• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New ORPG - Still under construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I played your deathknight to lvl 28 in your new build...and he is bloody unstoppable. 3 DOTs plus even more AOE damage from your passive talents. Once you get mana steal you practically have a constant double DOT going on. And raise dead, dear lord, thats when things get ridiculous. Talk about infinite meat shields plus infinite damage + yourself. The only guy that gave the deathknight any trouble was that rampagor king. The DK has health AND crazy spell power AND infinite summons with that zero cooldown... I have no idea why you would ever want to go pure physical damage build with him, unless you stick a huge number of single lone high hp bosses in the game.

I like the huge number of guys you stuffed into your new areas, it was hilarious (and extremely fun) mowing them down. There were numbers all over my screen haha. Also, your talent ideas are very cool. I like how you included things like the additional frost damage if you combo moves together, that is totally awesome.

Level 16
God, i would never import something huge like that o_O

Couldn't you get an alternative model?

I'm trying to find something that would suit his role and playstyle, or, a way to remove unused animations (since magos model editor only removes their names but they still stay attached to the model)

I have no idea why you would ever want to go pure physical damage build with him, unless you stick a huge number of single lone high hp bosses in the game.

At the moment, that build can crit for up to 3k with melee attacks and makes your pets do immense damage. On the other hand, in the next build DK will have variety of physical attacks that will depend of his attack damage so this build will be quite reasonable.

Level 3
I actually played this a third time with a friend and took the elementalist and storm guy all the way to the end. Feels well balanced, but the storm guy doesn't seem to have an obvious niche compared to the others. He doesn't have a lot of damage or AOE, but everytime he throws out those 3 lightning bolts he heals back up to full life. I'm not sure but maybe he needs a cleave type move? As for the sorceress, she's extremely weak but really really reallllly high damaging. The stormseeker loses out by a longshot, which might be too much. When there are many enemies on screen every one of the elementalist's moves is multiplied many times over in terms or damage. This is far far far far more damaging than the stormseeker.

If there are not as many enemies clumped together in the final game, then I suppose it may be more balanced. The stormseeker is a mix between a mage and a fighter, but doesn't feel as good as either. The combocentricness of his abilities are very cool, but I wonder if he'll lose out ultimately to the other classes that have obvious roles.

The biggest problem is that while there were obvious incentives in the skill tree to go int or strength exclusively, there was no incentive to do a mix of both. Also, why go int or str exclusively when you could of just been a barbarian or elementalist?

Yes, the deathknight is another case of identity mix up, but his moves feel very well defined. Everything does damage over time. And the summons do work with the theme.

However, the stormseeker has single target moves AND an AOE move, and an ultimate move that buffs both. He feels a little all over the place? Even in the stat department the stormseeker seems to be unfocused. His primary move is stormstrike, which is melee, so he needs strength to take some hits. However, at the same time his other moves cost a good amount of mana (especially 3 storms) and require int to damage enemies.

The good thing is that his ultimate heals him when he throws 3 storms, so in a way it covers the strength area. But at the same time he can't heal continually because 3 storms has a long cooldown.

There should probably be more incentive for the stormseeker to balance both str and int to some degree. Most of his moves only rely on one or the other. For a hero with all this mixed synergy, maybe there should be synergy incentives for leveling both int and str at the same time to make something more powerful than just leveling one stat.

Level 16
Well, you've got a point there, but, in current build (under construction) he has 3 new spells: Lightning Shield (+to armor and resistances and deals moderate damage to enemies), Thunder Clap (200% weapon damage as lightning damage to surrounding enemies and it does gain bonuses from int and spell dmg, has 1 sec cooldown) and Static Field (picks all enemies within 800 range of SS and moves them at his position, making it extremely easy for him to group them up and nuke with thunder clap or 3 storms (especially if you have the Thunderstorm talent up since it literally 1 shots pretty much anything if used in combo with static field)), so he's not really loosing much of his potential. I guess he still has mana problem, but nothing that 2-3% mana steal can't fix. As for the builds: int and strength builds are equally good now because new abilities really do mean a lot to him and I'm planning to add a new ability that will slow surrounding enemies and deal damage based on his maximum hit points so that the 3rd build will be very useful aswell (not to mention that he acutally gains a lot damage through that defensive talent that adds weapon damage and spell power based on hit points, which is glitched in the build you currently have).

On the other hand, here are some new stuff I implemented:
unlimited number of possible hero abilities per class (currently there are 6 per each and I'm about to make many many more), which include those I already mentioned and Barbarian's abilities:
Retaliation - for 5 seconds barbarian doesn't lose hit points and reflects 200% damage back to attackers (50% reflection for players)
Blood Frenzy - now an active ability
Crushing Blow - a powerful single target attack that deals 25% weapon damage + 60% of Barbarian's maximum hit points as physical damage

Death Knight:
Revive - now has a 30 seconds cooldown and rises only 3 monsters.
Blood for Blood - consumes soul of revived creep, restoring health and mana of the DK by 25% of creep's maximum hit points, thus dealing 25% of it's maximum hit points as fire damage to enemies within 400 AOE.
Blood Strike - a powerful single target attack that deals shadow damage and applies curse that reduces target's armor (stacks with Death Strike talent which will be able to trigger from this spell aswell)

That's all for now. I don't have much spare time to spend on map since I have a lot of stuff going on right now so this version will be as late as if it was made by blizz themselfves :) Anyway, thanks for the review and useful advice.

Level 3
By the way, isn't there a bit of a hero imbalance? You have 1 hero that is str based, 1 hero that is int based, 2 heroes that are int and str and 1 hero that is agil and int. Agil is only the primary focus of one hero here. So every time an agil item drops it has less use than a str or int one.

If I recall correctly, even night archer's moves use int to power them? So agil appears to have a very reduced role. I remember when leveling the night archer that leveling agility all the way didn't seem to increase my attack speed either but I could be seeing things... Back in the build I played most moves improved the nightarcher's range, however I don't know if range is important compared to attack speed considering the class cannot even see that far into the fog of war. If heroes are teaming up together range is again not that important because you'll have a tank anyways to hold some attention.

Level 16
You're right on that one, but agility also increases crit and dodge chance, as well as Hero's armor. It's very handy when it comes to defense or capping physical damage (critical chance rating can increase your physical crit chance by up to 50%, while the rest relies on agi and talents) so it will be highly wanted for pvp since every class will want more dodge (+chance to hit reduces it so you can never have too much of it) or crit (because of critical resist).
As for the night archer... increased range is only for solo game and pvp (you'll see that it'll be quite handy), but the rest of the marksmanship talents (by that I mean disengage/precision build) will mostly focus on increasing physical damage and normal attacks. I admit that currently archer may be weakest class in game, but I have a lot of work in front of me and I will balance it sooner or later

Level 11
Maps looks great, just tying it. Just don't like "Barbarian" class name as Tauren... maybe Warrior. But not important, you could maybe made torso models also visible when equipped ? Shoulders and sashes(if there are any) also.
I can send you map if i have it still, where i remodeled and made some torso,helms and shoulder items. And maybe you could post request for new models with lower size.

Level 16
Since I noticed how many people have been talking about how good themed heroes and areas I have made, I will continue to do it that way:
Currently I am focusing on making heroes have their own unique playstyles:
Death knight - keeps his DOT (damage over time) style while but with addition of few single target spells that will be really handy when it comes to PvP or bosses. Besides his damage over time, he was well known for his summoned units, but now they come with a few upgrades: abilities that let you sacrifice your summoned units (to regain health and mana and deal massive damage to surrounding enemies), make them stronger or even merge your souls to become death itself

Barbarian - with new spells he will be able to use his hit points as his weapon (with abilities that deal percentage of his total or current hit points as damage), or use strength of enemies against them (defensive skills such as revenge, deflection and retaliation)

Elementalist - uses massive damage to keep enemies at long range, freeze them or even push them back with variety of new spells. In addition, I have added a few new spells that will help her fight stronger monsters or bosses with ease.

Night Archer - attacks enemies from long distances and uses evasion techniques to keep them at bay. New spells will allow him to easily kill single enemy, slow/stun/freeze enemies while approaching or push them back.

Storm Seeker - close combat caster that will be able to deal huge amounts of damage in short period of time. From next version he will be remaked:
1st build will mostly benefit from strength (converts hp to weapon damage and spell power, focuses on melee strikes etc),
2nd build will mostly benefit from intelligence (high amount of spell damage and spell critical strike chance as well as lots of new lightning spells)
3rd build will benefit from agility and will be sort of a stealth hero (having wind walk, variety of talents that will increase dodge chance, critical strike chance and weapon damage based on agility as well as spells that will be disables dealing damage based on agility (which will still make them useful even if you're not going for this build)).

So this version will bring many changes but it wouldn't be done anytime soon. Comments and suggestions are welcome

Level 2
I have played over 200 rpg maps,this is one of the best.I hope you make more zones with higher lvl monsters and some hard dungeons.

Level 3
Keep up the great work Serbian, I've still yet to play an RPG this great. Take your time, in my opinion you don't even need to release builds.

Level 2
Holy shit! This map is so good to just being an alpha version. I played the Night archer and lover her. U really know how to make maps since i played Tribe Wars
and loved it (dunno why people dont like it, its just a bit too long maybe). Never seen the talent or ability system in any map, i didnt believe it was even possible lol. Anyways, thanks for the work :)

Oh, one thing, i've noticed there is no healing class, is it going to stay like this? Another question, it was very easy to lvl since the pots/healing stones from the floor u could just spam spells. Are u planning on changin this?

Thanks mate!

Level 11
Would be great that you lock this topic and post link of map topic(where you can download it) coz like that, there are 2 topic being descussed at same time and diffrent place.

This should be beta ? Isnt alpha only 1st release ? A prototype.

Level 3
Last night I have a Barbarian, a Night Archer and a Elementalist. First, the Elementalist lost the 4th ability slot ( it was taken by no ability? I don't even know what the hell he did ) Then at the zombie area, the Night Archer opened the Talent Board, causing the Bar's camera to zoom really close to the Barbarian, and the Night Archer lost control ( every command icons disappeared ). The Barbarian got out by trying to move his camera, but the Night Archer couldn't. I forgot to save a replay.

Edit: At the above game, when there are only Barbarian and Elementalist facing the final boss, suddenly we lost all our abilities effectiveness. For example, Ele's P Damage reduced to 0, both's spell penetration reduced to ~ -150, Ele's spell damage on a zombie reduced to ~100.ect.

About Death Knight, here I have attached a replay. In this replay you will notice that at a later part of the game, the DK's intelligence starts changing repeatly. I did notice the changing mana pool.

Attachments

• Death Knight - Growling Winds.w3g
    382.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 27
Played it until level 18 now, didn't know how to beat the rampagor king (or whatever he is called) and well it's late as you can see from the time of my post.

Anyways it occurs to me your style is hack and slash (Also has been in Tribe Wars) and that this is kind off the same gameplay from the Bonus Campaign from Warcraft 3 TFT.

Are you going to add quests? More merchants? Interesting stuff or anything, because what it is now it's just a map with nice terrain, great systems and hack and slash fun but that doesn't really last long i think. Also the heroes seem quite overpowered and you try to compensate that with a very large number of enemies... i mean, the lizard place is seriously crowded! and then those undead slaves! =/

So any of this will in implented or will this be all there it too?

You know i only ask this because for quests, you need quest areas. And if youre making them at the end you will get narrow spaces and things put into areas that are already a little too small then intended too. Have you thought that true?

Level 16
Yes, there will be quests, but, it'll be more like large, long lasting quests, rather than wow-like million of small ones. There will be side quests ofc, but they'll mostly be related to random spawns/things around map so don't worry, it wouldn't end up being pumped up War Chasers :) It's just that I want to make zones/creeps first (making up story as I do it) so I could make save/load system as well as spells and talents so I wouldn't have to go back to it again. It's still pure hack and slash and people still like it. I can only imagine what are they going to say when they see the finished version.

Level 3
Now that's a lot of weird happenings :S
I never had any similar problems (and I did play it quite a few times with my friends). I'll look into it.

I think I found it:
The replay data is from different version of Warcraft III.

You might want to update it :S It might cause bugs and stuff like that

I did use 1.21b, but actually the things does also happen in game, not only in replay. Just forget to switch it into 1.22.

All of the bug I reported in the previous post happened in game. I can guarantee you, but it's just "how dumb I am not to save a replay!" :grin:

Level 16
I need a suggestion: Should I replace storm seeker with a ranged spell oriented class (but unlike night archer or elementalist his spells will benefit from attack damage, attack speed and other physical upgrades as much as from spell bonuses), or should I keep it as it is, since the map size limits me from simply adding it to the map as it is.

Level 3
I dunno, I would probably replace elementalist rofl. She's the least unique although her damage is absolutely insane. It's a close race though. Wish you could just add a new class and somehow reduce the sizes. That's my opinion anyways. Hope you don't get rid of the 3 storms and those cool wolves...I wouldn't miss storm seeker tooo much. Only his lightning bolt seems to combo with his first move at this moment. Stormbolt definitely doesn't, not too sure about 3 storms...

Btw, I played your Barbarian again and remembered why he is so awesome. I think he's the most fun at this moment cause your revenge skill makes using him like a little minigame (not to mention charge is a fun skill because you fly across the map). You have to actively press the button when the time is right. You should have more nifty skills like that.

Level 1
I only joined this forum to say how good your rpg already looks in the alpha.
I have to say that i really like the Storm Seeker, if you replace him plz keep the skills similar cause he is so much fun to play with. Most skills require the Storm Seeker to stand near your enemies anyway so ranged wouldn't be to usefull. Keep up the good work!!

regards, Drakus

Level 16
Next version changes so far:
-changed how spell penetration works: instead of reducing the resistance to all schools by it's total amount it will now reduce it by a percent (1 penetration reduces by 1% and 100 penetration by 100%, which is maximum).
-added a new area
-fixed bug with death knight's blood strike dot
-fixed bug with mobs having resistances increased more than expected
-chance to get a rare item increases with creep's level
-reduced how strength and agility affect physical damage (reduced from 1% per point to 0.1% per point) and how intelligence affects spell damage (reduced from 1% per point to 0.1% per point) so that the PvP aspect of the game (yet to come) will be possible. On the other hand, health of mobs around the map has been reduced progressively (no change at the start of the game, 3x times less hp for the end game mobs). Since the HP of heroes will remain the same, I have also modified spells and effects that benefit from hero's maximum HP (such as item procs, Crushing Blow, Seismic Wave etc).

More to come until the version hits public

Last edited:
Level 3
I've tried the new version and I played Night Archer.
you write Starfall cooldown is 5 sec but I think it is only 1 sec cooldown
check the searing arrow talent (that give fire attack). When I right click it, the explanation shaked.
when I use elune's arrow to the last boss (abomination), sometimes the boss freezed
you have to give more description for skill menu.
And the last one, what is HL? starfall damage based on HL but I don't know what it is.
Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand

Level 15
First and foremost, VERY good RPG. It brings me back to a time when I used to love grinding in RPGs. It ALSO brings me back to when I used to play WoW, with it's similarly-styled skills and WoW models etc. I had some good times on WoW, and this map brought them back to me.

There were some issues, however. When I was in the abilities menu as a Barbarian, it wouldn't show which ability did what, making it difficult for me to decide which skill to equip/unequip/etc. One time I used Heroic Rush in the final section of the Mines area (the one with the Mountain King), I appeared at the bottom left corner of the map. It was no issue, however, since the Barbarian can glitch to different areas using the same ability (Heroic Strike), since you can target enemies that are seperated from you by boundries.

I'm stuck at the last boss as a level 31 Tauren Barbarian (Warrior, I should say from his talents/abilities). With all my awesome armor, weapons, and trinkets, I STILL can't get past the Slave master. I think I did good, however, since I basically soloed the whole game except for the last boss. He killed me twice!

Edit: Plus rep for reminding me of my WoW days.

Level 16
And the last one, what is HL? starfall damage based on HL but I don't know what it is.

It refers to hero level. Meaning that every skill gets stronger as you level up.

As for the I)eadnerzhul's post, well, the spell system still doesn't show you any info about the skill until you take it to your interface.
I'm still trying to fix that heroic rush bug, it drives me crazy...
As for the last boss... yes he can get nasty if you're playing solo. Anyway, new version is under way, and this however is and alpha and I'm still fixing stuff.

Level 2
Last boss is quite easy.I killed with a friend and we were elementalist and archer.I wonder why last boss has no loot.......So much time for nothing...
I played elementalist and i can say he is OP(i had some nice crits like 45k)
and its maybe the only class that can solo last boss.This rpg is great and i wonder if there will be some mob respawn ?

Level 16
Next version changes so far:
-changed how spell penetration works: instead of reducing the resistance to all schools by it's total amount it will now reduce it by a percent (1 penetration reduces by 1% and 100 penetration by 100%, which is maximum).
-added a new area
-fixed bug with death knight's blood strike dot
-fixed bug with mobs having resistances increased more than expected
-chance to get a rare item increases with creep's level
-reduced how strength and agility affect physical damage (reduced from 1% per point to 0.1% per point) and how intelligence affects spell damage (reduced from 1% per point to 0.1% per point) so that the PvP aspect of the game (yet to come) will be possible. On the other hand, health of mobs around the map has been reduced progressively (no change at the start of the game, 3x times less hp for the end game mobs). Since the HP of heroes will remain the same, I have also modified spells and effects that benefit from hero's maximum HP (such as item procs, Crushing Blow, Seismic Wave etc).

More to come until the version hits public

In newer versions there will be more areas to clear, abomination boss will have loot and no, in this map there will be no respawn system (but other maps from this series might have it)

Level 4
Potential levels over 9000! What it lacks is a different inventory system (we're all sick from the standard) and a story but hey! Scratch the last part if you want.

Another point of interest is the skills and talents. Dude, it's awesome. A tad hard to understand but awesome. Maybe make a hold-by-hand tutorial or something. Other than that, it's epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.