• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orpg Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Alright i got it.So the first area i checked was the swamp.It was fine needs some improvmentbut fine.Then i cheked all the towns or camps,the NE one whit the war treants doesent need the woden walls, cuz its like if u put fotmen guarding a wall of skeletons know what im sayin?Then i got to the second camp NE camp and well.....yeah it kinda sucks.Then i saw the little camp next to the big NE camp,why are the buildings made out of mushrooms (draeni buildings) I mean thre's not even mushrooms in the swamp (use murlock huts or something)The furolbog village was nice.The normal woods need some improvment,the Villlage was wird because it has bouth humans and elfs?And what are those "rooms" jail?Why does the whaterfall drop ice?Also the farms are to big i mean just look at the size of the door and the size of the people.
I got a good idea for that area to the eastern parts of the woods where there's some sort of corruption on the other side of the woods we could add the first instance!It will be an abandoned castle run by an evil DeathKnight and it will be full of undead (it gonna be like an interior leave it to me).Also the tilesets are to specific 5 tiles just for woods and swamps?We cant make a desert or snow land,we could hardly make a big town.

So thats my coment on the map tell me what to do.

P.S My editor is an older version that's not a problem right?

Last edited:
Level 4
troynl, your a beta tester.

azul, a little

darkmythic, me too

thehunterkiller,added

trolman, i was going to make you terrain it but i guess not since ur gona be gone. might as well get multigod to makespells

{EDIT}
i might reterrain the whole thing to make it more realistic

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Well, i might just make a big city/ castle and then the terrain there off. if you want to add something naitsirk you can. What are your guys ideas.

The main charater in the story will be a king seeking redemption?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Do you mind taking care of instant messaging through private messages? This forum is not meant to be place to exchange addresses with everyone else.
Here's an idea: send a private message to all your team members asking their e-mail, MSN and AOL addresses. Everyone else should do the same.

~Thread cleaned

Level 18
Man im bored!Liklers you didn do all the terrain by your self right cuz im very bored :slp: .

Edit 1 boring hour later:Ok thats it im starting my own map,but dont worry i will do the terrain for the orpg and I'll still be on the thread,in fact im gonna make the map just cuz i dont have anything better to do and dont worry my main job is the orpg maybe ill recrut you guys (if you guys want) after we finish the ORPG.

Level 4
No.. its not [dead] i was on vacation but now im back

Ok GOT, it would be nice to have a loading screen. ill put you up as a beta tester

Level 4
You should start fresh and use WEU to make the map a few bigger and more tilesets then use Vjass editor

Level 18
Lol the last time i tried to use weu i had to reinstal my wc cuz it wouldnut open and it screwed up my we.

Oh what the heck ill try it again.
Edit 10 mins later:WTF i cant find it in the hive tools and google is a Ahole.Can someone give me a link?

Level 10
It's been Removed becuse it's a BUGGY ****...

I woud just go with something Else then WEU i use the Normal one

{EDIT}
U shoud be glad for that... U do not wanne use WEU... a Project me and a Dude had been working on for like.... 6 month or something got ****d up becuse we had used WEU and patch 1.24 ****ED the hole thing so we deleted all triggers but it did not work!

Level 7
The same way you can save screenshots from everywhere.
1) Press the "Print" button (should be next to F12)
2) Open Paint (or some program like that)
3) Use Ctrl+v (or rightclick -> paste)
4) File -> Save as
5) Upload the saved file somewhere (for example imageshack)

Level 18
lol tnx for the help +rep for u :thumbs_up: !

So this is the desert it has 2 destroyed citys that could have indors.The whole thing needs a litle more polishing but ill do that tomorow.

Attachments

• Terrain.JPG
    Terrain.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 82
Level 4
Give me the map. ill touch it up and add a few things.

Also. Ive thought of names for the orpg and might call it Requiem's Of Aion(RoA) So basically Aion was the king in this story but was killed by _______. The main city is Aion, named after him to respect the deceased king. (Heroes) We need to talk about them and how we are setting them up. I was thinking of a fun way to do this and more thought into things when people choose and customize thier heroes. The idea is to have 3 different types of settings for heroes as in different types of spells etc. They will be freely chosen with a limit of which spells they use. To increase the effect off the ability you will have to recieve them on drops from bosses to a certain max level. Some abilitys will just be stat dependent or mixed ex. Holy Ray Lv 1- Heals 2x Wisdom. Holy Ray Lv 2- Heals 2.2x wisdom and so on.(ATTRIBUTES) Im thinking of putting more stat differences to make player choices more UNIQUE. Ex- Strength - Increase damage by .2 per point. Feedback?

Level 18
Ok hopefuly ive sent the map to you.

Ok here u go 2 screenshots of the dam and you can see the entrance to the temple in the second one

Attachments

• Terrain.JPG
    Terrain.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Terrain 2.JPG
    Terrain 2.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Level 4
I might go solo on the terraining. Im sorry if i offended you but i was speaking the truth. Im going to continue on my old terrain and ill probably be working on it during this week and improvise. I need to get this DONE because we are getting no where. Until then i will update stuff when im done on the main Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.