• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Cool new entries.
Unfortunately, judging by Urshan's bio, he probably won't stick for very long. Or maybe he will, but serving another master. ;)

Korras Retka:
influencial -> influential

Salomar:
neccessary -> necessary

Prince Toraes:
refering -> referring
Look at Renova bio and noticed 'daughter ... daughter'. Wut?
Fixed! :)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Some would be skeptical, of course, but they'd trust Amari to know what she is doing.
It's not like Brian is "just another human", it would also depend on how much they'd know of him.
They all trust Amari and made her their eternal leader because of this.

Speaking of Brian, something for all of you people:
All of you, think about the Four and where the four Redfist siblings are right now. And whom they are affiliated with now.
Just think a bit about it and tell me what you realize. ;)

Level 34
All of you, think about the Four and where the four Redfist siblings are right now. And whom they are affiliated with now.

Hehe, never looked into that but now that you mention it, Aedale ( The Dark One) Cora (Aridon), Orie ( Demon God ), Vanessa (indirectly Brian)

Level 6

Hehe, never looked into that but now that you mention it, Aedale ( The Dark One) Cora (Aridon), Orie ( Demon God ), Vanessa (indirectly Brian)
but still indirectcly

Level 34
It seems the year 20 Z.R. marks the beggining of some major events.
Gardon is finally making some moves, and things seem to go his way , for now.
Merlon was a funny guy and really glad he is shown some love, he deserves to me remembered.About Zora can't say to much, she seems to be a skilled and clever leader and probably being raised on the sea like Merlon made her gain enough experience for Gardon to show her so much interest.
Gardon kinda got a little soft or at the very least more sensitive in special occasions.

Overall another pleasant story of Arkain !

I also wanted to ask , Shar any plans in the future on releasing some 'age' for our main characters?

Level 10
Welp, that was something indeed... And interesting to get glimpses at Gardon the man rather than the Ca'Laer, and his plans for the future... I'd guess you could call him a loyal friend too. Iplicaitons of use of these amulets and rings aside. Wonder how much of it stemmed from a probably not enthusiastic Imperial court about that bastard of their Emperor.

And as a PS, I'll admit that discreet mention of him makes me pity Theodor too. I mean, I dunno how good of a ruler he was before, but good enough to let his uncle and half-brother do stuff and lead armies, when I'm sure several parts of his court would have been nervous about trusting relatives, especially illegitimate brothers, with armies and urging him to dispose of them long before the start of the books. Makes me think of what is probably left of him now, and not liking the probable answer.

Level 22
Good to see Gardon as something more than his usual self. And good to see Zora not denying him again. She may have sacrificed a big part of her freedom in the long run, but she had no other choice this time.
Based on what was said, I'm guessing Gardon made peace with the Dominion about the contested areas? If so, how did it turn out?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I also wanted to ask , Shar any plans in the future on releasing some 'age' for our main characters?
It is somewhere on my legendary to-do-list but I do not really give it a high priority, to be honest. I have some rough ideas in my head but never really got too much into it.
Based on what was said, I'm guessing Gardon made peace with the Dominion about the contested areas? If so, how did it turn out?
Pretty much like it did in the Second Orc Book, only AFTER the war instead.

Level 3
Sorry for ask but i got some questions:

What happend to Aedale Redfist, after she killed her own father?, you can see her now fully possesed by the demon Lisara

What happend to Salana Woodhunter after the undead takes her?

The REAL enemy its stil in the shadows? or WHO is the REAL enemy? Did Lisara serves this "enemy"?

The father of the son of the Queen Larine its Gardon right?

Wish to have somekind of "list" that mention all the choices options, the canonicals ones, the non-canonicals, what impact can have in diferent ways?

Level 9
What makes the AI of the enemy come online in the secret chapter? When my 2 allies are attacking on either side of me, there's no hero or units that spawn to defend themselves (themselves being the Dominion)

Level 20
I think that comes from the auto-close for 3 months old threads. Anyway, any estimates for a BETA for the last book?

I also tried playing the book, but still having hellish time with even Normal difficulty :p

Now...Imagine if he made workers take up production space...That would be true hell.
The only good time you have in arkain is when you find a way to cheese the map...Thats totally the best feeling ever...Then you find out Shar patched it on the last update :| and you know you are in for a rougher time the next time you feel like re-playing the books again.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I think that comes from the auto-close for 3 months old threads. Anyway, any estimates for a BETA for the last book?
I will be honest with you, the Second Undead Book has done nothing but annoy me so far.
I had to delete several maps due to enormous unfixable bugs & design flaws and even the
few that remain are not in the best state (as in, bugs, gameplay issues, etc) which is one of
the reasons why I have put WC3 modding temporarily on hold.
During its prodution, the game also suddenly ceased to function for a period of time (I have been
able to fix that one pretty fast however).
Right now, the Second Undead Book is REALLY not my favorite campaign to work on.
Therefore, I am currently unable to give you any estimates, I am afraid.
Now...Imagine if he made workers take up production space...That would be true hell.
:peasant-thinking:

Level 20
For the sake of Arkain dont do that...We dont need workers asking for better conditions while we are getting ganked by hordes of demons...In 3 diffrent sides.

Level 29
I will be honest with you, the Second Undead Book has done nothing but annoy me so far.
I had to delete several maps due to enormous unfixable bugs & design flaws and even the
few that remain are not in the best state (as in, bugs, gameplay issues, etc) which is one of
the reasons why I have put WC3 modding temporarily on hold.

:O
NOOOOOO!!!

Right now, the Second Undead Book is REALLY not my favorite campaign to work on.

Damn, and I have been waiting so long for it...

Level 20
But the proletariat has rights!
They want rights,they wanna feel like equals?

Sure...SEND em to the front lines i am pretty sure that Doom Guard will give him the rights he needs.

NOOOOOO!!!

Nothing to worry about Arkain has endured for such a long time...This are minor setbacks...You just wait till Shar gets his motivation back up...Once upon a time he was pumping a new update each week...He's a machine...

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I wish I'd be done with it by now as well, trust me. X)
Sure...SEND em to the front lines i am pretty sure that Doom Guard will give him the rights he needs.
I mean, you COULD currently send mass peasants/peons/acolytes against everything but...
Well, you can see yourself how effective that is in the wonderful world of Arkain. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Nothing to worry about Arkain has endured for such a long time...This are minor setbacks...You just wait till Shar gets his motivation back up...Once upon a time he was pumping a new update each week...He's a machine...
Currently on standby.

Level 20
I mean, you COULD currently send mass peasants/peons/acolytes against everything but...
Well, you can see yourself how effective that is in the wonderful world of Arkain. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I know you'd love to see the death toll of keyboards and mouses to rise but due to outbreak i am lacking funds and space to set up my supply routs so i'd rather not try this new method of playing Arkain...Sure would love to make a YT series named "Can i beat LoA with only peasants/peons/acolytes.

Level 20
Jokes aside,just dont touch the Drake limit count ;-; ...You can cheese so many bases with them in the orc book!

But then again...Going mass Drakes(to me at least) seems like the least painful way to deal with the massive AI hords Shar throws at us...Its a tad bit slow but then again.

Level 20
Dragons i meant...The big red dudes :p not the medium red dudes...Medium red dudes are paper and hit like a wet noodle.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26

NOOOOOO!!!

CTDs and the like, most of which cannot be recreated by me and yes I have been testing for the undead book but I have kept it quiet. The original version of chapter one is great unfortunately it causes crashes for everyone but me for some odd reason. A horrible case of "it works on my machine" in effect.

Even with all the overtime I've been stuck with for months I've done my best to help Shar whenever I can.

Level 20
@Kasrkin

Good thing to see you back in charge as a beta tester,at least i know difficulty wise the book is going to be a challenge.

If history has taught us anything...Shar...Always manages to come back.Fingers crossed he does it again!

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Dont you worry people, Shar has run into common modder issues with his ambitions exceeding the capabilities of the tools. In the end he shall prevail :p

Level 29
I voted for 'The True Story'.

If the SUB is such an hassle, then there is no point in continuing it, at least for now. Doing a custom campaign should be fun to do, so, if it is'nt, then I see no point in keep doing it.