• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ORPG the begining

itch is the better name

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Practically the point of this thread is to attract people here on hive to maybe join the team or contribute the creation of this map

Those who noticed these two threads :
ORPG QUESTION
WHAT AN ORPG NEEDS TO BE GOOD
should know to find a team of people and make an orpg

even though not many people answered (witch i understand because there is already to many orpgs in creation) those who did were somewhat positive

so i decided to post here the features of my new orpg:
  • 12 classes each with 2 individual talent trees
  • stats and substats system (fullscreen)
  • achievement system
  • 5 epic towns with lots of taverns,cathedrals and other houses witch you can enter
  • number of possible quest lines for every class so everyone feels like he is in his own story
  • inventory system (fullscreen)
  • item class system (depending on material and type)
  • instances with nice bosses
  • combat system (adding weight to weapons)(using shields(little bars under you that take some damage away))(crit and spell crit)(some weapons stronger against some unit types)
  • special second mana bar for every class
  • professions (fullscreen)

also brett and catch_ya are going to be working on the map

so there is only one problem

i do not have the whole team

so pls think of joining
here or on orpg question thread

Last edited:
Level 3
Is this Project Recruitment? If so, then you are in the wrong place.

I could help I can be a Idea Maker, since I am working on a ORPG also, then I am not available this time. I'll let you know when I am availabe.

Level 12
you seem like one who have played TKoK Rpg... Anyway i would like to join! i can do GUI abit vjass and i am medium at terraining i can also do object editoring and right now im actually working on a inventory system (fullscreen) xD

Level 12
Thx for letting me join the protject maybe we should create our own heroes instead of those ones like hunter and mage etc.. I think people will be abit tired of them..
But i think we should 100% keep geomancer, bloodluster, barbarian and pyromancer or hydromancer.. Anyway if u want me to do a system or something terrain tell me.. PS: its limited to some systems i cant do every system :p

Level 7
do you have msn and if you do pm it to me

Thx for letting me join the protject maybe we should create our own heroes instead of those ones like hunter and mage etc.. I think people will be abit tired of them..
But i think we should 100% keep geomancer, bloodluster, barbarian and pyromancer or hydromancer.. Anyway if u want me to do a system or something terrain tell me.. PS: its limited to some systems i cant do every system :p

well its true that hunter and mage are a bit boring
but i do have cool and fresh ideas for them

and actually hydromancer does wind and water spells ( ice too of course )
but aquaheliomancer is too long

or is it

Last edited:
Level 12
I have some screenies of my works.. Some are old some are new..

skillz1.jpg
Skillz2.jpg
Skillz3.jpg
Skillz4 (no doodads).jpg - here its just terrain no doodads added..
Skillz5 MediEvil1.jpg
Skillz6 MediEvil 2.jpg
Skillz 555.jpg
Skillz MediEvil 3 graveyard.jpg

I dont know if we get another terrainer but if its needed i can do some terrain too and a little thing i hate blizzard cliffs..

Level 7
then why is your computer on german
vista simply nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ok back on the topic of making a map i will post here (or you want me to pm) you my drawings of the inventory and skill tree outlook also im working on proffesions drawings and on sub stats (also full screen)

Level 12
Ok this will take really long time to make i will do my best but i cant make it in like 2-3 days im still working on the trackable and getitemid whatever its really hard to code ^^ but yea i would like to see the drawings..

Level 7
lol you think you should make it in 2-3 days
of course not (the more time you put into it the better)

but this map is going to have a custom interface so the fullscreen stuff (inventory...)
should fit it

Level 7
I have planed out professions

each profession has 2 sub professions (one for collecting other one for working on material )

you practice the hall profession and you get levels in it
one level 1 point
you can invest the point in either one of to sub profession

professions are

1. blacksmith = ore finding + smithing
2. runeing = stone find. + enchanting
3. leather worker= skining + tailoring
4. potion maker = herbing + potion cooking
5. tailoring = fiber maker + tailoring
6. engieniring = blue printing+ meching
7. scroll making = paper work + enchanting

and there is also

cooking = hunting + fishing + herb collecting
(yes you will need food to survive (you'll even need sleep))

soon i will post the sub stats summary too

Level 12
Ok i'll get to work on this.. But i need to know how u do enchanting ?? and tailoring and fiber making etc..
Anyway if you sended me those drawings of how you think the inventory/stat FSI should look then i could work on it.. Anyway heres a screenshot of a little test ive made..
FSI full.jpg

Level 12
Ive made abit more terrain in a kinda like grass/bushes style however i havent made the doodas yet coz i want to know what you think about it

Terrain1.jpg
Terrain2.jpg

the hole in with big cliffs around in picture 1 is a cave i would make an entrance to.. I will make stones and height them so it look like roof and the leafs on the ground is a reminder for my self that helps me remember where to place trees and such.. The 2nd picture i had a little idea were their could be placed a little town with quests or something.

Level 7
sry couldnt fix my scanner yet
anyway do you know how to make floating text like i critical attack and it show my bonus damage but on every hit, every lifesteal, every heal, every block and dodge

Level 2
I know to do that

Attachments

• System.w3x
    30.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 7
ok and about your terrain i really like it
(brett is supposed to be working terrain but you can do that part time)
one thing witch is the better name

northern provinces orpg - np orpg
upstream of palinas orpg - uop orpg

edit : i made a poll but i miss spelled witch now its an itch lol
any way ill post pics made by camera of inventory and other stuff (i have drawings of talent tree layout and of professions upgrade)

Level 12
good job is brett in our team ?? If he is good! and its 100% okay for me if he make all the terrain and i can get more focus on triggering.. Btw im working on a custom damage, block, health, mana, exp, attack rating, defense system .. its pretty easy for me to use and code..

Level 7
ok i see people voting but no posts
pls comment

edit : sry for double post

edit 2 : im working on item dependency on classes

and on some talents for assassin and mage (just planning)

Last edited:
Level 12
The thing that also is really important when you make an rpg is ideas! we need spell ideas for every hero .. Also i maybe have a spell idea for assassin: Kick ! you will be able to kick your enemies knocking them a little back and deals some damage. What if we made a fully custom Healt, Mana, Mana regen, Health regen, damage, armor, hit rating, crit, evade, block kinda system in one pack ofc .. I have been working on some of it already and it aint that complicated as it sounds i just use some formulars which is fully customizable

Level 7
ok nice also spells in this orpg are defined by spell power and every class has its own secondary mana scale so u will have to count it in later

about kick there is a paladin spell called mace hurl witch will do that

Level 7
well yes im planing, idea generating and doing some spells and the save load and camera system
and ui skining
you are for now doing the rest
and brett of course
also we have a new thread so from now on post there

Level 12
Are you a jass/vjass coder ? because i think that we should have a jass/vjass coded systems.. And if we are going to use my attack system with level based damage and such so a lvl 1 with epic items cant kill a lvl 50 then ill just need to attach them to the save/load

: what is the new thread called ?

Status
Not open for further replies.