1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

-Truevision ORPG *Under Construction*-

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Sverkerman, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    nothing nothing.. i just think its sad that Mr. House doesnt know its true :/ even tought its in beta :D

2. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    xD i plan to not release anything of my orpg progress yet here on the hive since i wait till i got the beta ready.

3. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    i just found out that i wrote forum T_T big mistake x) so anyways when can we see the good result?

4. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The good result of what?

5. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    of the game ofcourse.

6. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you're looking for screenshots I think you'll have to be happy with what is alredy up on this forum ;)

7. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    i am thinking when is the map released

8. -Bloody Hound-

-Bloody Hound-

Resources:
    Resources:
    OVER 60 CHARS !?!??!! NO WAY, no way i will write all that, i dont think that 60 char code will have room in chat .. well its not over, it will be exactly 60 chars for lvl 1 dude :D

9. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    BoW had 57 chars... TKOK has over 100...
    EDIT: Tkok got 92 letters with numbers, small letters and big letters mixed. Like this: 1e5jZ-dUpvK-617o5-zw4ax-Pfiwk-MEAWE-PLEgm-q1Z1N-hixnK-eDecq-MIyQD-dXe8L-aNIbe-PQoNh-ixXeq-g
    Now compared to that our code will be: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Comparisment:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (BoW)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (Truevision)
    1e5jZ-dUpvK-617o5-zw4ax-Pfiwk-MEAWE-PLEgm-q1Z1N-hixnK-eDecq-MIyQD-dXe8L-aNIbe-PQoNh-ixXeq-g (TKOK)

Cmon...

10. -Bloody Hound-

-Bloody Hound-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Encoder info:

1) Stats that saves for example this:
    hero
    x%,y%,facing%
    lvl,xp%,str,agi,int
    item x6
    itemCharge?
    life%,mana%
    abilities x4|x5?
    pet x4
    x%,y%,facing%
    life%,mana%
    lumber
    gold

2) Security:
    1 bit value changes (from demo) (a bit is the tiniest change possible, like 0 to 1)

GCq3-4nVh-qtJc-AaJe-oFdh-N4
    GTH2-JP2M-Vdc0-bU77-i6P1-rW
    FoD8-kFq1-EO1B-3WSh-mGGf-jK6
    xTEa-gBt2-4wPQ-wMuI-7jJK-V3
    YDb6-LXrR-p1Ht-DnIZ-I6Mr-zia
    Security Used in demo (prevents code tampering): 148194
    Security Size (how big it is in the code): 3 chars (Ddy) (not too big ^^)

And the size considering what it save's

min code size in demo: 21
    kM6c-ypaF-UbKi-RWbb-nOqc-Z
    average code size in demo: 60
    4YMX-sYnp-Uiij-15vg-YcVv-Y4vz-fiZb-A0Ks-3w38-jZJm-zW3B-eJ3L-jcb3-VV0P-QmwU
    max code size in demo: 63
    JZae-DdjD-dWsQ-NKgU-sZCM-JLmt-XNmW-yMsA-eoND-aPor-qn8I-c4fO-tEjq-olO9-P3fW-eec

BOO-YAAH

For this ORPG will be like lvl 1 hero 60 char and the time to break it? 1 day total, woohoo :/

11. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If that is what you expect from this ORPG I suggest removing the supporter signature.

Hagge has learned over BoW how to make good loading/saving codes.
    Encoder is not needed and I do not like the case sensitivity part of it even tho it is much safer.

Also I have a question. First you say that 60 characters is way too much to write down for a saving code. When I prove to you that 60 characters is indeed a very small numbers you directly change the subject to changing the saving system to Encoder from Hagge5's customly made one which would make it even harder to write down.

We know how to program all the core things for the ORPG, the only thing we need help with is content. Please comment more on the content of the map instead of the core systems.

12. -Bloody Hound-

-Bloody Hound-

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think my last post was meant to you to see that 60 is a max for encoder, and it save all bunch of bullshit's i am indeed supporting, just wanted to say that.

Anyway keep up with the project. *Thump up*

13. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Encoder can save more than 63 characters. 63 characters is the max for the testmap only.

14. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    removed by lowe1994ba

15. -Bloody Hound-

-Bloody Hound-

Resources:
    Resources:

what? o_O

16. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It was about lore I believe and since I accepted it he didn't want to spoil it.

17. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    if you find this usefull, feel free to use. [​IMG]

18. Marsal

Marsal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Wait, I'm searching for a word.... oh I got it! CONFIDENT

You tried to force upon me to use it with the fact that the code is short and it's the best and blah blah blah....
    So if I just save only a hero with level one I get a 21 character long code and most of the saves I get a 60 char long. Reeeeaaaallllyyyyy short.
    Don't you have better thing than messing around the map developement threads and advertising your system?

19. Hagge5

Hagge5

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How did u make the background transparent?
    Edit alpha channel?

20. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm just making sure people are using a good save/load system or are coding their own correctly so that I don't have to type a huge code if I want to play their game ; (. I never actually mentioned Encoder here =), other people did ;p.

also
    For all of that info with the catalog sizes, the code is much shorter than what you'd have in any other system. In other systems, it could be as much as double the size.

Really, if you guys want to make your own save/load system, I really implore you to use this since you can handle all of the data you want in it-
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-simple-low-level-save-load-framework-197557/

That has absolutely nothing to do with Encoder. The only thing it handles is security and registration of save/load commands. For that, you have to understand how save/load works since you are handling all of the saving and loading of the data yourself through the use of BigInt.

And at the bare minimum, I really recommend using BigInt since it can deal with very large numbers. I know that if you don't use it, you'd either have to code a library identical to BigInt from scratch, use a string calculator like in Pipe's (much worse), or do a very crappy save/load code. BigInt is just a data structure for storing very large integers, that is all.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-functions-413/system-bigint-188973/

This is an example of very simple save/load done with BigInt using 0 security (just the plain vaues). If you look, this is about the same thing you'd do if you coded it from scratch. BigInt just has things that lets you easily convert between bases and work with numbers way bigger than could ever fit into an integer =).
    Code (vJASS):

struct tester extends array
        private static method save takes nothing returns string
            local Base encryptKey = Base["0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"]
            local BigInt int = BigInt.create(encryptKey)
            local string s

//storing values of
            //501 out of a max of 1000000 (gold) (d1)
            //1938 out of a max of 1000000 (d2)
            //5821 out of a max of 28392 (super powers) (d3)
            //1 out of a max of 1 (bool) (d4)
            //0 out of a max of 1 (bool) (d5)
            //11 out of a max of 11 (player id?) (d6)
            //19 out of a max of 1000 (unit level) (d7)
            //12 out of a max of 16 (flags) (d8)

call int.add(501,0) //encode 501 (max doesn't matter, put biggest value here)

call int.multiply(1000000+1)
            call int.add(1938,0) //encode 1938

call int.multiply(28392+1)
            call int.add(5821,0) //encode 5821

call int.multiply(1+1)
            call int.add(1,0) //encode 1

call int.multiply(1+1)
            call int.add(0,0) //encode 0

call int.multiply(11+1)
            call int.add(11,0) //encode 11

call int.multiply(1000+1)
            call int.add(19,0) //encode 19

call int.multiply(16+1)
            call int.add(12,0) //encode 12

set s = int.toString()
            call int.destroy()

//display the code ^_^
            return s
        endmethod

private static method load takes string s returns nothing
            local Base encryptKey = Base["0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"]
            local string loadCode = s
            local BigInt int = BigInt.convertString(loadCode, encryptKey)

local integer d8 = int.divide(16+1) //12
            local integer d7 = int.divide(1000+1) //19
            local integer d6 = int.divide(11+1) //11
            local integer d5 = int.divide(1+1) //0
            local integer d4 = int.divide(1+1) //1
            local integer d3 = int.divide(28392+1) //5821
            local integer d2 = int.divide(1000000+1) //1938
            local integer d1 = int.toInt() //501

call int.destroy()

call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, 60, "d1: " + I2S(d1) + "==" + "501")
            call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, 60, "d2: " + I2S(d2) + "==" + "1938")
            call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, 60, "d3: " + I2S(d3) + "==" + "5821")
            call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, 60, "d4: " + I2S(d4) + "==" + "1")
            call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, 60, "d5: " + I2S(d5) + "==" + "0")
            call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, 60, "d6: " + I2S(d6) + "==" + "11")
            call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, 60, "d7: " + I2S(d7) + "==" + "19")
            call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, 60, "d8: " + I2S(d8) + "==" + "12")
        endmethod

private static method onInit takes nothing returns nothing
            local string s = save()
            call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, 60, "2G9Z2EVGV87IY\n" + s)
            call load(s)
        endmethod
    endstruct

I'm just recommending different venues for you because otherwise a lot of people go to CodeGen or Acehart's stuff, which results in these massive save/load codes that I hate to type =(. And if they code it themselves, 99 times out of 100, they store numbers by digits of the save/load code base rather than by digits of different bases.

Also keep in mind that in the load command, to remove case sensitivity, you need only add this to your load command-
    StringCase(GetEventPlayerChatString(),true)

Encoder itself does not have a save or load command (the framework does).

But remember that I'm not necessarily recommending Encoder. I've shown you 2 totally different ways to do this so that the save/load code is easier to create and of high quality.