• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orpg Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Yeah but well im gonna pimp it a bit.So the king guy took a legion of his troops (race unknow)to find the power but no one heard of them in 2 years so everyone hates the new king and in some parts of the land Undead Armys are attacking villages and some of the villagers recodnised the undead as the army of the king who dissapeard 2 years ago. So the hero/s has/have to kill the evil king and find the power source to become leaders of the land Teh Endz

Level 10
I never wrote about a new king... I sayed that his evil Brother attacked the land but ok let's say The evil brother is the new king and that the Undeads are attacking(but The new king is in Command of the undeads) and that stuff but still:p

Level 18
Nah the new king is the evil brother.And the Undead are beeing led by the Courupted "good king"/1st general of the good king who betrayed the king for the power N they all got corrupted except for the king who is now a lonley man who's hiding in the woods cuz he's afraid to that the new king will kill him.

Level 10
na Good vs Bad... let's say Good king lost half of his powers and his now leading the Rebels :) we as the good guys will start of in a small Rebel camp that will be attacked and destroyeed or something like that:p + We can do something like this: we make like 4 diffrent maps with difrent Terrain wich is suppose to be like 4 difrent regions:p that idea sounds atleast good if you ask me:)

Level 18
I wish we could make 4 maps but game chane in MP does not work :sad:
Also It would be cool if we give the player a choise in what fraction does he/she (yeah right she :D) whants to be i mean not many ORPGs have that,it would make us original :thumbs_up:

Level 18
Yeah that would be cool well just use all the heroes that have mounts,most of them have an unmounted version on the hive oh and we should give some sorta bonus for the unmounted heroes.

EDIT:The Next Day
So when does the terraining start? Also i got an idea about the snow area (if there is one),during the night most of the units in the snow area will take little damage and will have slower attack and movment speed (from the cold),except for the snow area creeps like wolfs,frost trolls,polar bears etc.

Last edited:
Level 4
Sorry i was gone for 3 days,

i was thinking about layouts during those days, so what ideas did you guys make?

{EDIT}
So my idea of the start terrain is that we should make a castle for the main city and the rest it will be camps for the quests around the terrain we make. What i was thinking to make is after the castle a forest then a Colosseum maybe with a river and waterfall that lead later on to a swamp.In the swamp there is also a temple you can enter? Maybe a Desert on the otherside to a burned down village. Theres going to be more places but thats all i thought about right now? What you guys think?

Mounts.
I was thinking about that actually when i was gone but i remembered there is not many mounted and unmounted heroes or units in the WE.

Storyline.
Think of a storyline of what i just had an idea about. maybe add more different places if you can think of a good one

Abilities.
We need to think of heroes and their main role

Naitsirk, what is the role of this back pack system?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
Well yeah I like your ideas for the terrain and I was thinking that we could add some mountains(snow on top) to the north maybe some plague lands home for the undead heroes,how about we add the orcs in the destroyed viliage to the desert (home for the orc heroes),1-2 Citys (smaller that the Castle) 4-5 Villages just so the land doesent look empty there could also be dungeons,mines,caves,old temples,Catacombs (dun know if i spelld it right),old castles, and more.
About the mounts,well we could have that for the mounted heroes (+hp + movment speed) and for the one's who arent mounted we will have a XXXX training (same as mounted heroes)
For the story,well im not good on starting one...
For the heroes will just use all the blizzard classes + X custom (rouge,knight,warior that kida shit)
And finaly for the abilities they should match the hero (not paladin with death coil :ugly: )

Level 10
well Troynl We kinda have liek 3-4 people that already "can" terrain:p some are good some i do not know of:p but good to have you on the Testing team:p (BTW I am not Leader of Project sadly it's Liklers:p(Kidding(not kidding about that i'm not the Project Leader)))

Level 18
Hey Liklers can I be the lead terrainer?Also you need to spend more time on this,the olny time your on is late night at my place.

Troynl the story is on page 5 and well we haven't startet doing the terrain :C

Level 3
If there is any space left... i could help... i am great with ideas could help with terrain, GUI here and there you know... items also :]

Level 5
maby idear race choose is for example:(Rebel) Humans, Dwarfs and things like that
and at the other side: Orcs, Trolls ...

They aren't allys but because they have the same enemy (Evil Empire) they are neutral to eachother and some even make alliance to destroy the Empire. (1 team start in west and other in east or something)
(ow and maby no importaint undead because every game have undeads maby only for a dungeon what isn't very importaint for the story)

Level 4
Ok im going to start the terrain on the castle and then we will improvise on that there on.

I live in USA Washington State if you guys did not know.

Soo.. The map i started has a little village but i think it should be changed into a castle like i said. Give me Emails please and create a windows live messenger account so we can discuss. Ill give you the map see what you think and we will add to it.

Level 5
Ok im going to start the terrain on the castle and then we will improvise on that there on.

I live in USA Washington State if you guys did not know.

Soo.. The map i started has a little village but i think it should be changed into a castle like i said. Give me Emails please and create a windows live messenger account so we can discuss. Ill give you the map see what you think and we will add to it.

hmm i think a castle is to big for starting area.

but the story now is or Rebels agains the evil Empire (city is Evil) (maby Quest where you attack the city with a army)
or you are a new soldier of the Empire Army where the city is friendly and maby start arena but i think it is better to begin in a training camp when we do that.

because there are to much things in a city for the begin.

an idear is first begin area with some begin quests and last quest your camp/town is attacked by evil and then you flee the town or something (dunno if everybody know now what i am talking about) it is actually just dungeon like where you start and can leave by quest but when you leave you can't enter it again.

Level 10
i can't remember saying that u start out as a rebel.. well basclly what we shoud do is that you eather can be Neutral or you can join Rebels:p or maybe i did say something about rebels... Silly me can't seem to Figure out if i did or not well:p I think i woud go with the neutral/rebels Idea wich i just came with:p :smile:

Level 10
I diden't say that any1 woud go Emp... It's Nautral And Rebels Rebels gets Rebel quests while Nautrals get's City quests... To become a Rebel u need to be let's say level 20-30 until then ur just a Nautral but Nautral got diffrent quests then Rebels:p and Rebels got Diffrent Quests then Nautral:p You see my point??:psmile:

Level 18
I say after 20-30 lv the player needs to chose if he wants to be a rebel or an empire soldier/merchant.Before that he's a nautral.

(...)
{EDIT}

Back on topic
What should the rases be?I mean i know that the rebels and empire are humans but what about the orcs,trolls,tauren,high/blood elfs,dwarfs,Night Elfs,undead,deamons and other?

Level 10
Night elfs blood elf's and High elfs Woud kinda Be a ripp of from Warcraft:p let's say Woodelf Black Elfs and Purple Elfs:) And Let's have Orcs:p and Maybe Trolls:p but not undeads:p or deamons:p we coud have Warlock Class wich can Summon Deamons and that shit:p but no Undead or Deamon Race:p

Level 4
i still need everyones emails

{EDIT}
@mendal, we need a pro jasser

Level 10
i hate ripping of from Game's but it's not possible to Do not Ripp off anything cuse All games(atleast most games) has Humans:p and Orcs too and Well I don't give a damn aslong as we do not Ripp of name's from the WC lore:p (wc= Warcraft)

Level 5
hmm the problem with useing Dark Elfs is that some Dark elfs look to much like nature guys (Druid of the Talon) and some nature guys look to much as a Dark Elf (Dryad)

maby idear for Dark Elf: they were Wood elfs but the Evil guy (Model Illidin Evil) corrupt them with demon power or something like that. Now the Wood and Dark Elfs are in war for the Forest. Actually the Wood elfs are the same as Night elfs in Warcraft.

Level 1
hi... can i be a beta tester..:mwahaha:

anyways.. i love naitsirk/n/trolman idea about rebel thing..mybe u can ripp from GoH they got killer map only sien noob monster.and too fast lvl and money hard get item if u dont know what monster drop..:spell_breaker:...

anyways good luck.i hope i got that beta later..:razz::razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.