• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Truevision ORPG *Under Construction*-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
SVERKERMAN WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF THE NEW TERRAIN?! :ogre_rage:

... Here they are :ogre_hurrhurr:

truevisionorpg7.png

truevisionorpg8.png

truevisionorpg9.png

truevisionorpg10.png

truevisionorpg11.png

truevisionorpg12.png

truevisionorpg13.png

truevisionorpg14.png

Level 24
Sweet I love it although I think it would look more epic if you had seegrass and mushhrooms growing out of the rocks ;)

Sverkerman

Level 17
Thats not it, I have problems terraining while I am not sharing screen with someone. If you would like to watch me while I terrain simply add Zorenas_adrian to your contact list on skype and I will blow your mind with my terraining skills.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Magic city is now done!

Hagge5 will now be implanting loads of systems and features.

Meanwhile he does this I got free time to terrain for other projects. If you are interested contact me.

EDIT: Complains about not showing the magic city has been made, I will upload pictures gimme a sec.
EDIT2:
*Not done! (glow not added)*

magiccity1.png

magiccity2.png

magiccity3.png

magiccity4.png

Level 5
I can see myself in that city.It feels so realistic and i could allmost feel magick when i was imagining myself there. me like :ogre_hurrhurr: :ogre_hurrhurr: :ogre_hurrhurr:

All i can say is good work man. :ogre_haosis:

Level 6
Did you guys mean to call it Alchemism? It's... not right (LOL xD) since when referring to the school it's called Alchemy. o_o

Perhaps we did write alchemy somewhere ingame, I'm gonna have to proofread that...

Anyways.
Magic proffesion is pretty much done, It's basicly a very fast version of simon says.

The difficulti depends on your magic level, if you win, you get a new magic spell which you can choose to keep or ignore (you can only have 2), also your magic level increases. When you fight, magic can be casted at anytime if you have mana, but there is a chance that casting fails, which gets smaller if your magic level is higher.

Level 11
Will you be able to save a Hero in Single Player and then Load it in Multiplayer? You could add in a gamecrash trigger or something if a player types in a cheat in single player so cheating up your character wont work :) would be nice since its sometimes hard to w8 for other people to start a game.

Level 16
Will you be able to save a Hero in Single Player and then Load it in Multiplayer? You could add in a gamecrash trigger or something if a player types in a cheat in single player so cheating up your character wont work :) would be nice since its sometimes hard to w8 for other people to start a game.

theyre trying to get the game as free as possible :p so i really like your idear :ogre_hurrhurr: it matches in

Level 6
Yes this game will be 100% playable and enjoyable in single player!

Also, Magic profession finished! Only Save/load system left and we're ready to add game content!

Well, we havent discussed single player yet. I would prefer not since It's much easier to crack the save/load code that way, since you can just test different codes over and over to find out what does what.

And It's not just the save/load, it is:
•Save/load
•Player leaves
•Weapon looting system
•Weapon stat system
•Revival
•Battle "AI" (mostly some kind of priority system for enemies block spells)
•PvP (might not be released with first BETA)

Edit:
Loading screen finished an succesfully imported. It's the melee one with a modified picture, so it shows everyones loading progress!
Could get pic up if someone wants.

Last edited:
Level 12
Well, we havent discussed single player yet. I would prefer not since It's much easier to crack the save/load code that way, since you can just test different codes over and over to find out what does what.

And It's not just the save/load, it is:
•Save/load
•Player leaves
•Weapon looting system
•Weapon stat system
•Revival
•Battle "AI" (mostly some kind of priority system for enemies block spells)
•PvP (might not be released with first BETA)

Edit:
Loading screen finished an succesfully imported. It's the melee one with a modified picture, so it shows everyones loading progress!
Could get pic up if someone wants.

You know you can just detect how many players there are ingame at the start, and if that number is 1 you can just turn the save/load system off.

Level 11
You want the same kind of save/load both in single player and multiplayer so you can (if you want) level up your character alone, then join a multiplayer game and load it there :) most orpgs dont allow single player saves so would be great if this one supports that

Sverkerman

Level 17
You cannot disable cheats with a trigger like this:
Event: Player types "Whoisyourdaddy"
Condition: -
Action: Kick triggering player

I have a other way of doing it which I am not sharing. With this way I disable ALL cheats.

Sverkerman

Level 17
I didn't say that but if people are so horny about our game that they are ready to download a illegal program to modify the warcraft 3 engine just to get some items in a game which I have been a part of developing

TAKE THAT AS A HUGE COMPLIMENT ^^

Level 6
My opinion:
We have a way to disable cheats for single player, however, people would still be able to play around with the code, finding out what means what, test codes, and make codes for friends (since you can choose names). It's not a huge deal, really, but still a deal.

Designing it so that there are different codes for single and multiplayer is possible, with different encryption keys. We will not utilize game chaches since we don't want to waste development time on that.

Some things in the game appears at random (certain enemies, certain quest givers). If you can just keep restarting that easily in single player, I think that can be too utilized, then it will turn into a boring-ass replay-fest until you found the critters that you want to kill.

It has some risks, and will take extra time to make. Will it be worth it?
I mean, you dont need good internet to play wc3 online, and isn't that way more fun, in the end?

+The fact that it will be designed for multiplayer, you won't be able to take down powerful enemies easily without the deversity in spells that several players offer. So there really won't be that much point in playing single player unless you're actually trying to create your own loadcode or to get the right enemies. It's like creating a mode for haXXors.

I don't think single player is anything worth to waste time on.
Am I right, or am I wrong? Is it enough fun with single player to look past this? Please reply.

EDIT:
I didn't say that but if people are so horny about our game that they are ready to download a illegal program to modify the warcraft 3 engine just to get some items in a game which I have been a part of developing

TAKE THAT AS A HUGE COMPLIMENT ^^

And no, you dont need wierd programs, just either have a really damn good de-protection program or find out which part of the savecode is the username.

Sadly, a code can never be encrypted enough to stop anyone, I can just make it as hard as possible for the ones who whish to crack it.

Level 24
Cant you just make a trigger so if a player types -save the triggering player have to wait X seconds before being able to save again? That would mean that it will take more time then people would be willing to put into the game to be able to find the saving code for a Divine item.

Level 6
Cant you just make a trigger so if a player types -save the triggering player have to wait X seconds before being able to save again? That would mean that it will take more time then people would be willing to put into the game to be able to find the saving code for a Divine item.

Ofc we will limit it to 1 save per game, but damn, read the comments.
The problem is that it is too easy to just restart the game!

Sverkerman

Level 17
This 1 will be gigantic. I've already started working on it.

Normally I use 10 and rarely 20 different objects in each terrain (which is alot!)

However, in this terrain I am currently using 72 different objects to create something so exellent that it will blow every player's mind into pieces ^^

Lets say that Magic City got the size of 100, then this one will have the size of 650. So yes, I will be up about 27 hours from when this message was posted and really work my ass off to finish this gigantic masterpiece.

I am up for screen sharing if anyone wants to watch me work on it! You will learn alot about terraining I can promise you! Just add Zorenas_adrian to skype, no mic required!

Level 6
The lower part of the custom UI I've been working on is pretty much done.
Here's a preview:
interfaceap.jpg

The big half-invissible "Hagge" Is simply to prevent people from copying it and using it before the map is done. Silly, perhaps it wasn't necessary...

Constructive critisism is appreciated.

(There will be a minimap overlay, so it will actually look like its a piece of paper on a sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.