• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Tower Defense

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first tower defense map! Here are the screenshot!

full

Please let me ask suggestions for difficulty level for more waves.
Contents

My Tower Defense (Map)

Reviews
Knight of Arsford
There are a lot of issues with this map and is severely lacking effort in design and the description here on Hive. I vote for this to be set to Awaiting Update as it shouldn't have left the drawing board at this stage. In-game: 1. The starting...
deepstrasz
No improvements. Very simple stuff. Substandard. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N BB...
Level 14
Pretty interesting, you put some rocks where the player should build towers.
I see some holes in the cliff at the middle. Does the creeps can avoid some defense?

I think it should be interesting to have more informations about the game.
First, I added rocks and shrubs to the cliff.

Second, harder wave can avoid some defense in a latest update.

There are a lot of issues with this map and is severely lacking effort in design and the description here on Hive. I vote for this to be set to Awaiting Update as it shouldn't have left the drawing board at this stage.

In-game:
1. The starting message begins with "Tower Defense Template." It seems you have taken a TD template and have changed barely anything in the terrain and even the triggers.
2. The builder unit uses standard foot movement and not flying. This means that the player cannot go form Point A to Point B without having to walk around the maze. Also, the lower terrain is inaccessible as there are no ramps to go down there.
3. The map uses standard Warcraft 3 units with no customization at all. Just literally adding default units to the mob pool.
4. There is only one tower, and it's also a barely customized Guard Tower that cannot kill any of the units effectively as they still have their original stats.
5. There's no point of saving your gold for the next wave as every wave sets the player's gold to a constant 1000.
6. There are a lot of gaps in the terrain as seen in the screenshots, and barely no effort to decorate has been made at all, except for the rocks on the cliffs that only serve to obstruct building towers there.
7. There are no info in the Quests tab, no multiboard, no scoreboard, and you don't even know how many lives you have until a mob reaches the end.
8. There are no extra game modes, other than the default.
9. There are only 5 waves, too short for any TD.
10. The map is still "Nondescript" in the custom games menu.

Hive:
1. You need to have a proper description that tells any potential downloader about what the map is all about. Though considering the amount of stuff it has currently, I think it can't be helped if the description is lacking.
2. Not really a major issue, but surely there are better titles than "My Tower Defense"?

I am not sure which of the stuff in the map is something the author even made, or something that already came with the TD template.
This map, at its state, does not match the quality of approved maps in the Hive, and a lot of work should be added before considering to upload it here.

I hope you work on this based on the points I gave you, and wish you good luck! Happy Mapping!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
No improvements. Very simple stuff.
Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/