1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modelling Contest #25 - Ascension

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Kyrbi0, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Freddyk

Freddyk

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

2. paladinjst

paladinjst

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    good plan with the yellow leaves . mesh look good but i think u should change the hair of top head much thicker , i know u edit the head base on jaina's . now the head looks a little wired :the face and the hair on the head are out of proportion . totally it's good .:ogre_haosis:

3. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks like Shyron's face xP

Someone should redo that model with Thor like body :< it's a pity he's hanging on that frail... column, or whatever it is.

4. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Place the shoulderpad on the other side, give the bow a better texture (the current one looks horrible compared to the face and all the other textures). Otherwise I like it, although it's quite sad you made an archer again, as there are enough of them for NE's IMO.

5. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    She is not amused. :pnewt:

Well, that's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure I can pull it off. Plus, it contradicts my idea for the hero. Also, making her other arm bark would also mean making it as bulky as her left arm, thusly ruining the asymmetry, as well as clipping terribly with her cape.

I'm honestly not quite sure what you mean by that.
    Can you please point me to which part of it you want me to change on these screenshots?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Placing the shoulderpad on the other arm wouldn't work because it will clip with the cape, and because it would expose her barky shoulder and the ugly way in which it connects to the rest of her body:

[​IMG]

And as I said on the original post, the bow and quiver are not finished yet. They are still Sylvanas', and are there only for the sake of having something to compare to in terms of proportions and positioning(and also so that she wouldn't look too terrible in her animations). ^^

As for my choice of concept, well, I've been meaning to make a Night Elf with Barkskin for a while now. I was originally make a druidy mage adventurer lady of sorts, with lots of belts full of potions and herbs, with the same ability(barkskin), but eh, I decided that for lack of a better concept for this one, I might as well try to make a sort of merger between 'druid' and 'archer'. I thought that was a rather cool idea, and honestly, I haven't seen a great deal of good looking Night Elf archers on foot.

6. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    awesome. when you said you hated the animating part i thought you were bad with it. :p

well. i don't think i'll be able to finish my entry.. i had a hard week at work and couldn't spare the time to make progress with the model... i might finish it some other time

i can help with judging if another judge is needed.

7. paladinjst

paladinjst

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    this is what i mean :
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, I tried. I'm not sure if this is what you meant, and I'm even less sure if it looks any better at all, but here:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It might be difficult to pull off because of the way I modeled her hair. There's only one vertex to really pull over there in order to achieve the effect you want me to, and I'm really not sure if it's sufficient. I kind of don't feel like remodeling the hair at this point either... :p

9. paladinjst

paladinjst

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    :ogre_haosis: much better ~

10. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Truly...?
    Well, I am not nearly as enthusiastic as you are about this change, but heck, I'll touch it up a bit and keep it. Thanks for the advice. :)

11. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I kinda prefer Deolrins original version. Although it does have a little anime influences in its design. The tweak looks more realistic, however, it also looks a little more bland imo.

12. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Deolrin, just add a vertex/face via Mdlvis, it's not difficult.

13. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I use MilkShape, and I'm aware that it is not difficult, but I'm too lazy to mess around with the wrap and stuff again. Either way, I did some work on it and I like the outcome. Right now I'm working on the bow.

14. JokeMaster

JokeMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm i'm kind stuck with a problem. Does someone know a compatible format for both maya and 3ds? I can't find one working and im stuck with exporting.

15. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  16. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Question

What is the time in the philippines in the deadline time of the contest?:vw_wtf: say also the date.

17. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tomorrow at 7PM, I do believe.

~~~

Alright, so I finished the bow, and I'm not quite sure how to proceed here...
    One thing to note is that I'm not even sure if it's possible to have the teamcolored particles work in-game, not to mention that they glitch out in the animations and just sort of fly everywhere, so I'm almost certain I won't be including them - as pretty as they look during "Stand"... :(

Attached Files:

18. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, you could just do like I did with my air drone. Just make transparent glows. with TC on it. If you still feel the effect needs more work, you could blur the line of the TC Board with some more SFXs

19. SuPa-

SuPa-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  20. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    SuPa-, thanks, but I think I'll pass on the TC particles because they spazz all over the place when she runs and shoots.

Anyway, I can't tell if the green arrow breaks the theme too badly or not:

[​IMG]