• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Truevision ORPG *Under Construction*-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i want a blue one :p but i guess ill use the red since its for supporters.

I actually made it blue before red, but I thought red looked better =)
I can make a blue one as an alternete supporter sig in 10 min if I'm bored.
(Hej!)

i really believe that this can become a Directors cut!, i have played what have been made so far, and its really unique, theres nothing in this that wc3 have seen before :3

I think my coding is way to weak for a directors cut. =)

Last edited:
Level 24
Wait for the beta mby? :D
Btw, please wait with creating items for us until we have explained all the stats.

We do not want World of Warcraft names on our items btw.

I did not think you would use these items for starters you are the map makers not me and second all these items involve warcraft lore ;)

Level 24
Have never played Guildwars so I shall not comment that but how the häll did we go from WarCraft to guild wars? And Sverker can you give us any updates on what you've been doing?

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
We never went from Warcraft to guildwars. I enjoy playing both and that is my personal opinion. However this subject is offtopic.

We just finished the Herbalism System. only got a few systems to go, then we can start building up the game itself.

The Herbalism System took hagge5 about 13 hours to create. Also, we encountered a what we thought was a major bug, however it was not and could be fixed after 3 hours of thinking (not included in the "13 hours to create")

I must tell you, it looks way better than we thought it would. We are very happy about completing one of the biggest systems in the map.

*Hagge: "This is one of the most advanced system I've ever created."
And trust me, he have created brutally advanced systems up to the very edge of limit of the World Editor.

This is what major systems we got left to create:
*Alchemism.
*Magic.
*Save.
*Hunting (spawning and looting).
*Equibment.

After these are done we will be doing minor things such as weather effects, music for each part of the map, NPC's, Quests and so on.

If you want to help us at the moment we need some ideas for how to obtain levels in magic.

This is the update for now, I am now off to create some further terraining. I will upload photos of it shortly so stay tuned and thanks for the support.

Last edited:
Level 24
Nice you should give us updates like these as often as possible and also I know that save systems are advanced but should it really be that hard for Hagge? I mean he created one in BoW, shouldnt this be mostly the same thing?

Level 6
Nice you should give us updates like these as often as possible and also I know that save systems are advanced but should it really be that hard for Hagge? I mean he created one in BoW, shouldnt this be mostly the same thing?

The BoW one was very simple, and im planning on expanding the "advanceness" of the savecode.

I will store everything in numbers and convert it to a new numeric system containing about 40 digits, having about five encryption keys as well (different codes that stores the same value), and then im gonna shuffle letters, if possible on a binary level, and finish it off with a CheckSum.

Atleast that's what I will try :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 5
The BoW one was very simple, and im planning on expanding the "advanceness" of the savecode.

I will store everything in numbers and convert it to a new numeric system containing about 40 digits, having about five encryption keys as well (different codes that stores the same value), and then im gonna shuffle letters, if possible on a binary level, and finish it off with a CheckSum.

Cheer's !

Level 12

Well if you wanna have a save system that is nearly impossible to break/cheat with I'd suggest to use: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...1-2-a-189883/?prev=search=encoder&d=list&r=20

It is the best save/load system out there, and it has a really short save code which is a big plus in my opinion. Also it got a director's cut.

Nice project, I got positive surprised when I saw the videos. The terrain and the NPC system is lovely. The only things I didn't really like was the WASD movement and the combat system. Well I think you should either just have normal mouse movement or arrow key movement, that you have to click all the times sucks imo. I find the combat system a bit boring, though it might not be finished (I don't know) but I guess that is different from person to person. Anyway keep up the good work and good luck.

Level 5

Sverkerman

Level 17
Thanks for the feedback Catch ya!

We will be using a self made saving system by Hagge5.

The WASD movement is not hard to move with at all even if you get that image from the movie.

The combat system will not be boring since there will be so much tactic involved. What I showed you in the movie was just a small preview of it.

Level 5
No mounts.
Pain in the a*s to make, highly unnecessary, would take up extra savecode space and would not work with attachments.

I agree it is hard to make.

But i like the idea that i can go faster, so i can explore more, and have you ever tryed to play World of Warcraft without mount or teleports PAIN IN THE ASS, beside that i kinda want to be cocky among others with my new epic mount, BOO YAHH @ player with no epic mount :D

Level 16
I agree it is hard to make.

But i like the idea that i can go faster, so i can explore more, and have you ever tryed to play World of Warcraft without mount or teleports PAIN IN THE ASS, beside that i kinda want to be cocky among others with my new epic mount, BOO YAHH @ player with no epic mount :D

This is not world of warcraft, either way there will be magic, teleports could be in there? also screw wow, this isnt same at all..

Level 24
Since there wount be any mounts but will there be attachments? Most people want to show that they have divine items?

Level 24
And how about my question will there be attachments?

I'm completly on the idea of lossing items, but lets say that I've farmed 43 hours straight for a divine and some random group of players attacks me and takes it without me wanting to duel, wouldn't that make me hate the game to 110%?

Sverkerman

Level 17
PvP, Negatives and Positives:

Positives:
*You can kill enemies to gain their gear.

Negatives:
*You can get killed by enemies and lose your gear.

Info:
Lowe it seems you misunderstood. You cannot get gang-banged by 4 players and brutally lose your gear.

Max 1v1 is possible in PvP, however this does not apply to PvE.

Also I mentioned that every single "Equibment" item will have a attatchment.

Level 6
And how about my question will there be attachments?

I'm completly on the idea of lossing items, but lets say that I've farmed 43 hours straight for a divine and some random group of players attacks me and takes it without me wanting to duel, wouldn't that make me hate the game to 110%?

We'll see how playtesters react towards the whole thing.
You will only lose what you farmed this game, since you can load an old save.
Perhaps we'll remove it altogether, but for now, we want to try.

Optional:
•Make it a mode
•Have a pvp stats that increases/decreases instead
•You only loot weapons you want to replace with your own weapons. Thisw way, it will be kind of stupid to replace a divine item for an extremley rare, making fight players with lower gear pointless.
Lower players will want to challange you, but it will be harder for them to win.

There is also a problem that the whole pvp thing can be utilized, since it is a way to 'copy items'. We'll see how the final product turns out.

And yes, ofc there will be attachments, otherwise first person wouldn't be nearly as cool :thumbs_up:
Oh and about teams, because of the way I made the system, one of the teams can only contain one player (pretty stupid, but that's the case)
And PvP is 1v1 ONLY.

EDIT:
Also potions and berries will be disabled during PvP combat, stats gained from equipment might be cut in half, we'll see.

Level 5
Why is it embarrassing?

Also no problem with the feedback, it really seems like you and hagge5 knows what you are doing, I'm sure this will turn out nice nomatter what, it looks like a serious project and it seems like Hagge5 is a good scripter as well. Good luck again.

Read post's before your's and you will see why it is embarrassing -.-

Level 24
Yay alchemism is done and we're just waiting for the murloc & Naga tribe then we'll see that proffesion :)

Sverkerman

Level 17
Lowe, Murloc/Naga city is already done and took me about 5 hours. It is in that city where you will be learning about the Alchemism profession.

If you people wish to help, come with spell ideas for bosses, ideas for items, ideas for areas, tips on doodads which might be usefull.

What would contribuate the most however, not just mentally for me and Hannes, would be fan art or just some thing which shows us your excitement about our project.

Anyways, this is how you create a item.
Class? (Common, rare etc. *check previous post*)

Stats? (Do not include stats since we are not done figuring out all possible stats yet. Simply tell us "This item is exellent for casters but will reduce your armor and spell resistance".

Source? (Where can I get this item?)

Icon? (Which icon will be used?)

-Done-

When thinking of ideas for bosses/boss spells you need to keep in mind what kind of fighting system we use. Mention element, damage (Percent and not value!), Area etc.

Level 16
Idear
The Greek.

The terrain will be a green based terrain, with a ancient ruined temple in a big forrest, the forrest is also covering parts of temple, which is related to the lore about the Greek.

The Greek was once a temple for praying to the gods for mercy and forgiveness. But one day a mighty dragon arrived, and put the temple in ruins. After that disaster the Greek was a forbidden place, and is still not full discovered.

The boss is the dragon called Inficius, and have a chance of 20% to appear when you enter the temple.

Spells to come

a ancient gift
Quest is accepted by: Npc ( Standing under roots of a three. #West to ruined temple# )
Quest description: I heard that there was left a gift for a ancient king in the temple of Arius, i wonder if i can get my hands on that gift?
Quest gives: Excellent Quality item.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.