• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upstream of Palinas - UOP ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
well i wondered if we could use hankys i could just modify it to work with our needs

[EDIT] - maybe in the main post you should make some colored texts. When people see the same color text always down they dont wanna read it if you put some colors in it more people might wanna read it :p

Last edited:
Level 7
ok im going on a trip to new zealand tomorrow and gonna be there for a month
i may have warcraft there
until then catch_ya im going to post you some directions in making the map
see ya in three days i hope

edit: added colours as you suggested catch ya

Level 12
i am.. right now im still working on the inventory system, creep system and DGUI which i have studied yesterday.. DGUI allows me / us to make units on the screen like trackables. Hard to explain but heres an screenshot.
in-game DGUI.jpg
Its like WoW you select an unit click on an ability in the action bar. Then it casts the ability on the unit unless its target ur self or something.

This is just an example but it works..

Level 11
i am.. right now im still working on the inventory system, creep system and DGUI which i have studied yesterday.. DGUI allows me / us to make units on the screen like trackables. Hard to explain but heres an screenshot.
View attachment 72751
Its like WoW you select an unit click on an ability in the action bar. Then it casts the ability on the unit unless its target ur self or something.

This is just an example but it works..

If you run into trouble while spamming clicks on your actionbarbuttons... I successfully created a fully working bar with grafical cooldown, left and right click detection and icon updating. It's based on DGUI and I added a lot of code/features. so if you encounter problems, don't be shy to ask for my help.

Greetings Thy

Level 12
Thyrael.. you were the reason that i begin to read DGUI and want to make an action bar.. because i saw in your RPG that you want to use it. So i decided to "study" DGUI. But how do you add cooldown ?? Do you use tons of different icons ?

EDIT: btw zolga can i see some of brett's terrain ?

Last edited:
Level 11
I created custom models for the buttons myself and animated them to show a segemented black semitransparent plane. That rotating animation has a duration of 1 second. So I can easily scale the duration up or down as I need it for the different spells.

Level 12
I created custom models for the buttons myself and animated them to show a segemented black semitransparent plane. That rotating animation has a duration of 1 second. So I can easily scale the duration up or down as I need it for the different spells.

i have to say that you are clever oO i would never figure that out.. So when you use that instead of the DGUI dummy then you just play its animation and disable the clicked DGUI's action for 1 second ?

@Zolga: i just think that with action bars and the use of DGUI we could create something new that never has been seen in a warcraft 3 game unless Thyrael's. For example a little bar over the heroes UI that display the extra mana bar for each class.

Level 11
So when you use that instead of the DGUI dummy then you just play its animation and disable the clicked DGUI's action for 1 second ?

When a button that holds a spell or item it will trigger the spells/items cd. At the same time all other buttons that are not empty will go into the global cooldown. Button that hold the same spell/item will go into the specific cooldown when one of them is clicked. The animationspeed is set by a special system that I wrote. And, yes for the duration of a cooldown the actions bound to the specific buttons are blocked.

Level 12
well. I understand that.. However could you give me that model ?? i will give credit. Also if you do then i would ask if its ok if you also send me your special animationspeed library. I dont want to steal i just want to make a system similiar to yours.

Level 11
I can offer to answer your questions as best as possible, but I won't realease any piece of my work until my own project has been finished/released. I hope you can understand that. You cn contact me over ICQ or skype.

Status
Not open for further replies.