1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

Ghoul Defence

Submitted by opiemonster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Ghoul defense is a unique PvP Hero Survival Arena.

Upgrade your ghouls that spawn for other players and be the last man standing.

Equip your paladin with unique item combinations and specialize your ghouls with into 4 distinct types!

Updates:
- 09/12/2018 - Added flame ghouls, balancing
- 10/12/2018 - Updated all abilities, new starting items.
- 16/12/2018 - Balancing, bug fixes, more item combinations, fixed issue with tool tips not showing decimals
Previews
Contents

Ghoul Defence (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
(previous review: Ghoul Defence) Not completely new but something better at least than what else is there that's pretty much the same thing. Footman Frenzy has come a long way and it's much more advanced than your map which is too simple. As, I've...
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Honestly, there isn't much difference from Footman Frenzy maps. Actually, those are rather more advanced in what the gameplay is concerned.
    As of now, there's room for improvement in the creative aspect.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

2. opiemonster

opiemonster

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

You literally give give a 3 sentence review with no actionable feedback, what a horrible reviewer.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am sorry but I will not reiterate what it's obviously present in the map compared to Footman Frenzy. If you don't like my methods you can opt for any of the other reviewers I mentioned.
    What is truly horrible, is your way of impulsively responding to criticism. You should know well this is not the first of your maps to be reviewed by me. Not to mention, you've totally ignored the description related links I've provided.

Good weekend.

4. opiemonster

opiemonster

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well it's nothing like footmen frenzy, I suggest you play it a few more times online, to see the simplicity yet great fun this map has.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It has too many similarities.
    I'm not saying it's not fun. I'm telling you it's nothing new and doesn't quite get over Substandard at this point.

6. opiemonster

opiemonster

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Name 1 similarity, and name 1 bad thing about this map other than being similar to FF, and why does the map have to be something completely different, the point is to be fun.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    (previous review: Ghoul Defence)

Not completely new but something better at least than what else is there that's pretty much the same thing. Footman Frenzy has come a long way and it's much more advanced than your map which is too simple. As, I've already written, the point of approving a map is not for it only to be fun but also to not be too similar to other ones and if it is, at least to be of the same quality.

As for similarities:
    -a hero with units spawning regularly
    -a shop with items for the hero; a building to upgrade your units
    -upgrades for units; one unit type evolving

Differences:
    -everything happening in the same area whilst in Footman Frenzy there are bases but most of the action happens in the middle
    -no altar for hero revival (although there's an Ankh of Reincarnation item)
    -no towers, bases
    -only one shop
    -no neutral units (depends on the Footman Frenzy version to compare to)
    -no fountains
    -heroes can't attack heroes
    -units can't attack units

This is a good Footman Frenzy version to compare with: Ancient Footman Wars 1.4

Also, your map is more a mini-game and Footman Frenzy type (tags), not really Survival/Defense and/or Arena.

Shatter Charge says it stuns heroes for 0 seconds.

On a third glance, you are right even though I feel you could improve it more. Only ghouls is a bit repetitive.

Approved

8. opiemonster

opiemonster

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, thanks for the review. I've fixed the tooltip issue, thanks for pointing that out.