1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

-Truevision ORPG *Under Construction*-

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Sverkerman, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks alot for the support but I would be very glad if you came with any suggestion. It could be a area, a specific monster, a profession, a spell, an icon, anything! We want to make this game as perfect as a game can get so we need all suggestions possible :)

2. -Bloody Hound-

-Bloody Hound-

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is the most confusing thread and the weird orpg as well, im trying to understand smtn, its like math, i read it and i got it , but every new time that i read this thread i have new concept in head, and its diferent every time, i dont know what will this be actualy .. btw i dont want to give items :/ xD hahha

3. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    So what save/load system you plan on using? : )

4. .VTZ.

.VTZ.

Resources:
    Resources:
    yours off course xD

5. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    yeh i guess theyre using yours x) also Burke it doesnt sound like sverkerman want's testers.

6. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We do want testers, but only high ranked people on hive and friends.
    What we want for our project at the moment is:

*Someone handy with photoshop. (Hagge5 is busy with triggers and therefore it would boost up the release date greatly to have someone else doing the photoshop job!)

7. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I could also use a photoshopper for forum, if it arent what you need him for p.p

8. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seems to be abit of confusion about our concept, I will make a short commentary video introducing the game as it looks now even tho it is not even alpha.

9. Hagge5

Hagge5

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

I'll be making my own, I want to have as much control over the code as possible, and I can't have that if I import systems.
    I suck at optimizing it though, so that's kind of sad, the code will probably be about 60 letters.

If you are willing to make a savesystem for this specific map, I might consider it. It's not a normal ORPG which saves hero-type, level and 6 items, but 3 proffesion levels and EXP, 20 items, current area, and current magic spell.

About forum thingy: Id rather just have a website with info and download links, people might as well feedback on main topic, and an entire forum sounds kinda stupid...

10. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    there will be links, there is already link to this thread.... also a entire website isnt easier, and i can make the forum more simple? without alot of it, also i got told by sverker that i should create a forum for all your games, which i did.. after 12 hours and i was finished i got told i should deleted half of it, and make new display... :goblin_cry:

11. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You do know that Encoder outputs codes that are as good or better than anything you could ever make yourself right? In it, you literally have to craft a save/load code specific to your map. That's what makes it so complex and hard to use.

If crafting the code from scratch isn't power enough, I don't know what is =).

But anyways, gl with your map, looks interesting ;P.

Just making sure you are using a good save/load system since I hate long codes ;D. If it's bigger than it has to be, there is a guarantee I'm never going to play the map cuz it just annoys me ; (.

12. SanD3R

SanD3R

Resources:
    Resources:
    ohh sounds epic
    good luck sverk
    but you dont leave bow project?

13. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    he said that he will work on that aswell, since theyre two working on this, and only one can work at the time. (Forum Quote from Clanravh.palstani.com)

14. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Introduction movie with documentary compleated, just need to wait 2 days for my internet to return :/

Anyone with any ideas for our ORPG? Take the opportunity to affect it while you can :)

15. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Small idea: I always do this in my Orpg it is simple but still fun. I see a shop owner in one of your screenshots what about giving him som attachments to make him look more unique?

16. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good idea, we will concider it. Thanks for your comment :grin:

17. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No problem and good luck with your Orpg.

(Just remember what i told you on WcIII xD)

18. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That our ORPG is much better than yours? :ogre_hurrhurr:

19. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Your game is still in beta T_T if you can even say that

20. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What does that have to do with the fact that I am playing around with mr.House?