Nerubian Arbalest

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Nerubian arbalest is a nerubian and an arbalest. yes. this is description. 30 characters.

Keywords:
nerubian, locust, insect
Contents

Nerubian Arbalest (Model)

Nerubian Arbalest (Model)

Reviews
09:20, 8th Feb 2015 MiniMage: Looks nice, even though the name doesn't make much sense. The clipping is still annoying though.

M

09:20, 8th Feb 2015
MiniMage: Looks nice, even though the name doesn't make much sense. The clipping is still annoying though.

Level 32
I must say, you've done a spectacular job with the model!

Splendid work indeed!

The clipping is minor and barely noticeable, unless you specifically look for it. So I must request that those seeking to pounce on his plums so hard they burst out of his ears tone it back a bit.

Its not remotely as bad as other models I've seen get through with far more glaring errors.

As I can't give a 4.8/5, I'll settle for giving you a 5/5

Level 5
Loving the model, but I have to agree on the clipping issue. It's not really noticeable from above, but it can be pretty jarring considering the size of both the arms and forelegs.

Maybe making the legs a bit shorter and stockier would do? It could also make the unit look more, shall we say, stable.

Level 7
i just thought "arbalest" is just fucking cool. so, arbalest.

Well, an arbalest is basically a heavy crossbow. I think it would make more sense if the Nerubian fired some sort of a bolt-like projectile. But, I suppose it's your model so you can name it whatever you want. That having been said, I'd like to hear a little bit of lore if you don't mind me putting it out there. What exactly is an "Arbalest" and what is their role in Nerubian society/warfare? :)

Maybe it's just the hive viewer screwing up, but the legs look a bit wonky in the walk animation. They rotate too much outwards, especially the front legs. I also don't really see the point of the alternate set, but perhaps someone else has more imagination than me.

Regardless, i see you have spent a lot of time on this model. The mesh is perfect (as usual) and the animations are fluent. The attack animations look especially cool. I also love it when people take the time to add dust particles in walk animations, it makes it seem so much more connected to the environment.

mm yeah the legs..well i kinda want to aim for the tall, skinny nerubian look with the long and slender legs.

The length is not the issue, it looks cool. The problem is that they are rotating outward when it's walking, instead of bending in the direction of the motion. Does that make any sense? Anyhow it makes it look wobbly and weird. Look at some youtube video of how a spider walks and you will see what i am talking about.

Level 21
But... Arbalest is just another word for Crossbow. In fact, 'Arbalet' in Russian directly translates to crossbow. This is silly. :p

Or you could call it a Nerubian Vanguard. Since a Vanguard is the leading part of an advancing military formation. The unit clearly looks the part. ;D
Then again, a vanguard is a lot of people. Well whatever, it's not like a name matters that much since people downloading it probably will change it anyhow.

Level 6
Somehow reminds me of Baal from Diablo II.

My thoughts right away.
This is an amazing Nerubian model, as are all the Nerubian models you release, -Grendel.
I'm so happy that the hive has someone like -Grendel to dish out these amazing Nerubian models.

Level 11
I hate to say it because this model looks totally badass, but it's walk animation is shit. In anything lower then like max movement speed it's walk animation looks like it's moving way too fast. It takes far too large of strides, and it's legs go way too far out.