• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Menethil Ponds

Menethil Ponds
58180-c0a31656782dfecd76621e59bb9784eb.jpg

Map Description:
I think this one might be my first Lordaeron Summer map (correct if I am wrong). Once again a classic and simple 1v1 map. Only original unmodified Blizzard assets used (map classified as Melee).

icons_650_btn.jpg

Change Log
• Uploaded (8.11.2018)

icons_602_btn.jpg

Information
• Creep Camps
- 6 Green Camps
- 10 Orange Camps
- 1 Red Camp
• Neutral Buildings
- 6 Gold Mines
- 2 Goblin Laboratories
- 1 Goblin Merchants
- 1 Mercenary Camp (Lordaeron Summer)
- 1 Tavern
Previews
Contents

Menethil Ponds (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Good distance between players to avoid lame rush tactics. The undead will have problems against Blademasters because the starting mine isn't properly encircled by trees/doodads. Maybe you should place the mines nearer to the map edges instead. There...
Level 14
I really love the layout of the Map. The Beauty of this map is just Beautiful, since the size of the map is 192 x 168 maybe you could make it as a 4 Player map but that's only my suggestion wether you like it or not. The items are balanced, and overall I love the map

Rated:5/5

overall the map is Approvable!

Nice work @Remixer!

Let's just see what the other's can say......

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
The large size is due to the fact that I was originally strarting to create the map for Kam's altered melee Beyond the Throne which uses a lot of naval units, so the water wouldn't practically restrict movement at all, but so far he hasn't commented on it yet. I might indeed reduce the size as I think it is quite easily doable. Thanks for feedback.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Good distance between players to avoid lame rush tactics.
  2. The undead will have problems against Blademasters because the starting mine isn't properly encircled by trees/doodads. Maybe you should place the mines nearer to the map edges instead.
  3. There are spaces between trees especially on the east player's side. You can't go through them with small units from the start but that means less lumber.
  4. Building space creates a bit of a nuisance.
  5. The entrances to the closest mines can be closed with towers.
  6. Rather not that much gold for the expansions.
  7. There are a lot of choke points especially in the northern parts of the map.
  8. Kind of weird to find Boots of Speed at the guards of the Merchant.
It's not ladder ready but it's approvable.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/