selection system has already been improved in the new version.
3. The Heroes may bee weak, but did you play with 2 players like it was suggested? If you do, all the Demon's fall before you easily.
4. The two Hero suggestions are good, but I would appreciate a more thorough description.

I will post other comment replies later.
100th post!

Response to your reply.
1) I said the terrain was cramped. You missed that.
2) I'll test it.
3) I don't think many people will play a game where they need another person to help them with a few level one monsters. Make it to encourage co-operative play...in dungeons, and such.
4) Hmm, ok, here's some more ideas.
The Sphinx (completely original name): The Sphinx is meant to go up and close, and evasive. He will flee as soon as he strikes, as he confuses his enemies.

The Soldier: The soldier is good at longswords, and military shields. He is trained in both the bow and arrow, and the melee weapon. A tank and a ranged supporter.

The Protector: He summons magical walls to block off Demons, and summons Armor buffs.

The Necromancer: He will summon those who died in the Demon attack on the mountain town, and will turn those into his unholy warriors.

The Summoner: A man who utilizes Demons of which he has manipulated to serve him to destroy their former hellish comrades.
More to come!

Now: The central hatred - The lag. The bandit basically lags so much the game basically will never be played online with lag like that. Other classes start lagging like hell. Your triggers aren't optimized.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hello there i need a name, im back. But still dont have time to beta testing. So many maps are waiting. But i will dont worry. also i will help you to improve your map. anyway...

You tried to make a singleplayer mode? or a difficulty selection? i can help you with that if you need.

Level 6
Update:

Good News:
I finally got my computer fixed! Now this map will continue!

Changelog:
-Reduced the stats of Demons by 1/3.
-Fixed the lag, for real this time!
-Made all the Demons spawn after 30 seconds, to prevent Agro when a Hero is first Chosen.
-Added a new Hero Selection System.

Need Comments! Now that the map is open for business I require more comments. I've read the commments you have read and I need more!

Attachments

• Epic ORPG 0.14.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
Level 6
Ok, I could barely play 3 mins before the lag made wc3 crash... You should look into that.

Anyways... I can't say I fancy the terrain that much, at all. You need to work on that, also, the cluster fuck of portals on the hill is ... no.

And I understand it's WIP but... It's no fun either.

Level 8
Anyway, didn´t test a long time...so. Again and lets see what happened :)

Tested.
-Well. Terrain is better. Some trees at the roads and its better.
-No Creeps (just corpses)
-After choosing a hero, the cam should go to him.

So.
Not much changed, some bugs, so continue and gogo! :D

Level 6
Finally!!!

Finally a comment! This short comment surprisingly gave me something to do with the map. I had mostly given up do to the fact that no one downloaded it. Thanks to Nurga a new version will be up by tomorrow at the latest.

EDIT: The reason there are no demons, just corpses, is because when the game starts all Demons die and then respawn after 30 seconds or so to stop Heros from aggroing them when their picked.

Level 4
Sorry man, I can't review your map because of I'm still trying to develop my map. But if you need ideas, I can send you my map to get some ideas from it or anything else :) Just p.m. me or reply this for answer

Status
Not open for further replies.