1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Orpg Game

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Liklers, Aug 30, 2009.

1. msunny

msunny

Resources:
    Resources:
    i got really busy now but you will have in the next 10 hours in the worst case scenario

2. Rocker742

Rocker742

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll indulge in terraining if you need the extra pair of hands.. I'd just need someone to give me a basic layout or somethin..

3. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Idea

Hey how about every terrainer makes an area by theirselfs and we all put them togheter in one map! Not bad eh? :cool:

P.S We're to Ssssssslllllllloooooowwww.....

4. Rocker742

Rocker742

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Blaah.. What tileset? i dont want to accidently be using like ashenvale then someonell be like "K, guys. we're gonna use felwood" then I'll just be like grr..

5. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah i think its gonna be like a wood,city,desert,undeadwood/felwood,shit land,snow land N on N on N on...

6. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    well:p basicly this map is not even started on terraining and stuff like that:p

+ we even don't have a story:cool:

7. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah we should start doing the story.(im not starting)

8. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok i can start:p

Story:
    In the land of Gillead lies a powerfull sorce that no one ever woud imagne. No one in the land knows about this mystic power but they all have speciall powers for some reason. The most powerfull one is the King Nortrom, but he has been missing for 2 years now. His evil brother in that time has taken advatage of this and attacked the land. Now the People has Called out for help. And YOU must reply.

9. MultiGod

MultiGod

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the land of Gillead
    King Nortrom

10. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah sorry bout that shoud be deleted:p

Ohh ... PS. Did you like my story??

11. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah but well im gonna pimp it a bit.So the king guy took a legion of his troops (race unknow)to find the power but no one heard of them in 2 years so everyone hates the new king and in some parts of the land Undead Armys are attacking villages and some of the villagers recodnised the undead as the army of the king who dissapeard 2 years ago. So the hero/s has/have to kill the evil king and find the power source to become leaders of the land Teh Endz

12. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    I never wrote about a new king... I sayed that his evil Brother attacked the land but ok let's say The evil brother is the new king and that the Undeads are attacking(but The new king is in Command of the undeads) and that stuff but still:p

13. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah the new king is the evil brother.And the Undead are beeing led by the Courupted "good king"/1st general of the good king who betrayed the king for the power N they all got corrupted except for the king who is now a lonley man who's hiding in the woods cuz he's afraid to that the new king will kill him.

14. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    ..... I sayed the Old king (good King) was the strongest dude in the place but let's say this ORPG has an quest that you need to help the old king but he has changed name and is now a old man inside the woods:xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd:

15. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    um he's lost his mamory :xxd: or he could just be the final boss for the undead army

16. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    na Good vs Bad... let's say Good king lost half of his powers and his now leading the Rebels :) we as the good guys will start of in a small Rebel camp that will be attacked and destroyeed or something like that:p + We can do something like this: we make like 4 diffrent maps with difrent Terrain wich is suppose to be like 4 difrent regions:p that idea sounds atleast good if you ask me:)

17. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wish we could make 4 maps but game chane in MP does not work :sad:
    Also It would be cool if we give the player a choise in what fraction does he/she (yeah right she :D) whants to be i mean not many ORPGs have that,it would make us original :thumbs_up:

18. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah but still:p and we probelly shoud get a mount system( maybe not) like the one Everwood ORPG is making just not like it:p

19. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah that would be cool well just use all the heroes that have mounts,most of them have an unmounted version on the hive oh and we should give some sorta bonus for the unmounted heroes.

EDIT:The Next Day
    So when does the terraining start? Also i got an idea about the snow area (if there is one),during the night most of the units in the snow area will take little damage and will have slower attack and movment speed (from the cold),except for the snow area creeps like wolfs,frost trolls,polar bears etc.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  20. Liklers

Liklers

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry i was gone for 3 days,

i was thinking about layouts during those days, so what ideas did you guys make?

{EDIT}
    So my idea of the start terrain is that we should make a castle for the main city and the rest it will be camps for the quests around the terrain we make. What i was thinking to make is after the castle a forest then a Colosseum maybe with a river and waterfall that lead later on to a swamp.In the swamp there is also a temple you can enter? Maybe a Desert on the otherside to a burned down village. Theres going to be more places but thats all i thought about right now? What you guys think?

Mounts.
    I was thinking about that actually when i was gone but i remembered there is not many mounted and unmounted heroes or units in the WE.

Storyline.
    Think of a storyline of what i just had an idea about. maybe add more different places if you can think of a good one

Abilities.
    We need to think of heroes and their main role

Naitsirk, what is the role of this back pack system?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009