• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Coastal Defence Version 6.9.1: Even more functional version

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
UPDATED NOW SO IT IS ACTUALLY FUN
Naga Defence Force
Welcome to Naga Coastal Defence!
There are a couple of changes from normal melee.

I recommend playing this gamemode as two players or more if its with friends. Have fun and tell me if you beat Godlike!

- NEW! The Illigal Upgrades tower now has a cool 10 seconds stun once and thats all.

- You win by either surviving for 30 minutes or destroying the Temple of the Tides
Endless mode can ONLY be won if you destoy the Temple of the Tides.

- Gold and Lumber is autogathered, you can also get Gold from killing enemy units. You can also exchange Gold for Lumber or Lumber for Gold, and increase Gold Income for all players at Simon's Imporium in the back.

- Anti-building units and abilities have been reworked to work in a horde survival, Dragon Hawks have Mana Shield and Frost Wyrms freeze affects units etc.

- Difficulty Explanations:
Easy: You can only beat campaign maps on Easy
Normal: You are a casual RTS player
Hard: You are a good RTS player
Godlike: You've won a warcraft 3 tournament or you play so much ranked that your family is worried for your health
Endless: You want to see how far you can go

- Survive for one hour and then you win!

Shoutout to Supir Aliks (my very cool friend) for inspirering me to this fun idea.

UPDATE:

Made this gamemode actually playable
Previews
Contents

Naga Coastal Defence V6.9 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Building space is very tight and annoying to work with in more players. Enemy spawns are simple create unit triggers like playing some Brood War map. Could put a tavern to have all the extra heroes not just the goblins. Could potentially barricade...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Building space is very tight and annoying to work with in more players.
  2. Enemy spawns are simple create unit triggers like playing some Brood War map.
  3. Could put a tavern to have all the extra heroes not just the goblins.
  4. Could potentially barricade with towers.
  5. While the enemy is supposed to be naga, there are thematically unrelated attackers like goblin sappers, harpies, revenants, fallen priests or even demolishers.
  6. There are useless items in the shops like Tiny Great Hall.
  7. Repetitive waves and gameplay mechanics, no enemy heroes, bosses, events, something.
  8. Terrain flat and mostly one tile.
Overall, simple material with not much of anything custom, regular Warcraft III stuff.
Could really use lots of creative ideas to make this idea nice.

For now, Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/