• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epic ORPG testers needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well then. I will happy look toward to the new version.
@I need a name: Please review my Map, too. It need some more testing :)

I think you are being a bit rude. People can comment whatever they want, there is no law that says they have to comment anything at all, and you should absolutely not threaten people with neg rep (especially since you cant give that), it makes you seem very unsympathetic.

Now to the map.
Actually, there wasn't that much to it, i really liked the hero selection with the guy running through the door, and the tower at the beginning was nice. Though i think you should learn using the object editor better, you can remove pathing from ALL doodads and destructables if you want by setting pathing texture to "NONE"(so pathing is never an issue), holding ctrl and pressing down will lower selected doodad, holding down ctrl and dragging w/ the mouse makes it spin.

*Use more doodad variation!
I want to see stuff like wooden barricades, crates, cages, campfires, old excavation sites, creep camps with log huts, torches, corpses, lower the scaling values of the "tree of life" model to have roots tangeling around your rocks and cliffs, statues and obelisks, heads on spears near creep camps - and dont say none of that fit's your story, 'cause then your story just sucks.

*have a look at this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/the-ultimate-terraining-map-3-0-a-45316/

Export some doodads from that map and import them into yours, make new doodads using the button in the object editor, and place some decent walls and gates. Also, NEVER use the ripple tool! The ripple tool is anabomination to nature and all of mankind, and it should NEVER%&¤@! be used. Use the smooth tool instead to clean up the mess.

*And also, check this out:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81731

This contains a useful tool called WEU enhancer that can let you use up to 16 tiles in your map. Open your map with it, and add some more exciting tiles!
DO NOT use the "advanced triggers" option since the scripts are outdated and will not compile in warcraft anymore.

For normal map making, use this editor:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

*go to scenario>map options and check the "use terrain fog" box. Change Zstart to 600 and Zend to about 4000, then pick a colour you like, perhaps something generic like white or teal.

*Fix the map layout, it's very linear. Why do you always walk in this mountain trench? aren't there any forests and valleys, or perhaps ruins to explore? Try to make the city layouts more logical, make some key structures like the castle, and perhaps a market square, thieves guild (or maybe knights guild, whatever you want), a proper city wall (check out utm in my link), some guard towers, different districts (poor/rich, trade/war, perhaps class-wise? Like mage/warrior district?)

*Fix the inventory system, it's a mess. Make it more generic, you can't have a trigger for each item and hero. You could aswell store them in arrays instead, or move equippable items to a dummy unit, then make an abillity that makes you select that unit to check out your equipment.

Hope that helped.

Level 3
How do you manage to create these insane laggs?!?
Was unplayable after 30 seconds, sry man but you gotta fix the lag before anything can be done here

Status
Not open for further replies.