• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-mapping Contest #9 - Map Size Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little question , So for now, I will change the terrain of my map.
But I will use a extracted model from the game paranoia, the author said that the models or skins cannot be use without permission, I already sent him a message . My question is, what if the author will become inactive and he can't response ? . Can I submit my map ?

As long as you don't upload it to the maps section, I am sure you can. Fun little loopholes. =)

Though you might want to optimize it and then just send the judges your unprotected version. Then it would or well should be fine because you aren't sharing it then and the judges surely won't do anything with the maps.

I don't know how the other judges feel about this matter however I think we should allow them public privacy as in able to submit a optimized map HOWEVER they are forced to send the map unprotected to the judges. Just seeing how some are already feeling, don't want dropout's after all.

Level 21
WIPs

Here are two WIPs of my map "Lord of Hell"

233766-albums6886-picture84103.png

233766-albums6886-picture84104.png

I will give info about the game later because there are still some important things missing like how to win the game.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I hope the next contest will be about actual (non-optimized) map size being limited, not map dimensions. I might take part in that.

Level 6
2nd WIP's. BTW the left side of the screen is my map size (Both pics) and there are two pics. the one is the second map areas then the first pic is the clean version of the map.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Attachments

• Map and Sizq.PNG
    Map and Sizq.PNG
    914.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Map Area.PNG
    Map Area.PNG
    922 KB · Views: 175
Level 21
That looks hot. So I'm guessing you have to do a lot of evading of giant, flaming, firey objects with each playable hero having their own unique styles of doing it?

Yeah I guess you got my point. I would also like to say that this map can be played multiplayer and with many game modes like "Boss Fight", "Last Man Standing", "Gladiator Mode" and perhaps more!

Wip 4

WIP 4
-Here's my final WIP preview, I will finish the triggers, terrain, UI, info's, Units, items and ability next week . :D

---
Oh wait, A simple question,
I don't want to post my map to the public(because the author said "don't extract files without my permission") except for the judges.
How do I post my entry ????

Attachments

• Wip4.png
    Wip4.png
    985.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Wip4..png
    Wip4..png
    557.8 KB · Views: 174
Sweet terrain! Love that feeling of gloom the atmosphere has. :D Any info on the gameplay?

- There's no info yet, I will continue working it next week, I'm really tired ,
I already write down the plans .
Just wait, my game is very simple, not complicated :D

you guys work fast! @_@

you still have much time to improve it, why decide it as the final so soon?

- ?? Did you ask me? or the others ?? :D
Well, If you ask me that this is the final W.I.P, because I don't want to show something more, 1-4 WIPS pictures is enough . . .
Maybe I will add next time . :D

Maybe you should use auto-save Rheiko.

By the way, I am surprised nobody took advantage of 32x32 manipulation where you complete one part and then generate a new level. Visually confusing the player is always fun.

Though looking good however I suggest not to rush yourselves and to improve your map as much as you can. still got like another month.

Level 23
Well, my boss was sleeping when I was in part time so I did some stuff for my map. This is the only good thing about my accident several weeks ago. Just because I have lotsa broken bones and stuff, people already trust me so much. They don't really watch me if I'm doing my work or not. xD

Anyway, the map has evolved from Azeroth Tech Warfare (Machines vs Magic) to Heavy Weapon (Machines vs Machines vs Zombies), so there isn't much general stuff to do anymore. I am not really satisfied with the basic cannon blast since its an instant thing, but according to my lazy ass, it's just fine. Wasn't able to screenshot it in action though.
222907-albums5913-picture84111.png
(Going to do something about the loading bar soon-ish)

222907-albums5913-picture84112.png
222907-albums5913-picture84113.png
222907-albums5913-picture84114.png
(Kinda forgot that stats can't be set to zero...)
I'm nearly done as well. I only have to create other tanks, make the zombie waves, multiboard and then some polishing.

So it is being enforced that way then? Sorry sigelang and Dalvengyr.

I was kind of hoping that only we needed the unprotected version eubz because some people have issues with sharing. =P

Public poll shares percentage to final score so it is bias to think for voters that only judges can take a look inside a map. Voters might want how the map is created and I guess their vote will also be based on judging criteria and not on something else.

Public poll shares percentage to final score so it is bias to think for voters that only judges can take a look inside a map. Voters might want how the map is created and I guess their vote will also be based on judging criteria and not on something else.

Understood, sorry about that. Your right it is more fairer. My mistake... =(
Didn't even think about that though does public poll really share such a big percentage? I don't remember that mattering much in any contest. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.