• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-mapping Contest #9 - Map Size Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be joining this, here is my first WIP screen-shot;
rk66bs.png

Level 23
I was going to get the same screenshot angles for each and every one of my wips but I forgot to do that this time. XD
222907-albums5913-picture84084.png
Anyway, I won't be able to work on this for a couple of days or so so this might be my last wip until the weekends. :)

I would like to say that I am glad that the List of Participants is growing every day.
EDIT
It is overwhelming.
And some say this was going to be cancelled with lack of contestants. :p

Last edited:

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
sure, I have done the movement system, game is pretty simple so I guess I will upload it in this 2-3 days or even tomorrow since I got some holidays this week :D

btw, here is a big in-game screenie, the UI is quite glitched at the right part but it's not mine, the gameplay is still so empty actually, just working on visual and movement system for these 2 days..

next step is creating the "attacking" system and then the AI... after that, I think it's ready to be uploaded (tested)..

oh and the title is "Ring Out" btw hehe

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    792.4 KB · Views: 189
Level 6
Ohh I'm getting slow at my map. Why because I don't have any internet, dang I can't put in more wips sadly :(.
But , I could still upload my map. But still it would take a while.
BTW I'm using, my tab. Oh and my map hint is `hero *** **** *****` oh and PS I'm not disqualified yet. I'll upload my map soon OK.

EDIT: i have my internet back so i'll countiune my quest to make my map!

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Uh, isn't this map dimensions limited? Thought it was size limited, like 200kB or something..

edit: What's the time in which I need to participate? :/

I just reread the rules and noticed that optimized maps are not discouraged in this contest. But in the past ones, I remember that submitted entries should not be optimized.

So just for clarification, is optimization allowed or not?
In accordance to formers contests : NO
Will inform Eubz about it.

Uh, isn't this map dimensions limited? Thought it was size limited, like 200kB or something..

edit: What's the time in which I need to participate? :/
No, it's size limited, you must cake map by 32x32 dimension.

You may participate from yesterday till 19 June (refer to first post for contest time).

Well, I can't explain it well.
But you should look at reference.

Here are some main concern :

Mainly, This is to ensure the map never reach 8 MB by default (before optimization), which actually leads to disqualification.

Also, it's to ensure that judges can read triggers and object editors. They're evaluated in the judging.

P. S. : If you protect your map in former contests your entry will be disqualified. With these reference I consider it's forbidden to protect contestant entries, you may however, protect your map when you upload it to map section one day, after this contest is over :D

Well, I can't explain it well.
But you should look at reference.

Here are some main concern :

Mainly, This is to ensure the map never reach 8 MB by default (before optimization), which actually leads to disqualification.

Also, it's to ensure that judges can read triggers and object editors. They're evaluated in the judging.

P. S. : If you protect your map in former contests your entry will be disqualified. With these reference I consider it's forbidden to protect contestant entries, you may however, protect your map when you upload it to map section one day, after this contest is over :D

If you can play it in multi-player, map did not reach 8 MB- logical.
Optimization optimizes the map back to 8 MB. I surely see no problem in this, you can also skip trigger judging because its part of Object Data- 10 points. That means a protected map will cost -10 points in Object Data judging. :)

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
If you can play it in multi-player, map did not reach 8 MB- logical.
Optimization optimizes the map back to 8 MB. I surely see no problem in this, you can also skip trigger judging because its part of Object Data- 10 points. That means a protected map will cost -10 points in Object Data judging. :)

You can't optimize the map because triggers need to be evaluated. End of story. No one wants to edit your map anyway, trust me.

You can't optimize the map because triggers need to be evaluated. End of story. No one wants to edit your map anyway, trust me.

I'm afraid it could be the end of story for you. But I still think it is best to optimize the size. Size of my map: 5,221 KB (Import Manager), 3.60 MB.

I am sorry for the very late revision of the rules of judging regarding maps optimization. All contestants are encouraged to take a look at the first post and read about

Contest Judging

on Triggers/Efficiency/Performance: I am really very sorry about this but that's how the contest should run. I think it is not very difficult for everyone to follow.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
somehow I also really wanted to protect my map for some reasons, but cokey11 is right, no one will edit your map, no need to worry ;) most of import datas are also available at thw.. so you dont have a strong reason to protect it, another reason: again judges need to evaluate your triggers :)

this is my personal experience, I always tried not to optimize both object and trigger data using optimizer, one of my poor maps was corrupted after being optimized, traumatic..

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
I want to join, But I can't :/, I'm really busy with my real life ;(.

I just reread the rules and noticed that optimized maps are not discouraged in this contest. But in the past ones, I remember that submitted entries should not be optimized.

So just for clarification, is optimization allowed or not?

Just to say there isn't really a reason why having an optimized and unoptimized version in your entry post.

Although it is kind of a waste of time unless you were to upload an optimized version as an official release in the map section.
Although having an unoptimized version in the map description(or first post on the map page) would be nice for the public.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

or better you just send the non optimized version to judges, and optimized to the poll thread

Level 5
I've been quite busy this few days, so i don't have much to show. The idea i'm going for is escape game. I'll bring some more pictures later this week.
202808-albums7315-picture84102.jpg
Btw, does anyone know who made this UI, it's called King's Bounty. Don't know who to credit.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
here is a teaser vid from me, it's still doesnt have powerup feature (now it has :D), it's a "frag" movie from me actually :D hope you like it :grin:

and I'm sorry bcs the video's cut point is not really nice :grin: actually the music is pretty good..

note:
red = me
blue & teal = easy AI
purple = Insane AI, a true badass!

Attachments

• EPIC 7 in a row by Dalvengyr!.zip
    25.2 MB · Views: 92

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

@sig, that's a lot of effort man ^^ keep it up!

Level 23
I've been quite busy this few days, so i don't have much to show. The idea i'm going for is escape game. I'll bring some more pictures later this week.
202808-albums7315-picture84102.jpg
Btw, does anyone know who made this UI, it's called King's Bounty. Don't know who to credit.

It's Swuje or sumthing.. Let me check.

EDIT: http://xgm.guru/p/wc3/kings-bounty-ui :)

Status
Not open for further replies.