• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Member Works For Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kam wow, you work for bliz now hey kam? nice. thats nice. im glad to hear that! =)

congratulations kam! thats special! and hey -- if you ever want some free help with wc3 models =D grant me a call! i'd love to leave a lasting impression inside warcraft3 its self, even if its for free! and small! like say, some plants or flowers? or even small things on some broken models, such as their hands, or tails being un welded. and un activated un used particle emitters. or even new particle emitters!

have fun at work!

Level 39
Dis. I mean it's cool and everything, but this doesn't sound like blizz intentionally chose a guy who is actually active/known around wc3 comm. Rather a coincidence?
Anyway, pls fix all the things, thanks!

Is that supposed to be the case? Sounds to me like he applied for a job there and got it. It's news worthy because he's a member of our community and he's now working for the company who made the game we are all modding. I don't think we're supposed to think that Blizzard came here and specifically looked for someone to hire.

Level 23
Is that supposed to be the case? Sounds to me like he applied for a job there and got it. It's news worthy because he's a member of our community and he's now working for the company who made the game we are all modding. I don't think we're supposed to think that Blizzard came here and specifically looked for someone to hire.
Cool, though that's not what I said at all. I said that it didn't seem to be relevant to their decision.
And no, I didn't expect that, I simply observed.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Great. Now Wc4 is sure to have more of that stupid naval combat from Wc2 we all hated so much.

xD

An absolutely flabbergasting & awe-inspiring circumstance, my man. You are every bit deserving of it, and I cannot wait for what you bring to Warcraft. Even if it is ships. ; )

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
This.
That's not my name.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Congratulations, Kam!
:thumbs_up:

Kam and the Classic team hard at work on restoring Warcraft 3 to glory:

... should be more or less accurate...
:grin:

Excalibur (film) - Wikipedia

He is apparently an old member but I do not recall ever seeing him...
Dis. I mean it's cool and everything, but this doesn't sound like blizz intentionally chose a guy who is actually active/known around wc3 comm. Rather a coincidence? [...]
You'd know who Kam is if you spent your time in the Map Development forum. Also this thing exists, and this, which was an initiative by Kam to expand on the Techtree Contest. Moreoever, Beyond the Throne.

I'm not saying you should know who he is, just that he ain't nobody :p

:sad:
Please read:
The Future of Warcraft

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
He is apparently an old member but I do not recall ever seeing him...
This reminds me when someone got appointed to moderator and then someone else would say “but I don't know him”. :p Let's just trust he's going to do a good job ;)
I believe I did interview @Kam for the news batches at some point! xD Congratulations @Kam!

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Congratulations @Kam ! Imagine if you hadn't send Morhaime that message all those months ago ;)
I'm so glad that you choose to be a part of our community and proud that Hive became your springboard into a profession.

But man, I've heard the interview you had with Back2Warcraft. Where's the enthusiasm dude! :D And know your Hive story! :rolleyes: "Do you know when the Hive Workshop started" and you replied "I do not" o_O

Regardless! May the seas be calm and the wind steady in your sails! Godspeed! And don't forget about us ;)

Also, I see that @Ralle forgot to change the color of your job title. We'll get right on that ;)

Congratulations @Kam ! Imagine if you hadn't send Morhaime that message all those months ago ;)
I'm so glad that you choose to be a part of our community and proud that Hive became your springboard into a profession.

But man, I've heard the interview you had with Back2Warcraft. Where's the enthusiasm dude! :D And know your Hive story! :rolleyes: "Do you know when the Hive Workshop started" and you replied "I do not" o_O

Regardless! May the seas be calm and the wind steady in your sails! Godspeed! And don't forget about us ;)

Also, I see that @Ralle forgot to change the color of your job title. We'll get right on that ;)

Significant events often result from small actions. Back in 2004 when I joined Hive I came from Wc3c looking for a more robust user base and I have yet to feel like this community is not strong. I don't foresee that changing in the coming years.

I am working on the enthusiasm! Introvert and such.

Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.