• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's 2D Manipulation Workshop

Level 24
HIVE'S 2D MANIPULATION WORKSHOP

Hello & Welcome, to the Hive's 2D Manipulation Workshop!!

We are a group of modders who have focused our artistic talents on providing quick, freelance 2D art projects to the community upon request! Please read below to see how to get some awexome art from us!

Procedures, Rules and Information

The Request
Please make a post detailing the specific 2D art you want made for you, being sure to include all relevant information (size, shape, colors, file-type, desired changes, etc; see Hidden table below for more information). The more (specific) information you give, the easier it will be to make what you want! Good grammar & spelling is a plus. Images help.

The Rules
Feel free to request anything that does not break any of the Rules here at the Hive Workshop (not including the resource submission rules)

The Refusal
We reserve the right to reject any Request for no reason whatsoever. Freelance work, ya dig?

The Reinforcement
Requests made to help reinforce existing projects or new projects with a proven track record of progress may be favored over those that aren't

The Really Annoying
Please Don't Spam Requests! If possible, please wait until you have several smaller Requests built up & then ask them all at once.

The Reconnoiter
Please search the ARCHIVES before Requesting; we have been doing this for a while & what you want might already be done!

We no longer have a specified Roster, but all who have helped fulfill Requests here are listed alphabetically. Contributors, please let me know if I've forgotten you.

Pending Requests
millzy's Loading Screen [Unsure]
IcemanBo's Request [Unsure]

Last edited:
Level 17
Cool!

Umm... I need a Signature for my Map.

The Theme is Night-elvish, Mostly Lime-colored. Also the Shape could be everything. And for the Blank parts I need Transparent Color. That's All!

I'll be thankful if you do that.

AND also, Cool idea! We didn't have 2D Workshops 'till now, AFAIR.

EDIT: We have. But we don't have Signature workshops right?

Level 15
How to order an Avatar?

Choose a package-

(a)Basic:-

Details:
-Theme
-Main Focus
-Background

Type:
Select:-

a)PNG
b)JPEG
c)GIF

(b)Additional:-

Details:
-Theme
-Main Focus
-Background
-Animation
-Special Effects

Type:
Only GIF format can bring out the animations and special effects. GIF is a compulsory format.

Arrival of Avatar
When do you want the Avatar to be delivered? This can be discussed in PMs or VMs.

Problems
If you are not satisfied with the avatar, you are allowed to ask me to redo the avatar or get a minimum of "1" reputation if the maker is unable to redo it.

Payment
No payment is required! If you are generous enough, you give us Reputations or copy the link above ( in Ardenian's post) into your signature.

Editing
If you want me to modify your avatar, it would be my pleasure.

Last edited:
Level 25
Level 18
Hey Ardenian! Great to see you've opened up a workshop :D I would love to be the first simple icon request !

I just need a BTN/DISBTN unit icon for HappyTauren's ranger model :)

I can do that.

EDIT: Done! Edited from the millitia icon, looks like that but less blurry ^^
239559-albums8353-picture100350.bmp

Is that okay ?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=aaifmu

Level 37

Requester:
KILLCIDE

Subject:
BTN/DISBTN unit icon for HappyTauren's ranger model

Done

Resource Link:
1. Work by Windrunner29 -> LINK
2. I allowed myself to add more details -> This post

The feathers could need more work, but say what you think :)

I can do that.

EDIT: Done! Edited from the millitia icon, looks like that but less blurry ^^
239559-albums8353-picture100350.bmp

Is that okay ?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=aaifmu

Looks great guys! Thanks :D

Level 25

Requester:
Chen

Subject:
Signature for the Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread!

Pending

attachment.php

@Arad MNK: You have to wait a bit, I am doing it freehand to improve my graphical skills and if I don't get it to a good outcome, then I do it with paste, so it could take one or another day.

Woah woah woah WOAH! I never expected it to be that cool, but that's just impressive! Take my rep, and good luck for your future requests, I might join the team, but for now I got no time :( Though sorry for that, could you turn the color to yellow, anything just make it similar to hive's logo ;)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Great to hear and thank you :)
Here you go:
attachment.php

If I have some time, I go for the script that makes it exactly look like the Hive font, this orange and yellow variation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Requester:
Arak MNK

Subject:
Signature for map project

Pending

attachment.php

Forget what I said about freehand, I couldn't get ride of the Christmas look.
So, here is this, what do you think ?

Level 17
The Current Image is Awesome! Great!

It is Awesome:
Font
Lime Color
Leaves

Great job,
But, however, I Think a "By Arad MNK" should be added, And the Moon-thing, The Map is Foresty, not Night-elvish :D My bad...
And that Plank background should Be changed to Log I think.
And the leaves get Blurry at the End, doesn't it? Or it's just me?

Overall, GREAT JOB!

PS: Can't give reps to you again, Damn

EDIT: I Forgot to tell:

The ORPG part is better to be Green (Hive-like)
And the "By Arad MNK" better be Cyan.

You currently Have a Special place in my credits part!!!!!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Requester:
Arak MNK

Subject:
Signature for map project

Pending

attachment.php

What do you think now ?

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

this looks like a really fun thing to do :)

is there some empty space to join the workshop?

i only can make an icons as i am not quite sure i able to do anything else beside that.

Level 2
My first request.

I want to request a Avatar, and a signature.

I want a avatar, with this image:

attachment.php

About my avatar, it has a glow (Special Effect), with avatar sized, and edges, like this avatar (But removed the Hive sign (Credits to Ralle)):

attachment.php

For my signature, it is also related to my avatar. It has Sargeras background, it has my name, and it has signature sized. It does not have glow, or special effects.

Attachments

• Sargeras.JPG
    Sargeras.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 846
  • Faerie Dragon.png
    Faerie Dragon.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 885

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@-Drizzle-
I am not sure whether I understand.
The first picture with Sargeras should be re-sized to avatar size, have glow animation and borders like the fairy dragon one ?
The signature should be only the background of Sargeras, without Sargeras himself and your name instead ?

Level 12
Hey!

I need a signature which is related to my project: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/daelbarun-revenge-258782/#post2635921

I'm thinking like having the Night elf theme part on leftside then it goes over to Demon theme on the right side.
So in the Signatur i want it to be something like: Dael'Barun on the elf side and Revenge on the demon side.
The shape can you choose what fits it most.

Hope you can do it! :)
And good luck onward.

Level 2
@-Drizzle-
I am not sure whether I understand.
The first picture with Sargeras should be re-sized to avatar size, have glow animation and borders like the fairy dragon one ?
The signature should be only the background of Sargeras, without Sargeras himself and your name instead ?
Yeah, that's right.

Level 15
My first request.

I want to request a Avatar, and a signature.

I want a avatar, with this image:

attachment.php

About my avatar, it has a glow (Special Effect), with avatar sized, and edges, like this avatar (But removed the Hive sign (Credits to Ralle)):

attachment.php

For my signature, it is also related to my avatar. It has Sargeras background, it has my name, and it has signature sized. It does not have glow, or special effects.

So what character do you want to be in the Avatar?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Requester:
DUTY OF RS

Subject:
Signature for map project Dael'Baruns Revenge

Done

attachment.php

@Rex. There is only one big rule for workshop members: Don't get active without being assigned to do so.

It is great that you helped, don't get me wrong, but the rule exists to avoid exactly this issue.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Interesting.

You know, I'd be grateful for getting all unit and building icons of the original WC3 in all TCs (excluding icons that lack TC so far ofc). Let's keep it a secret what I need them for yet. :xxd:
No time pressure, priotize other requests if you want. I'm patient.

Regards

Shar

do you need help with some icons? perhaps i can help :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

do you need help with some icons? perhaps i can help :)

I think it is a good idea to split this request. So, for example, one does all human icons, one does all night elves icons, like creating packages for each race and kind of icons, but not all at once.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i am open if you need something shar :)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Requesting a signature for my project, Close Together

Image idea:
Two peons looking at each other (make the faces from the Peon icons (unless you have a better idea)) and a text "Close Together" in between their faces (preferably in two rows like:
Close
Together
(Doesn't need to be exactly above/below each other)

The background is transparent (Hive colour) and the text (Close Together) could be written in sea-blue colour (unless a better idea).