• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modelling Contest #24 - The Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

160036-albums4747-picture61197.png

160036-albums4747-picture61198.png

160036-albums4747-picture59709.png

Feels

Contestants had to create a model that represents a feeling or an emotion.

160036-albums4747-picture59712.png

HappyCockroach’s Shame
MESH – 8/10
The mesh is alright, no floating vertices, etc. The hands could’ve used more love though since it’s one of the most visible or busier parts.

ANIMATIONS – 8/10
The jiggling mantle/cape really weirds me out, it looks like a sludge when it jiggles. The arms are also a problem, especially at the elbow part. They become thin (at the elbow part) and sometimes the lower arm moves through the elbows. It’s noticeable ingame (even at bird-view) since the upper arms looks like a white toothpick from above).

UV/SKIN - 8/10

There’s a map fault in the mantle/cape thingy, which is pretty noticeable. The said part also lacks details on the lower corner. On the other hand, the body wrap is gorgeous.

CREATIVITY – 7/10

The feel is in there, but the overall color scheme is overused (pale body with purple stuff) in Warcraft 3 and its custom resources.

MECHANICS – 4/5

Although it works fine, it definitely lacks team color (other than the hero glow). It also has no portrait which will pose a problem when “fitting it in” with the rest of the vanilla units/heroes.

EFFECTS- 5/5
Pink glows, rainbow tears, and ribbon emitters that you don’t see very often.

TOTAL- 40/50
PROXY’s WRATH
MESH – 7/10
The torso is so small compared to its shoulders. Body proportions are messed. The dual swords are also very thick that it won’t even cut butter, it will mash it instead.

ANIMATIONS – 6.5/10

The hanging cloths need love, they look ugly being static. The shoulders clip into the said cloths. The pony tail clips too. The swords remain upright at death. They beastmaster animations don’t fit very well, you could’ve gone with the DH instead.

UV/SKIN – 7.5/10

The golden-borders on the cloths don’t fit in with the black-pale color scheme. The arms (the skin parts) look strange and doesn’t look like an arm at all.

CREATIVITY - 5/10
A bit like...Kratos. The model doesn’t show a feeling of wrath at all. The face is covered, the body is nimble. It represents Death or something more than Wrath.

MECHANICS – 4.5/5
Works fine, lacks a good portrait.

EFFECTS- 2/5
Not many effects, you could have used more to integrate the representative feeling.

TOTAL- 32.5/50
Vermillion Edict’s FURIOUS
MESH – 8.5/10

It’s fine. My biggest concern is with those legs, they contain a lot of polies.

ANIMATIONS – 8.5/10
The entry with the most variety of animations. The tongue stuff on attack animations is pretty. Still, there are still room for polishing in some of its anims (some are fast which I think are supposed to be not). There’s also no rarity in the animations which makes the model stand stupid in game.

UV/SKIN – 9/10
The custom texture is a plus, although it needs more glint/shine just like the vanilla textures.

CREATIVITY – 8/10
The design/concept is simple yet good. The face and the skin really do express furious and/or rage. Also, it reminds me of the assassins from AC but with opposite ways of killing.

MECHANICS – 2.5/5
Works fine. Has portrait. No attachment points. Smoke particles set to wrong filter mode. BIG file size.

EFFECTS- 3.5/5
The morphing effects are awesome. Too bad the smoke particles ruin it in-game. If these are removed, the model would be devoid of effects.

TOTAL- 40/50
Retera’s CONFUSION
MESH – 3/10

I will award you with 3 points for the effort. You literally just copy-pasted stuff from different models and deleted some polies here and there and left them unattached to each other.

ANIMATIONS – 3/10

The animations mess up everything, the detached arms are like “wobble wobble wobble”. Same thing with the dragon head. I generally don't see any cohesion whatsoever.

UV/SKIN – 5/10

No efforts at all in changing the wraps of the geomerged stuff. And also, the blackness of the arms stands out too much.

CREATIVITY – 5/10

The confusion is in there and the concept is kind of neat, but it still lacks more “confusion”. If the model is “fixed”, it will just look like an ordinary monster with four crab legs, oversized torso and upper limbs, and a monstrous dragon head (minus the swirly thing).

MECHANICS – 4/5

Works fine. Has no portrait. Unnoticeable team-color.

EFFECTS- 2/5

Except for the eyes, I don't see anything fancy there.

TOTAL- 25/50

Calculation Formula: ((Poll Votes / Total Poll Votes) * 40) + ((Judges' Results)/100) * 60))

• HappyCockroach: ((41/83) * 40) + ((43+40)/100) * 60) = 69,55
  • PROXY: ((19/83) * 40) + ((32.5+29)/100) * 60) = 46,05
  • Retera: ((18/83) * 40) + ((25+27)/100) * 60) = 39,87
  • Vermillion Edict: ((5/83) * 40) + ((40+40)/100) * 60) = 50,4

160036-albums4747-picture64105.png

Poll | Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.