• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 10
What he said. I was ready to bet SOB would be finished before the end of April on Jayborino's Discord... Guess I was off by one month (Yeah, I know 'only' Final Demo, but still...).

I d take to be so productive, Shar, but I know I'd need at least one dose or two of that.

Level 9
I'm curious to know who Commander Varan, I think his name was, is. Like, why wasn't it just Birram or Theoden?

Also, is there any way to choose between Sasrogarn and Amari, or is Amari always going to be Warchief?

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Birram was on his way back to Gardon after not having been able to convince Zarin to join Gardon and Theoden is not really part of Gardon's Inner circle (Thanok was not there because he was making preparations and yelling at soldiers). Varan can be considered Merlon's replacement.
If you want to know more about him, he appears in the short stories Cold War, Espionage, and Heirs of Zyainor (The Archer & Grave Wardens) in Tales of Arkain. All of these take place long after the Second Books though, but Cold War and Grave Wardens have a short paragraph about his background too.

Having a choice there was a consideration once but let's face it, Sasrogarn does not deserve that. ;)

Last edited:
Level 6
Well just done playing it and well it was a brutal one that's for sure

Ummm i gotta say it you only got one chance of either which place do you want to destroy tho :<

and i didn't expect pecha fate tho.

I expect the epilouge that logan live hehe :)
i couldn't let logan die alongside that would be no honor for my part.

p.s i didn't think the golden guard engineer would foreshadow pecha fate.

Level 22
The Tribal Dominion have definitely solidified themselves as a force to be reckoned with, accomplishing what even the humans could never do. Sure, you can say that their numbers weren't as depleted as the humans, but crushing an entire invasion, without using the Purificator, or using it once (depending on your choice) is still impressive nonetheless.

Level 9
I noticed in Chapter 14's score screen that the Iron fist were a team. Were they supposed to show up?

Also, I'm assuming there's some way to get Salomar on the map? Is that what that destroyed neutral base would've been?

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Well this was awkward. Take the cannon from the humans, do not use it so pechan survives and then celebrate the victory. Yaaaaaaaaay.
Also, I tried very hard to help Logan survive. So he can die in the epilogue of course.
Epilogue waiting room I guess.

Level 10
Don't think so, from the way Chapter 14 intro goes, I'd say that beyond that one point used for the couunter of these two critical moments in the SOB, if you spared Salomar your reward is not dealing with embittered and revenge-happy survivors from his paladins alongside the Golden Guard. Sounds like a fine reward to me, because Holy Ducking Ghost, the Legendary Map is in no way out of shape in Second Orc Book

Level 5
Orcs in Dominion had powerfull allies Like Ogre legions Dark trolls Goblins and u still say then needed more allies???
They were just under your control so it would be harder if u ask me about it.

Level 22
The epilogue was interesting.
Glad to see that keeping Logan alive was worth it.
Amari got the title she deserved.
Ornassion had a bit more free will than I expected. Criticizing Aridon was the last thing I expected him to do.
Brian ( but also not him) sort of redeemed himself. It's good to see that he actually cares about the continent. Shaming Aridon was also a nice bonus.
I can definitely say that I liked this epilogue a lot more than the SHB's one. The only issue I have with it is that we didn't see what happened with Ebira/Orie and Lisara/Aedale.

Level 16
It was quite surprising to have an undead epilogue lol.
Also, why it is Ornasion and not another, like Rahandir. I suppose they have some sort of special destiny in the undead book.

It is sad that the MASTER OF THE SHADOWS is named "Brian" x).

Level 29
I just finished the campaign. I loved it.

Amari, Empress of the Dominion. While it sounds neat, the title seems a little bit too 'human' if you ask me.

Both Ornassion and Brian are right. The main reason Aridon wants the orcs gone is because they are out of his control. He is a control freak that must have the possibility to control everything and everyone.

So Aridon killed the Demon God on purpose in order to weaken all the surviving members of the Four?

Let me guess. It was Ebira and Orie that infiltrated the temple in the Gnoll Island, right? Probably to gain enough power to face Aedale and Lisara. A pity we didn't see the battle between the Redfist sisters and their demonic partners. It would have been quite a sight to behold.

Whatever happened to the so-called Pirate Queen? Was she killed or fled like any typical bandit?

I hope Aedale burned Zelech and his men alive, thus giving a karmic end to the Redfist army. If I was Amari, I would create a throne out of the skulls of all Redfists slain, so that at least parts of them could actually be useful to something :D

Level 3
I don't understand how people can sympathize with the orcs . They are foreign invaders that pillage kill and conquer . They don't care if the demons wins as long as they are killing human , they spend thier time burning down villages and when they receive a taste of their medicine they act like victims . Humans and undead are far better still amazing campaign 10/10 .

Level 9
I took a look at the triggers for the Human reinforcements in Chapter 14, and it looks like you can get either Blen and Kasrkin if you kept him alive, or Varan and the Ironfist. But is there anyway Varan doesn't show up? When I played it in the demo, I had no reinforcements. I saved and loaded throughout the campaign to make different choices and it got a little screwed up, so I only had a save where I killed Blen and Logan, so only Gardon and Varan showed up in the interlude. (In the full playthrough though, I kept Blen alive and got him as an ally). Do you have to have Logan alive in order to get the Ironfist allies?

Also looked at the triggers for the epilogue. Who are the cyclops and how can I recruit them? I thought the only way for Vanessa to betray you was by unlocking the Secret Chapter? Is there any way to get her to betray you without having to get the 6 or more negativity points needed to get the secret chapter? Also, there's a trigger for the Gardon alliance, is there a way to not have him allied with you?

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Just finished the campaign.
Wow, just wow. The quality has skyrocketed to new heights. The epilogue was much sweeter (yeah, I couldnt find a better word :D) than SHB, but the Aridon/Brian part was probably the thing we've all been waiting for. I hope the undead book sheds even more light on their relationship, because by the looks of it Brian is gathering forces to fight Aridon himself. Or maybe the Demons. Or the reason Demons are so keen on taking Arkain. Or the Dark One. So many possible enemies, so little time.

Special props to Kasrkin, the man and the meme. The macro intensive missions have become much smoother.

Level 29
Just finished the campaign.
I hope the undead book sheds even more light on their relationship, because by the looks of it Brian is gathering forces to fight Aridon himself. Or maybe the Demons. Or the reason Demons are so keen on taking Arkain. Or the Dark One. So many possible enemies, so little time.

I think Brian has no interest in attacking Aridon, because Aridon has been doing a somewhat good job in protecting Arkain from threats such as the Demons and the Forgotten Ones. Arkain would pretty much fall into chaos if its Guardian were to die.

The Demons, while still a threat, are no longer a truly major threat. The Bloodrinker Legion is pretty much gone, the Souleater Legion has lost much of his power, the Mindslayer Legion doesn't have the power the first two had and the leader of the Darkblade Legion doesn't seem to have much interest in the invasion.

To me, Brian wants both the Kingdoms and the Dominion to be prepared for the day when the Dark Ones sends the full might of the Empire against Arkain. After all, the Dark One is one of the Four, he clearly wants revenge over both Aridon and Brian, and he has both Largoth, Lisara and Aedale on his side.

Level 10
After getting burnt by this several times, I have to ask... Is the fact that the Barraks of both Undead and Imperials (precisely Dark Elves and Wolf Regiment) are able to create two units at a time during Chapter 12?

Level 5
I belive we now have 3 of The Four = Dark One a.k.a Emperor, Master Of Shadows = a.k.a Brian, And Avatar of Death = a.k.a Aridon the Watcher
Thats my guess xD it would be great if i am in correct

Level 29
I belive we now have 3 of The Four = Dark One a.k.a Emperor, Master Of Shadows = a.k.a Brian, And Avatar of Death = a.k.a Aridon the Watcher
Thats my guess xD it would be great if i am in correct

You are correct, yes. Though in truth the actual Emperor is Largoth. The Dark One is the 'man behind the man'.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Sometimes I wish you made video records of your betatesting adventures.
It wouldn't be that interesting, I have to beat the missions as fast as possible with the limited amount of time I have this usually frustrates Shar when I beat a ridiculous mission in like 30-40 minutes. Making sure everything works isn't fun to watch, also need to determine what would actually be fun for you guys which ends up being a nerf for normal difficulty or some such and putting the previous normal onto the hard difficulty.

But as for testing adventures, Last Stand of the Golden Guard used to be a lot harder with four other Marin esque heroes.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

It wouldn't be that interesting, I have to beat the missions as fast as possible with the limited amount of time I have this usually frustrates Shar when I beat a ridiculous mission in like 30-40 minutes. Making sure everything works isn't fun to watch, also need to determine what would actually be fun for you guys which ends up being a nerf for normal difficulty or some such and putting the previous normal onto the hard difficulty.

But as for testing adventures, Last Stand of the Golden Guard used to be a lot harder with four other Marin esque heroes.
I mean, you're not wrong per se, but in my opinion seeing you beat something impossible under 30 minutes, so scrubs like us can handle, sounds kinda cool. Besides Arkain is considered a pretty difficult campaign, so its testing must be very thoughtful.

Then again I dont mean to be intrusive, but it would be really interesting to see some "behind the scenes".

Level 6
shar, does those 3 liches at the start of Adrion cutscene will play any role in SUB ?
cus i remember looking at them in editor once
also who are they anyway?

Level 34
shar, does those 3 liches at the start of Adrion cutscene will play any role in SUB ?
cus i remember looking at them in editor once
also who are they anyway?

I also remember them appear in one cutscene in the Second Human Book, I believe the chapter where you defend the Purifier, they are called First Second and Third Eye, probably some kind of Trinity of Aridon ??? ,they are the same essence but different spirits.

Level 29
Read the new Character sheets

Damn Queen Keera was both a mother hawk and an abusive one up to eleven. Though this still doesn't justify Renova's behavior.

A pity Scarlett Retka died :(

Let me guess. Urshan is just like Lord Margazar, right?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Damn Queen Keera was both a mother hawk and an abusive one up to eleven. Though this still doesn't justify Renova's behavior.
Well, I can tell you that Keera is aware of the mistakes that she made by now.
Let me guess. Urshan is just like Lord Margazar, right?
Nope. He is also not an undead in disguise. ;)

Level 22
Cool new entries.
Unfortunately, judging by Urshan's bio, he probably won't stick for very long. Or maybe he will, but serving another master. ;)

Korras Retka:
influencial -> influential

Salomar:
neccessary -> necessary

Prince Toraes:
refering -> referring