• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Truevision ORPG *Under Construction*-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Luffy said:
and I don't like your avatar

Well your avatar is a fist with a middle finger up, right? so i find that like insult cuz maybe you are pointing that to me for some reason.I see it that way, cmon people give us the freaking map to play. And creutz i am sorry <3.

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
I'm sorry but the lore is not figured out yet and will be applied together with the rest of the content.

Just so everyone knows, right now we are working on Main Systems and Terrain. After that comes content which covers these areas:

*Items
*NPC's
*Quests
*Lore

Level 24
So will Hydralisks as nagas companions be something you'll consider or will you just shovel the idea away and let the vultures deal with it?

Sverkerman

Level 17
We're not sure about adding companions yet.

I like the idea, but I feel for Hannes who would have a nightmare making them work AND inplant them into the main systems.

I would say, companions goes for later versions since we wish to release the beta in approximately 3 weeks.

EDIT: Oh sorry readed it incorrectly, Nagas controlling Hydralisks... Hmm... This gives me a idea! Ima discuss it with Hannes later when he's back from vedication (3 days?)

Level 24
Yay, I'm the fountain of suggestions ^^

Also maybe (just an idea) what if the nagas and murlocks worshiped Hydralisks, seing them as sacred and the leader of the murloc and naga tribe was the hydralisks forefather?

(And also Sverker, why do you have do not disturb on skype all the time it's getting quite annoying sometimes. (Maybe to avoid people like me.) ^^))

Level 24
Yes I know that I still dont think it's wrong to come with suggestions because Hannes is away from his computer ;)

Sverkerman

Level 17
Thanks to you Darkgrom.

Why am I always busy on skype?

*I play runescape aswell as Warcraft 3. In runescape I do PvP most of the time and the system which they use is that if you die you lose all your gear to the one that kills you so if I get a skype call in the middle of a fight I might end up losing months of work.
*I rarely sleep at my bed.

@Lowe, we will have to see about your beloved murloc tribe. Perhaps we will do as you suggested.

@Bugz, I hate ur new avatar <.<

@Hagge5, Please come back! I miss u ;O

Level 4
holy shit, this looks amazing!!! cant wait to play, if u need some nooby tester, call me ^^

terraining is the BEST ive ever seen in whole WC3 (how da fuck u do that shit?)
the magic city is just stunning piece of pure art ^^
gameplay seems original and creative with alot of new stuff.
this certainly is one of the best games made for WC ^^

keep up the good work sverker and hagge!!
oh and can u give an estimated time till release?? xD just cant wait to try

Level 4
if you're still looking for a save system thats uncrackable, use the one of Nestharus
in custom footies (that works with his system) i made a list of codes saving numbers 1-200 in order, and its IMPOSSIBLE to see any pattern (and yes, i usually see patterns in codes).
theres allways ways to fuck up a maps protection or add cheats and stuff... no way to fully protect in wc3... as far as i seen but this system is 100% save against cracking (=

Level 16
if you're still looking for a save system thats uncrackable, use the one of Nestharus
in custom footies (that works with his system) i made a list of codes saving numbers 1-200 in order, and its IMPOSSIBLE to see any pattern (and yes, i usually see patterns in codes).
theres allways ways to fuck up a maps protection or add cheats and stuff... no way to fully protect in wc3... as far as i seen but this system is 100% save against cracking (=

Hagge is making his own

Level 4
i just told u i didnt :p even if u have all the coding, its still very hard... the script is very confusing i think he specially made the code difficult to understand lol ^^

and why make ur own?? nestharus has a perfect one ^^ generates all random crap that cant be cracked
the only thing u can save to codes anyways is integers...

Level 16
i just told u i didnt :p even if u have all the coding, its still very hard... the script is very confusing i think he specially made the code difficult to understand lol ^^

and why make ur own?? nestharus has a perfect one ^^ generates all random crap that cant be cracked
the only thing u can save to codes anyways is integers...

So people cant cheat x) and because hagge would never accept his..

Level 4
hagge is a good coder, thats not it
but he cant make better code system than nestharus... (or he would be working for 1000 hours maybe)
he wont be able to protect it in a better way, ive cracked enough systems... and i know what im talking about... this is the most secure system there is arround (=

Level 5
You can easily make a uncrackable save system, you can just give 3 different codeparts to same thing, so that it'll change, I have no doubt that Hagge can do a save system that would be hard/impossible to crack.

Level 6
I dont need to, there are only two ways.
Using an external tool or using Hotkeys.

@Bugz Sigh, _obviously_ I ask the project developer when Im posting in this thread and not any random guy. And I can(and did) block him.

Hotkeys obviously.
Supporting "holding down" causes tremendous lag.
And external device would make the game less viable.
Though I like the idea of supporting both, although I don't think It's possible, without making 2 seperate maps.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back.
Didn't make it as far as I wanted to, but made about 20 new NPC's, a system that creates loot from bosses, imported the UI, did gear looting system, improved some bugs, came up with how to make doors.

Im kind of exhausted, so I guess Sverker will be terraining for abit. I would love if he could help me with some of the more... repetetive work, later. Like adding NPC's that just contains text for instance.

Because of the wc3 culture, loot will ofcourse come in the form of huge treasure chests, now in first person :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 16
Hotkeys obviously.
Supporting "holding down" causes tremendous lag.
And external device would make the game less viable.
Though I like the idea of supporting both, although I don't think It's possible, without making 2 seperate maps.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back.
Didn't make it as far as I wanted to, but made about 20 new NPC's, a system that creates loot from bosses, imported the UI, did gear looting system, improved some bugs, came up with how to make doors.

Im kind of exhausted, so I guess Sverker will be terraining for abit. I would love if he could help me with some of the more... repetetive work, later. Like adding NPC's that just contains text for instance.

Because of the wc3 culture, loot will ofcourse come in the form of huge treasure chests, now in first person :ogre_hurrhurr:

Welcome back

Level 6
About this save/load dilemma.

Here are the reasons I would prefer to make it myself:
-I hate importing systems, since you have to read the code over and over to understand it, when it would just take as much time making your own.
-The map don't save the same thing as most other RPG's (1 hero, 6 items, gold). There will be quite abit of work to rework his.
-I don't like using other peoples system. It may sound greedy, but this is our project, I don't really want to use anything a third person has done... it does feel less like yours then.
-I think I will have more control over my own code.

Level 16
About this save/load dilemma.

Here are the reasons I would prefer to make it myself:
-I hate importing systems, since you have to read the code over and over to understand it, when it would just take as much time making your own.
-The map don't save the same thing as most other RPG's (1 hero, 6 items, gold). There will be quite abit of work to rework his.
-I don't like using other peoples system. It may sound greedy, but this is our project, I don't really want to use anything a third person has done... it does feel less like yours then.
-I think I will have more control over my own code.

1) I agree
2) I agree
3) I agree
4) I agree

Level 6
This project seems to be kinda interessting, the screenshots are not bad, but when doing screenshots, just cut off unnecessary stuff, such as the WE bars ...
Aswell you should try to use "Game View Settings" and "Cinematic Mode" before taking a screenshot, this will improve the picture's look by a mile.

However, your description has many mistakes and typos in it, you should take your time to read through it once again, your written english is a bit below average, maybe you should either consider someone else to check your spelling and grammar in the map or you do it yourself, sacrificing decent grammar and style.

Furthermore, this project already has many followers and that is exactly the reason why you should direly correct and polish the description.

Level 16
This project seems to be kinda interessting, the screenshots are not bad, but when doing screenshots, just cut off unnecessary stuff, such as the WE bars ...
Aswell you should try to use "Game View Settings" and "Cinematic Mode" before taking a screenshot, this will improve the picture's look by a mile.

However, your description has many mistakes and typos in it, you should take your time to read through it once again, your written english is a bit below average, maybe you should either consider someone else to check your spelling and grammar in the map or you do it yourself, sacrificing decent grammar and style.

Furthermore, this project already has many followers and that is exactly the reason why you should direly correct and polish the description.

Trust me.. this will be very polished

Level 24
(My comment will contain sarcasm but you should be able to understand that on your own ;), but I will tell which parts are filled with sarcasm since I dont want to offend anyone and dont mean anything harmfull with what I say.)

I'm back to ;) and fun to hear that you actully care about what I say :) And since there have been posted a few coments since I was here the last time so here you have will see my gigantic mouth open again ;)

* Sverker I know you hate danmark, because lets face it they defiled Skåne. But in these dark hour we from all over the north (the real north and not canada) must come togheter and focus our hatred against one single country of pure evil and foulness, Norway. (Lots and lots of Sarcasm)
*Hagge welcome back I and the other supporters/fans of this project has been waiting to long for you to come back ;)
*Good that you will make your own system since even thought it will take longer time untill we recive the final version it will give us a beter quality of the map. And (correct me if I'm wrong) but don't you use imported models from Hiveworkshop that arent put up by you or Sverker? (which would make a third person assist you.)
*And Bugz I cant say the possibility to be a geek in sweden witheout getting beat up by others is a bad system.
*And Hagge and Sverker I'd love to hear your opinons on my suggestion about Hydralisks and the naga & murloc religon, since you decide almost 100% of the map content leaving the fans with about 1 proyokto decision (1 proyokto is 0,000 000 000 000 000 000 000 1 procent. (And no it's not made up numbers.))

And now returning to my personal life which nobody cares about unless I should '' I'm dying, I'm dying, wait what's this it appears to be hell, there must have been some mistake.''

To get back to the subject I have just returned from England but I will soon go to stockholm and will be back in 3 days. (Everyone shines up.) So I'll be back in a few days ;) (Everyone gets depresed.)

And to be 100% clear I dont hate anything about Sweden, Norway, Danmark, Skåne, Finland or Iceland. (I know you've probebly understod that alredy but I dont want to return in 3 days seing that there's a Lowe hate group on facebook and getting angry hatemails from alot of angry people.

And yes I'm also aware that I'm the only one that laughes about these jokes but that's all that maters to me so if you think it's anoying with me posting jokes that nobody laughes to dont say it since I will keep joking untill that legendary day that will be know across the world as the day Lowe made his first funny joke. (Yes another joke :p)

Level 4
Holy Moley, looks like a real real rpg, not a map on wc3, Go go go! Full speed ahead! We're Waiting For youuu :3

Level 6
Any update ..... cant wait im sooooo .. !! excited !

Yeah sure.
Not a good one though.

After stressing with the map for two weeks, I got kind of exhausted and ran out of creativity, I also got abit hooked on Minecraft, sadly. So map hasn't really made any progress lately, and on top of it school is starting tomorrow.

We'll hope that it get released eventually, but making ANYTHING in this map takes a huge ammount of time (due to the fact that it needs to be adapted for first person).

But other than that, It's just save-system, some rework for replacing items and actual conent left...

Please don't think it will be released in like two weeks, because that wont happen. Probably not even in a month or two. We can only hope.

Anyways, I'm gonna sleep now.
Good Night, folks.

EDIT:
We should probably make a video showing off the features that were implemented during these two weeks, and an actual example of what state it is in right now (since the concept will probably not develop alot more, and It is mostly enemy, classes, enemy spells, quests and NPC's left).

Status
Not open for further replies.