• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 24 - FEELS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have no skill in modeling so i wont be participating, but i'll throw an idea out there if someone feels like working on it.

A scrawny "man" (Could be anything really, but i envision as a man) carrying a "caged beast" (Again, subject to change) on his back, visibly troubled by it's weight (ie. limping or something).
The beast obviously representing guilt.

It's a farily unoriginal idea, but it's better than nothing.

Level 11
How about this:
attachment.php

Level 11
I bet this have more than 2000 ploys ,very pretty but is that allowed to have a big file size, I guess not

The model is 4000 polly and the mesh is 180 kb not that much.
If i use in game texture + custom texture i dont think it will have more then 300kb.
I mean u can increase the file size of the model with animations +100kb and not with a mesh?

It got discussed in the Site Discussion sub-forum some time ago, don't know where exactly they had written it down as a statement though.
you want an award or a contest? if the second, you can't have it with 1 person only.

people were complaining about extensions some time ago and we created an objective rule about extensions that went like this:
The contest will close on the deadline as long as we have 3 entries. Or extend roughly until at least 3 entries are submitted (if contestant 3 and 4 submit within a few hours/day of eachother, we'll include them too of course!)
it actually happenend and people didn't mind about it, but if you do, pharaoh can just close this and you go home with your glorious winner award

But he actually finished the model and put an effort. He did his best and it is not his fault this contest failed, it is only fair that he gets the award. I vote for him to get an award anyway.
the question is, wait a couple weeks max until we have 3 or 4 entries (at least 2 we will have since i will finish mine) or bury the contest right now?

i dont think the hive is desperate for another modeling contest, but it isnt up to me to decide

The thing is, some people have left, okay. The second thing is, for those who didn't, was the theme not fine for them? skrab admitted it for instance.

And no, award will not be given unless those 3 entries meet the requirement. Sure it's not his fault (that's clear), but the award loses its meaning if it is given.

I propose to close the thread, give him a symbolic prize for his effort and you guys create a thread in the Contest Submission to discuss a more appealing theme. How would you feel about that? Unless you still want this extended. Though 2 entries is not acceptable either.

Status
Not open for further replies.