• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HERESY

HERESY

Heresy is a massive Cooperative or Vs Dungeon Crawler. It can be played by 1 player alone for a campaign like experience, with 4 players cooperatively, or with 5 players with one person playing as the Heretics in a Dungeon Master fashion. The 4 human slots represent the Paladin, Priestess, Holy Magistar, and Grand General heroes who must challenge the six dungeons filled with unique traps, bosses, and treasures. The Heretic player (optional) can control various monsters to ambush the players and set off powerful traps to defend each dungeon. The goal is to defeat the six Soulbound bosses.

Features:
Full Soundtrack! Each dungeon has it's own music theme!
Explore in any direction at will! The mini-map always shows available boss targets, regardless of the path you take your enemies will strengthen as you progress.
Epic boss fights! Fully voice acted events with unique attack patterns that are synced to their music themes. (A first in wc3 I believe!)
Treasure! Every boss, mini-boss and treasure room contain one of a kind items to benefit your heroes.
Play it in Reforged or Classic! Looks great on both but go with Reforged for that extra high quality.

Credits
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/btnwebward.54544/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hooked-peasant.48565/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/noose-witch.50715/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/stone-coffin.312485/
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/webward.49471/
Contents

HERESY (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site. This helps you with the...
Level 5
Hello!

Me and a friend tried this map out and its terrain is unique and stylish. Gameplay is fun as well and the abilities are varied enough, though it was frankly a bit easier than expected. We, however, encountered a bug at the part of the map with the Monstrosity (I don't recall its full name). The one that needs 3 generators to disable. We flipped all 3 generators simultaneously and it crashed. Not really sure why that is. He was a bit far from one of the generators however (farthest from the north-most generator). Other than that, fun map overall until we crashed.

Level 7
Hello!

Me and a friend tried this map out and its terrain is unique and stylish. Gameplay is fun as well and the abilities are varied enough, though it was frankly a bit easier than expected. We, however, encountered a bug at the part of the map with the Monstrosity (I don't recall its full name). The one that needs 3 generators to disable. We flipped all 3 generators simultaneously and it crashed. Not really sure why that is. He was a bit far from one of the generators however (farthest from the north-most generator). Other than that, fun map overall until we crashed.
Don't think I've ever experience a crash with the monstrosity before. You say you flipped the 3 switches at the very same time? There is a 1.5 second wait in the generator triggers so the special effects play after the lever moves, it's possible that wait is what caused it as it is linked to different special effect triggers. As for the difficulty yeah without a Heretic player it's pretty mild as the Heretic has a whopping 11 different units to harass the Hunters with and has special abilities for each boss fight. The spider boss for example there are 4 units that can immobilise the heroes as well as create slowing webs on the arena to aid the boss in catching its prey. You also don't get to see the six unique "Lair Traps" in each dungeon.

Glad you had fun while it lasted tho!

Level 7
I was wondering when you'd upload this project.
Your custom voice acting is still in i suppose?
Yep, I took out the intro movie tho. Focused on a 3rd map now, pic related. My spell making abilities have evolved a lot as well, got some really fun ones to harass your enemies with

Attachments

• CountTheSpiders.png
    CountTheSpiders.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 66

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by HERESY

Should the whole map be visible?
Abilities are pretty much standard.

It's a chill map, no rush, no forced/locked combat.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/