• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mythwar ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've been recently been playing mythwar online and have loved it. I've also come to think that it would be an excellent (and very doable) orpg game on warcraft. I am a horrible map maker, i'll admit and am looking for a team who will get more credit than myself in helping me construct this map.

Basic Map Info:
Will be an ORPG (save/load system)
Saveable "Pets"
Can have multiple pets but only one can follow the hero around at the time.
Level/Race based Items.

4 races in both male and female genders. Classes are Borg, Centaur, Mage and Warrior. Males and females of each class have differing skills to their other counter-part. (Female centaur has a single shot spell called blizzard, male centaur has power shot etc..)

Needed:
Primary:
Terrainers
Triggerers
Unit Creators
Testers (If it goes ahead)
Optional:
Modeller(s)

If your interested pm me. For more information check the mythwar home page for more details.

Level 24
with multiple saveable pets the loading codes would get REALLY long. uh "borg" and "centaur" would be races, "mage" and "warrior" would be classes. concept is interesting and has potential but there would need to be lots of cleaning up and/or reorganization before first release ver. you might need more than terrainers and scripters later on.

Level 4
I agree

Good point, that's why i have come up with the idea of two different save codes. One for the hero, the other shorter for the pet. Both the Hero and the Pet are "Hero" units but the pet does not carry items thus reducing the possible save code length. Also allowing only one pet per player.

As for the races/classes thing i know what you mean but the actual mythwar game refers to the warrior and mage as a "race"

Thanks for the input

Level 24
haha sorry if i sounded bitchy/mean in that. i'm a night person. translation: i'm too tired to be mean otherwise :twisted:

about the pet thing, does that mean u can only have one pet at a time or only the one following u gets saved? does it mean that there are multiple types of pets but you can only have one?

idea for pets: maybe stick one in that can hold 1 or 2 items =D

Level 4
Pets

I'm trying to stay as close to the mythwar game as possible. Now in the mythwar game you can only have one pet in battle with you, the rest are for trading or show. In the WC3 version there is really no need to have more than one pet. Pets do not use items other than those which increase resistances to certain types of attacks in mythwar and it unless someone is willing to implement an entire system of 4 different types of magic as well as physical resistances/weaknesses then really there's no need to have items. As for the whole pet thing in total i believe that either a single pet only system is the better one, or a command/ability that generates a code for that pet and when used replaces the one you alredy have. The reason this would be useful is that pets in mythwar increase in strength along with abilities and the more powerful they are the faster they gain experience. Ultimately you end up using a single pet over all others purely because it is unseasonably powerful and it levels up faster than your main guy. This game is designed to be played with at least 3 people.

Edit: I'm hoping to implement a party system where you can gain more experience depending on the amount of people you have in game, so let's say 6 people gives you 200% experience while having only one person gives you 100%, this is because in mythwar you level faster when your in a party with more people than when your soloing.

Level 24
ah
cool.
about the magic thing, you can just tweak the attack/armour types/resistance if all attacks are just magic. the resistances wouldn't be able to be upgraded tho =/

Level 4
!

Each monster's physical attack is counted as physical in the game and they have different spells such as fire, ice, poison, chaso, dark, death etc. Hmm... Actually i would only need to tweak the armour as every creature's physical attack would be... physical. I could create three sets of armour, one resistant to magic ( you can tweak spell damage in armour as well), one resistant to physical and one normal. The upgrade resistance is a vital part of mythwar online but here i suppose it doesn't matter. T'would just be sexy if i could implement it.
This project might not go ahead... only have had one applicant *cries* PLEASE PEOPLE NEED YOU TO HELP, YOU'LL BE MAKING ONE OF THE MOST FUNDAMENTALLY LIFE CHANGING GAME TRIBUTES OF ALL TIME, AND I'LL BE YOUR FRIEND!

Level 24
yeah it is a shame =/
such a good concept going to waste b/c ppl don't bother to read/answer topics with lots of answers or something

Status
Not open for further replies.