Infinite Dragonflight

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
284263-34213d35b849be5492129635bd00d5b2.png
Hey everyone! While I was working on my campaign, I used the stuff I made to put this together super quickly. I thought it'd be super cool and the whole concept (although I was planning it for a while) was remarkably simple to implement, just goes to show.

You can explore the limitless void, colonise it, nest your dragon, upgrade and grow, and destroy invading demons. It's functional but currently only has an intro and tutorial, just to build some hype. ^.^

The Demo is up. It's very short but I hope you enjoy the preview. I've decided to work on this until it's got a solid amount of cOnTeNt. :razz:

PROGRESS REPORT:

Hey, I got everything coded and then discovered even a minor addition murdered performance, which is a shame because the system works perfectly. In any case, I'll be converting it to Lua and making sure I've solved every bug, so it'll take a little bit longer. ^.^

Previews
Contents

Infinite Dragonflight (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Somewhat nice controls but not hiding the lower UI is really annoying. At least make an option to see stuff from a bigger distance since everything is like in the camera. However, using right click instead of another key on the left of the keyboard...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 72
This feels more like a system from the triggers and description. Are you sure it's a playable/working map? How much gameplay time do you say it offers?
If it's not finished and not even late beta, it should go in Map Development
Reply please if you feel like it should be moved to Custom Warcraft 3 Spells & Systems GUI / JASS / Lua

Level 4
This feels more like a system from the triggers and description. Are you sure it's a playable/working map? How much gameplay time do you say it offers?
If it's not finished and not even late beta, it should go in Map Development
Reply please if you feel like it should be moved to Custom Warcraft 3 Spells & Systems GUI / JASS / Lua
I swears it's a map. It has a little cinematic and a first tutorial and everything. It is a fully functional demo (several minutes to the rest of your life), dunno what that qualifies as. I didn't make it to be WCMDraft6 or anything.

I make systems so I can make maps. :cute:

It's intended as a teaser but I can roll it on at any time. I could add a hundred WoW quests or a billion mob waves right now if I wanted, but it'd just be pretending while I made More Content. I thought this would be more fun. :p

Technically a whole campaign (or multitude/actual game) just takes place on this single map, and I've uploaded the tutorial level (short as it is) - that's the gimmick in traditional terms.
:p

If you want me to fulfil some kind of initial content requirement, I can do that.

Also I'm more than happy for people to look at the code (since it rite dere), but it's still my special Iron Giant umbilical baby. Also the system itself (in technical whole) is the part that isn't finished, so wouldn't be right.

Ty for reading. C:

(Basically I just think I'm reliable for updates.)

Level 25
Technically a whole campaign (or multitude/actual game) just takes place on this single map, and I've uploaded the tutorial level (short as it is) - that's the gimmick in traditional terms.

If it has the campaign tag, it should be in w3n format or have a reason for being a pack of separate maps.
Yes, there currently are individual maps in the campaign section at the moment, due to some new rule where a single map from a campaign is considered complete (bad rule in my opinion), but at least those authors claim (?) they will continue with their projects and post more maps in the future --- from what you have said, this is just an individual map. It really shouldn't have the campaign tag.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 72
  1. Somewhat nice controls but not hiding the lower UI is really annoying. At least make an option to see stuff from a bigger distance since everything is like in the camera.
  2. However, using right click instead of another key on the left of the keyboard, ruins a proper chance, without stopping, to use other keys for abilities and such.
  3. Somehow I managed to make the dragon fly upside down... probably went too far up or something. Actually, it's because I tilted too much up. Can be fixed by doing that again but it's pretty annoying.
  4. Would be nice for the axis not to be inverted. Up keys leads the dragon to face downard and the down key up.
  5. The dragon mother suddenly froze and disappeared after talking about bringing milk.
supermuddydragonflight.png
Nothing else happens afterwards. There's no land to do stuff on. It's just empty space.

I can't approve this in this state. As I mentioned, this is more of a system than playable map.

Lacking for now.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited:
Level 4
  1. Somewhat nice controls but not hiding the lower UI is really annoying. At least make an option to see stuff from a bigger distance since everything is like in the camera.
  2. However, using right click instead of another key on the left of the keyboard, ruins a proper chance, without stopping, to use other keys for abilities and such.
  3. Somehow I managed to make the dragon fly upside down... probably went too far up or something. Actually, it's because I tilted too much up. Can be fixed by doing that again but it's pretty annoying.
  4. Would be nice for the axis not to be inverted. Up keys leads the dragon to face downard and the down key up.
Shoulda waited a bit longer, but I won't hold it against ya. Almost finished the update, too, wuz just taking a break.

I agree the lower UI is annoying, but also it's useful and faster than a custom one atm, so of all these things, this is the least likely to be changed immediately, at least I have no plans for it atm. I find hokey "I modded this" Warcraft amusing.

There's actually only so many options in the Warcraft editor for controls, so I've made the best choices I could. If you use letterbox mode, for example, it locks out a lot of controls.

The zoom has been altered (plus an option) in the update, partly because of that, and also there's an inbuilt Warcraft rendering issue to fix, and it helps.

Yep, I fixed the weird upside-down issue for the patch too. Roll value.

Key inversion is normal to me, but I'll put in an option for it.
  1. The dragon mother suddenly froze and disappeared after talking about bringing milk.
supermuddydragonflight.png
Nothing else happens afterwards. There's no land to do stuff on. It's just empty space.

Yes.

I can't approve this in this state. As I mentioned, this is more of a system than playable map.
That's fine, there's no need for you to be inconsistent for me especially and indulge my sense of humour. So we'll just come back to this after I've rolled out the update. It won't be the final update, but it'll have the gameplay and such you asked for.