• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 - New Content Patch

Hello there.

This project represents my vision for the update Warcraft 3 deserves.
Additional quality content, not Reforging.

At this time, I present to your attention two of the three new races, which were created with special love for detail,
visual effects and adherence to the canons of Warcraft 3 lore. In the future I plan additional items, neutral buildings,
creeps and Campaign, but only if the project will find support of players.

You can also use my Wiki to get acquainted with
Nerubian race. Just click on icons to get some info about unit or structure.

Please, do not export any resources from the map, that was not
uploaded to the Hiveworkshop.

Thank you for attention.
Maps avaliable:
  1. Ruins of Azshara
  2. Autumn Leaves
  3. Amazonia
  4. Concealed Hill
  5. Last Refuge
  6. Northren Isles
  7. Echo Isles
  8. Springtime
  9. Hammerfall
  10. Tidehunters
  11. Shallow Grave
  12. Turtle Rock
  13. Twisted Meadows
  14. Frozen Marshlands
  15. Northshire
  16. Sanctuary

NERUBIAN RACE

UNITS

HEROES

BUILDINGS

SPECIAL

NAGA RACE

JH8j1Tb.png

Patch 1.0
  • Royal Guards of Nerubian Queen are not longer 'Undead'.
  • Spawning Lair now have new utility ability - Select all native Nerubian eggs that are not hatching right now.
  • Some Nerubian Traps where rebalanced.
  • Nerubian Eggs armor type changed from Fortified 5 to Unarmored 5 to make it fragile.
Patch 1.1
  • Some typos fixed.
  • Possession and Charm bug was fixed.
  • Nerubian Traps icons removed from structures to make it more clean and stop icons from jumping around.
Patch 1.2
  • Almost all hero abilities rebalanced: mana, cooldown, possible targets.
  • Bug fixes.
  • New map pool.
Patch 1.3
  • Changes to tech tree. Architects removed.
  • Bug fixes.
Patch 1.4
  • Nerubian Queen now can heal herself with Healing Swarm.
  • Nerubian Egg max health reduced by 50.
  • Maps updated to the latest melee patch.
  • Turtle Rock now avaliable for playing!
Patch 1.5
  • Bug and balance fixes.
  • Huge map pool update.
Patch 1.6
  • Bug and balance fixes.
  • New race added - Naga.
Patch 2.0
  • Removed 5 seconds to research of Spider Nest.
  • 25 lumber cost of Feast-Swarmers ability reworked (removed repair disabling part, spiders spawn only if you attack ground or units).
  • Fire trap dmg increased.
  • Gatekeeper +1 base armor and new spell.
  • Ambushers Patient Hunter buff emprowed and now you can track the hiding duration.
  • Nerub tunnel - availbe without forge, but transfer ability are avaible at T2.
  • Nerubian Prophet 1 and 2 spell duration nerfed vs Heroes. Strings of Fate spread 18% not 20%.
  • Librarian 1 and 2 spells reworked.
  • Nerubian Flyer armor returned to Unarmored yet again.
  • Swarmer attack range reduced.
  • Webspinner attack range increased, damage reduced. Entomb Corpse now autocast by default.
  • Arachnids damage increased, HP increased.
  • Spider Lord food cost reduced to 7.
  • Brood Guardian HP increased.
  • Brood Guardian ability replaced with new one.
  • Reaver base damage increased.
  • Queen Scepter can be used directly on BroodGuardian with egg.
  • Abduct ability now allow to sacrifice abducted workers to Face the Void ability.
  • Face the Void ability reworked - now it is more efficient to low cost structures and less to expensive one.
  • Merciless One second ability reworked.
  • Merciless One aura a little bit nerfed.
  • A lot of bug fixes.
  • A lot of quality of life updates.
  • AI for computer fixed.
  • New secret item.
Patch 2.2
  • Toxic Slime now triggers only on enemies.
  • Nerubian Tunnels now repairable.
  • Turtle Caravan now can carry up to 4 items.
  • Spider Lord food cost doesn't change based on it burrowed state.
  • Fixed the bug when Naga Overseer icon multiply if there where not enought gold\lumber\food or when building is affected by Freezing Breath.
  • Naga Commander's Victory Blow damage increased from 20 to 30.
  • Naga Commander's Pillar of Conquest stun duration increased from 4 to 3\5\7 seconds (1.5\2.5\3.5 for Heroes).
  • Arachnathid's Poison Stinger ability reworked: now it is autocasted ability and damage is dealt over time.
  • Gatekeeper now is able to move while burrowed.
  • Gatekeeper aura reworked completely.
  • Prophet of Unseen's Strings of Fate damage reduced from 18% to 15%.
  • Vizier's Strong Dispel nerfed and moved to T2 while Enlightenment became T3.
  • Vizier's Insight also cause unit to never miss on attack.
  • Some typos are fixed.
  • Nerubian Eggs now hatch by one when multiselected.
  • New item: Wishbone
  • New Naga item: Staff of Exile

Special thanks to @Bawbz for the opportunity to provide you whole ladder map pool.
Special thanks to @Bleeq for custom burrow animations for Nerubians.
Special thanks to @KroLu and his community for the interest to the project and testing.
Special thanks to @Opheliax for detailed bug-reporting.

Arcane Missile by Weep
Bondage by Vinz
BreathOfFireDamage by JetFangInferno
BTNSniper by -Grendel
CrushingWaveDamage by JetFangInferno
Fatal Wound by cotd333
Giant Spider Pack by HerrDave
GuardianAura by EnetheruAnuon
Heal by Vinz
Holy Light by Vinz
Mini Comet by 00110000
Nerubian Arbalest by -Grendel
Nerubian Behemoth by -Grendel
Nerubian Elder by -Grendel b
Nerubian Flying Bombarder by Burning_Dragoon5 by Burning_Dragoon5
PeeKay's LawOfBloodScroll Cast by 8512590215848
Shield Buff Pack by HerrDave
Sniper by -Grendel
Spell Markers by Vinz
Spore Cloud by doom_sheep
Tomb of Relics and Derivatives by Ujimasa Hojo
Valiant Charge by Vinz
Void Missiles by Vinz
Blood Beetle by Kenntaur
Nerubian Archmage by MatiS
Nerubian Infector by -Grendel
Nerubian Worker by Alok
Nerubian Guard by Callahan
NerubianWidow by Callahan
SpiderBlack by garfield
Altar of the Spider by Khazmo
Naga Royal Guard by Ujimasa Hojo
Tidal Guard by Hermit, Lord_T, Zerox
Naga Overseer by Misha
Naga Sea Witch by DeuceGordon
Turtle Caravan by AndrewOverload519
Tidal Surge by 00110000
Water Orb by JesusHipster
Naga Tidemistress by Tarrasque
Murloc Village by MasterHaosis :cgrin:
Naga Commander by Tarrasque
Tentacle by Frostwhiskey
Fathom Ray by GhostThruster
Brood Guardian by Draktar
269936-4f7dabe63740716743860c5d3418ed8a.png
Contents

Warcraft 4 - Amazonia (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Autumn Leaves (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Concealed Hill (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Echo Isles (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Frozen Marshlands (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Hammerfall (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Last Refuge (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Northern Isles (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Northshire (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Ruins of Azshara (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Sanctuary (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Shallow Grave (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Springtime (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Tidehunters (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Turtle Rock (Map)

Warcraft 4 - Twisted Meadows (Map)

Reviews
I'll start by saying that it's really nice that I can choose the race I wanna play in game and not actually pregame from the menu. I played it two times vs orcs then vs undead. I just wanna say that I literally have nothing to complain. Despite my...
Level 2
Also from the Grubby video- Love the new content! While I don't have super in depth knowledge about balance or the like so I can't exactly give much opinion on that, I do have a couple of bugs/typos I found.

• As was mentioned, by Bleeq, the collisions on some of the mid construction Naga buildings is off to the point where specifically the reef basin, and sanctuarium can't be selected mid construction without bandboxing. This leads to some unfortunate side effects, such as being unable to use face the void on those structures, if the need somehow arises.
  • The description for the Nerubian upgrade Feast (Underground Temple) has the word immobilized misspelled as immobilazed.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more!

Level 22
Also from the Grubby video- Love the new content! While I don't have super in depth knowledge about balance or the like so I can't exactly give much opinion on that, I do have a couple of bugs/typos I found.

• As was mentioned, by Bleeq, the collisions on some of the mid construction Naga buildings is off to the point where specifically the reef basin, and sanctuarium can't be selected mid construction without bandboxing. This leads to some unfortunate side effects, such as being unable to use face the void on those structures, if the need somehow arises.
  • The description for the Nerubian upgrade Feast (Underground Temple) has the word immobilized misspelled as immobilazed.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more!
Hello and welcome to the Hive! I appreciate you coming here.
Thank you for pointing out this things, will try my best to fix building selection, no luck so far.

Level 2
Hello and welcome to the Hive! I appreciate you coming here.
Thank you for pointing out this things, will try my best to fix building selection, no luck so far.
Appreciate the welcoming c:

In the meantime, I found another bug, that applies to both factions.
The Naga Commander ability War Command's cooldown can be bypassed completely if the Naga Commander has cloak of shadows. Despite the icon appearing as if it is cooling down, instead of preventing the player from using it, you can simply use it over and over. This isn't the case when Naga Commander isn't holding the cloak. This also applies to the Nerubian Librarian's Nerubian Archives spells.

Level 22
Appreciate the welcoming c:

In the meantime, I found another bug, that applies to both factions.
The Naga Commander ability War Command's cooldown can be bypassed completely if the Naga Commander has cloak of shadows. Despite the icon appearing as if it is cooling down, instead of preventing the player from using it, you can simply use it over and over. This isn't the case when Naga Commander isn't holding the cloak. This also applies to the Nerubian Librarian's Nerubian Archives spells.
Hey, thanks, that one was specific. Will be fixed in the next upload.

Level 2
Got another one for you.
It seems on Turtle Rock, the Naga Tidemistress' riptide ability can't hit any of the turtles. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional. It seems to hit everything else, including the Murloc Tiderunners and Murloc Nightcrawlers on the map Amazonia, which feels like a weird inconsistency since they're both aquatic, which leads me to believe it's a bug.

Second, something that is less a bug and more a suggestion. Would it be possible to add random to the race selection menu? If not that's totally understandable, just something that would be nice to have.

Finally, a question. Is there a better place for me to report bugs or the like? It feels a bit bad to be spamming the comments every time I find something, regardless of how small.

Level 2
Have another bug to report here, since discord was being stinky and didn't like the link. (I'll send a friend request later, if that's acceptable.)
It seems that Monsoon Aura applies to enemy units, as well as friendly units, contrary to the description which says it should only work on friendly units. It was definitely a fun surprise.

Level 2
Hey) Sorry im new here. I downloaded this patch, but inside there are only maps, how to get new races? they are not shown anywhere...

Thank you in advance!

Level 22
Hey) Sorry im new here. I downloaded this patch, but inside there are only maps, how to get new races? they are not shown anywhere...

Thank you in advance!
Hello.

1. Donwload the maps
2. Put them in your Maps folder
3. Run Warcraft 3 with Battle.net
4. Select any of downloaded maps and run it

You will be able to choose new race ingame.

Level 2
Hello.

1. Donwload the maps
2. Put them in your Maps folder
3. Run Warcraft 3 with Battle.net
4. Select any of downloaded maps and run it

You will be able to choose new race ingame.
Thank you for quick answer, however when i start the game(map) i dont see an option to choose race. What can be done?

Level 2
Back with more to report. Hope these have been more helpful than annoying- first though, love the ui for the two new races, and appreciate the addition of random!

General
1. So, it seems since this update, matches vs ai have broken- the ai will still try to play, up until the point where they build their altar, after that it seems like their ai just locks up. Not sure if this is within your control, but it's worth mentioning just in case.

Naga
1. Not sure if this is intentional for balance reasons, or a bug, but by default murloc slaves gather 10 lumber (with overseer presence) but only gather 8 with overwork active. Feels weird, but if it's for balance, totally understandable.
2. The Description for the naga myrmidon unit has the typo "can learn Pind down" instead of "can learn pin down". In the same vein, the Pin Down description has a couple of typos. "So that it cannot move and than slow it afther that" should be "So that it cannot move, and then a slow after that" or the much less wordy "So that it cannot move, followed by a slow" or similar.
3. This is pretty nitpicky, but the description for "Mrglgrl!" says that it "last 6 seconds" as opposed to "Lasts 6 seconds".

Nerubian
1. The "Spider Nest" upgrade description mentions that gatherers and nerubian workers both can become invisible while near Nerubian buildings. Now, either I'm blind, or nerubian worker units just don't exist- I'm assuming the description mentioning them is an artifact from a previous version, but it's very possible I'm oblivious.
2.For Webspinners, the "Sticky Trap" ability has the description refer to the ability as "Spider Trap". Not sure if this is intentional, seeing as how the timed life of the trap is also called "Spider Trap", whereas the unit for the trap is named sticky trap.
3. A purely visual bug. This might just be an engine limitation, but the circle (hole?) in the top of the Royal Treasury building allows you to see through the building. Far from game breaking, but it is kind of funny being able to see grass through a structure's walls.

That's all I have for now! Keep up the good work!

Level 14
Patch 2.2
  • Toxic Slime now triggers only on enemies.
  • Nerubian Tunnels now repairable.
  • Turtle Caravan now can carry up to 4 items.
  • Spider Lord food cost doesn't change based on it burrowed state.
  • Fixed the bug when Naga Overseer icon multiply if there where not enought gold\lumber\food or when building is affected by Freezing Breath.
  • Naga Commander's Victory Blow damage increased from 20 to 30.
  • Naga Commander's Pillar of Conquest stun duration increased from 4 to 3\5\7 seconds (1.5\2.5\3.5 for Heroes).
  • Arachnathid's Poison Stinger ability reworked: now it is autocasted ability and damage is dealt over time.
  • Gatekeeper now is able to move while burrowed.
  • Gatekeeper aura reworked completely.
  • Prophet of Unseen's Strings of Fate damage reduced from 18% to 15%.
  • Vizier's Strong Dispel nerfed and moved to T2 while Enlightenment became T3.
  • Vizier's Insight also cause unit to never miss on attack.
  • Some typos are fixed.
  • New item: Wishbone

I've got a couple days off so I'm gonna take a look at the updates and finally give my opinion of the Nerubian heroes too :slp:

Level 22
Played it again, on Amazonia, as Nerubian.

Played against Computer (Easy) to test out potential Nerubian strategy by using flyers only. My enemy was undead and he didn't build any anti-air setup, so I easily smashed him in macro.

However I noticed a strange error - maybe AI turns off when load save game, or maybe it has lost all of its resources dunno.

Level 1
Watched the game through Grubby at Youtube and i enjoyed watching people playing this map.
However I'm currently having a problem where the maps won't show up in Custom Game selection in-game. I hope I could get some answers as soon as possible as I cannot wait to play the map itself. Thanks!