1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

-Truevision ORPG *Under Construction*-

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Sverkerman, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I believe that Hagge5 did, he is a good photoshopper, but since he is spending time on this project they still need another one. :goblin_yeah:

2. haxel96

haxel96

Resources:
    Resources:
    i want a blue one :p but i guess ill use the red since its for supporters.

3. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:

I dont think thats possible :9 maybe in future there will be created one for testers, but testers is only highly pro people and very good friends.

4. Legendary

Legendary

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very cool map

5. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see the trailer and i see a epicness so excited to this map and i see all awsome ness .. :goblin_yeah: Cool Men NICE WORK

6. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    i really believe that this can become a Directors cut!, i have played what have been made so far, and its really unique, theres nothing in this that wc3 have seen before :3

7. Hagge5

Hagge5

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I actually made it blue before red, but I thought red looked better =)
    I can make a blue one as an alternete supporter sig in 10 min if I'm bored.
    (Hej!)

I think my coding is way to weak for a directors cut. =)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  8. haxel96

haxel96

Resources:
    Resources:
    :D ok, hmm... well...

Get bored! :ogre_hurrhurr:
    Offtopic
    Hej!

9. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    youre kiding :9 i dint find any leaks in the system p.p when i tryed it, also movement system is perfect :d

10. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did not think you would use these items for starters you are the map makers not me and second all these items involve warcraft lore ;)

11. -Bloody Hound-

-Bloody Hound-

Resources:
    Resources:
    GuildWars -_-

12. Hagge5

Hagge5

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :vw_wtf:

13. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I play that abit while Hagge5 is working on the map, yes?

14. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have never played Guildwars so I shall not comment that but how the häll did we go from WarCraft to guild wars? And Sverker can you give us any updates on what you've been doing?

15. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We never went from Warcraft to guildwars. I enjoy playing both and that is my personal opinion. However this subject is offtopic.

We just finished the Herbalism System. only got a few systems to go, then we can start building up the game itself.

The Herbalism System took hagge5 about 13 hours to create. Also, we encountered a what we thought was a major bug, however it was not and could be fixed after 3 hours of thinking (not included in the "13 hours to create")

I must tell you, it looks way better than we thought it would. We are very happy about completing one of the biggest systems in the map.

*Hagge: "This is one of the most advanced system I've ever created."
    And trust me, he have created brutally advanced systems up to the very edge of limit of the World Editor.

This is what major systems we got left to create:
    *Alchemism.
    *Magic.
    *Save.
    *Hunting (spawning and looting).
    *Equibment.

After these are done we will be doing minor things such as weather effects, music for each part of the map, NPC's, Quests and so on.

If you want to help us at the moment we need some ideas for how to obtain levels in magic.

This is the update for now, I am now off to create some further terraining. I will upload photos of it shortly so stay tuned and thanks for the support.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  16. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice you should give us updates like these as often as possible and also I know that save systems are advanced but should it really be that hard for Hagge? I mean he created one in BoW, shouldnt this be mostly the same thing?

17. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This will be way more advanced and near impossible to break.

18. Hagge5

Hagge5

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The BoW one was very simple, and im planning on expanding the "advanceness" of the savecode.

I will store everything in numbers and convert it to a new numeric system containing about 40 digits, having about five encryption keys as well (different codes that stores the same value), and then im gonna shuffle letters, if possible on a binary level, and finish it off with a CheckSum.

Atleast that's what I will try :ogre_hurrhurr:

19. -Bloody Hound-

-Bloody Hound-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cheer's !

20. Catch_ya

Catch_ya

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well if you wanna have a save system that is nearly impossible to break/cheat with I'd suggest to use: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...1-2-a-189883/?prev=search=encoder&d=list&r=20

It is the best save/load system out there, and it has a really short save code which is a big plus in my opinion. Also it got a director's cut.

Nice project, I got positive surprised when I saw the videos. The terrain and the NPC system is lovely. The only things I didn't really like was the WASD movement and the combat system. Well I think you should either just have normal mouse movement or arrow key movement, that you have to click all the times sucks imo. I find the combat system a bit boring, though it might not be finished (I don't know) but I guess that is different from person to person. Anyway keep up the good work and good luck.