1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modelling Contest #25 - Ascension

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Kyrbi0, Jul 27, 2013.

1. spawnbps

spawnbps

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wonderful model..

It'd be nice if you add some particles too sir ice.. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  2. icewolf055

icewolf055

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    @stonneash, thanks :D, yeah i have remade the tail :p

@Rui, thanks ;), yep, its a Sphinx.

@spawnbps, thanks lol. but dont double post next time :)

3. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Your definitions of hero-ifying units are ridiculously good. Well done fellas :>

4. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @ spawnbps, you are double posting.
    ON TOPIC. Good luck to us all.

5. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I present you: The Spell Thief (literally)

spellbreaker.PNG

6. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why do I get the feeling that that thing in front of him should be in the back..

7. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    ... what are you talking about? o.o

8. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  9. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It's the fact that the guy has no hood or cap or anything, when that thing in front of him is that huge, it looks like he wearing the bloodmage coat the wrong way. XD

10. BlinkBoy

BlinkBoy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It's looking great, can't wait to see the feet moving. Btw what happened with the tauren fella?

11. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well I F*cked up with the model polygons and Didn't have backup, so Idecided I make something better, a shaman head with blademaster body and rewrap it, and it trurned out great and I added few animations:
    Stand
    Attack
    Spell
    Spell - Throw
    Spell - Slam
    The Gif shows "Spell" animation.

Off-Topic: what version of 3DS Max do you have?

12. BlinkBoy

BlinkBoy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I use 3ds max 2008, still waiting for license to run out before I update to 2014.

hmm I see.

Btw did you think on rebaking the unwrap to retexture it better?

13. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He looks a bit too much like a human knight. Besides, that Spell Breaker face texture is terrible. Try to use Arthas or something with green eyes and big eyebrows and ears.

14. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I'm still experimenting with textures, though, the spellbreaker face is going to stay (or at least modified). There are too many same elf-faces out there with arthas base, wanted to do something different this time.

15. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, there's a reason for that.
    The spellbreaker face is absolutely terrible. It's so bad it's not even funny.

16. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    How comes that ;_; I actually like it very much ^^

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Someone who can custom animated should do something with this model I just found art for. Pretty neat.

Also, eubz, Kaizer, Wrathion, no comment on my previous post? :p

Also also, Chucky, MiniMage, Wandering Soul, takakenji, GhostThruster and JokeMaster, don't leave us hanging. How're things going?

~~~

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, hitting the style definitely takes a certain knack. I dunno if anyone here would be willing to help you out with that?

The Banshee is a pretty cool unit. Obviously a "hero-version" exists (Dark Ranger), so the trick is to come up with something new. A super-Banshee ("Phantasm"? "Ghast"? "Wailing Wonder"? :p), or instead mixed with the whole Val'kyr thing (concept art here and here).
    Alternatively looking at the spells: emphasize 'Curse' for a malevolent "Spectre" hero bent on twisting enemy attacks... emphasize 'Anti-Magic Shell' for an enigmatic "Eidolon" able to deflect & disable magicks... emphasize 'Possession' for a nefarious "Puppetrix", manipulating enemies with spectral threads & evil puppets!

Lol!

I kinda agree with Deolrin, that if you're gonna go with the NE Bear Priestess, definitely stick with the "regular-poly" one that'll actually fit in-game. With a buncha additions, of course. Could look rather cool.

However, if you're thinking of switching... :p

Makrura... Now there's an idea. No one has really done them before.
    I think you know what this means.

MAKRURA LIBRARIAN/TINKER, GOGO!

(But seriously, not sure there. Makrura would probably be good with hero glow, a HUGE-o claw, some tattered cloth... some butter, some tartar sauce, ooh a nice squeeze of lemon... *sorry*)

That's hilarious, you're making other people's entries.

Gotta say it's interesting... But the face is weird, the cape is out of place, and the staff is just as cluttered as I thought it might be. :< Try out that "shelf mushroom-cape" deal, I'm interested to see if that can be pulled off.

Looking really good now. I'm impressed with how surprisingly-leonine you've made that bear.

Personally, though, I like my Sphinxes more feline instead of ursine... Can't really describe it, but you can Google Image "sphinx mtg" for a buncha Magic: the Gathering Sphinxes. Heck, the regular Wc3 Gryphon Rider is half-lion; use the back of that!

(Of course, you probably won't want to re-do everything at this point).

Who's the rider? What's he wield? And does this guy actually fly?

"Definitions"? What do you mean?

Dang, sorry to hear that. I rather liked it. :<

However, this Blade-Shaman-Master is really coming along well. Just a nice merge overall. The animation (aside from the legs) is solid. Two things, though:

1) Definitely do something to the head/face; I'm realizing that that's one of the big keys to making a unique & cool hero. Maybe give him black-wolf-fur-mask, tweak the ears, the fangs, add eye-glow to the mask, something.

2) Skulls are incredibly over-used. The one on his chest is alright (but a replacement or a tweak (horns?) should be done), but his staff... It's just a stick, with a skull. Give him anything else; a rib cage, a ceremonial half-moon blade, a spiral of bones, rings of magick... I dunno. What exactly is this guy?

Noice! I really like this, and the name as well! I can tell you've done some creative merging & wrapping, and I'm a fan. I'm assuming the cape/scarf/shoulder-drapes are all TC. As he is, he's a solid unit; the face is relatively unique, though, so it's just a matter of finding something for him to hold or whatevs. What do you have in mind?
    *thinks of trickery-related paraphrenalia*
    Hum, maybe a deck of magic cards that he can shoot, like Gambit? Or perhaps a simple wooden staff... Pair of dice, trick shot glasses, ribbons...

I dunno, Deolrin, the face looks pretty cool. Although the scarf is a bit large (I rather like the "scarf-crossed-over-the-face" deal, but maybe slightly lower, or dipping down near his mouth?).

18. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Its no a final wip, its a first wip, alot of attachments will be added (Warcraft orc hero spam basic attachments), still can't get a better idea for the staff but its defenetly not going to be this
    I will retexture the texture to make the a Hero shaman Shadow caster, wih black wolf fur and a mojo mask on his face and a staff in his hand (and few attachments like the skull).

EDIT:
    Wip
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  19. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You didn't see it in a closeup yet.
    [​IMG]

Well, he's a spell thief, isn't it? So I'm guessing daggers, or otherwise small, handheld blade weapons. He's using the Demon Hunter animations, so it seems only appropriate.

20. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol, that's probably because certain parts of his face were supposed to be covered by armor. Those wrinkled cheeks definitely look like the molds of the spell breaker helm. Spell Breaker portrait is actually quite cool. I just wish his eyebrows weren't so ridiculous.