• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Future RP Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Ok, I was thinking of that but found out that using a fat/cartilage/iron mixture for the bones allow for grater range of changes and more stable ones.

Level 23
So the blobby form is the best. And it has a great torso section (arms, head design... :3)

It also occured to me that shows and games typically have wars iver systems as 2 fleets battling it out for control of the system. (like how SolMaster's campaign went in my systems) But, much more likely is to be battles in several parts of thesystem, with fleets spread out. A cruiser and destroyer versus a destroyer over there, a small battle group waging it out over there, freighters being ambushed in that corner, a base cleaning up the battle over there... All of them trying to secure parts of the system, until conmplete control has been acquired. Just how it is. Even in modern wars in the cities, the battles are widespread, and not everyone on oppositie sides, shooting eachother. :/ So, for future wars, I think we could keep that in mind. (not to mention the standard travel time at impulse between planets. So trasnportation like subspace is truly helpful. But even with subspace the battles are all over the system, and battles are ending and being stared.)

Last edited:
Level 35
What about a blob in a mechanism that produces a holographic illusion? Sure, you couldn't exactly 'touch' it, and it would be just an illusion that can be seen through rather quickly, but for stealth purposes it would be quite a useful tool.

Just an idea though.

Level 14
Name: Gelf
Home Planet: Hugan
Controlled Planets: None
Life Span: 200-500
Government: Clans
Leader: Clan leaders
Description: Looking like a large blobs, they are the Gelf. The changeling race of the galaxy. They can change their very being to protect themselves. Like changing into a bird to fly away but change back to true form when out of danger.
Other/History: DNA Taken from the earliest stages of the homo species, merged with various shape changing species to create the prefect adapters. Their creators are the fabled Fredolis, unlike their brother races, they reject their creators and started to become more cautious around others. They have a long secluded history, one where even outsider blood had been spilled. They have just recently went to space and created the clans. Each clan has a different culture to honor their ways. There are around 15 clans out in space.
All but two clan lives in the quiet rims of space, the goldenstar and the flamingwarriors. The goldenstar search for likely candidates for an alliance, their culture is Chinese like. Clan emperor Chung-Ali is one of the oldest clan leaders. The Flamingwarriors are like a army with culture based on the Romans. Clan Grand General Markus, sends this clan to explore and find tech. They have orders to protect any site at all costs. They are the few who fully based on military.
Each clan has a clan ship and several fighter based ones. A clan ship is a big ship holding the entire clan, it a home and base for the Gelf. Each is made according to the clans Culture, The Goldenstars is made to look like a big city with a castle in the middle. The Flamingwarrior's is made to look like a big cube. Even their tech is different, some have low level tech while other have higher level tech.
The Codes they follow state that no blood must be spilled needlessly. It also state if a convergence is called, it must be for a reason of great importance. A convergence is when all clan ships are called into a area, for a great reason like a war is called or a great find needs to be protected.

Level 3
New Rase
Name: Catagon
Home: planet"Lazerins"
Deap belive in there god Brakistl. fight all thoughs who dare try to destroy the temples
the temple ships mainly travel and spred the word of Brakistl. for there is noonther reason they survived the horrors of humanic colonys

parten my spelling and grammer

Level 23
Is it just me or is it the vaguest race sheet in existance? o_O
No government description, no technology description, no features? Life span? mentality? (how the race acts overall: mean, kind, cunning, militaristic, scientific, etc.) Where are all the essentials? All we get are the race name, home planet, and the fact that they are subjecting others to their religions, and wage wa on those who defile their temples. Rather lacking...

You could fill this up by looking at how other race sheets are constructed. That way, you can flesh out your race into something more believable and understandable.

Level 14
Yes, but be sure to be weary some of Sols arn't the best examples. Also is it me or does this seem a bit inactive. What seems to be going on? Is there an issue?

Level 10
Sol, hah! I dont think the rp really needs you. And Ive been busy with many other things. GF problems, friend problems, family problems, home problems, school problems (not as much), and video games. Though video games are very slim. I would love to go back but I would need an update on what is going on in the rp. And my story as well, I almost forgot to add that to the list.

Level 9
Here's My Idea:

STORY:

In strange galaxy named "[Still no name for it]",the humanity has sent spaceships in search of a planet with enough resources to continuate it's demands.They find a palnet,a Rocky planet with no living creatures.They named it [No name yet D=].After sending about 50 colonizer starships,they discovered the reason that there was no living being in the planet: There was no oxygen and no water.They were about to leave the planet,when they discovered something:The planet was full of crystals and rare materials.Then uncountable starships were sent there to colonize,set a large base and start the resource gathering.After 3 months,the planet was totally occupied by humans,families,cities,industries...But everything covered with shields to prevent oxygen failure from the Life Support Systems [the things that produces oxygen and water]. But,not everything is perfect... Space Orcs,Pirates in the eyes of humans,discovered the planet and launched a siege against it. Humanity,in and attempt to defend the planet,sent incountable starships to eliminate the Space Orcish threat against the peaceful planet....

Well that's my suggestion for the sotry,I know I know,this looks like a castle defense map but i'm sure it can be a good RP map. Also I would like that the creators of SotDRP participate of the creation of this map because they are really good. Sorry for any English errors.[Suggestion: Use the GF's models of Space Orcs =D.]

Level 23
Humanity is on the other side of the galaxy, out of the RP. We are technically playing in a spec of the galaxy, a very, very tiny part of a normal (always are HUGE!) galaxy (how huge is it? Well, an example would be Star Trek Voyager. They traversed the galaxy within 10 years. (72 of straight warp. Voyager teleported around and managed shortcuts.) Most of that trip would be at Warp, faster than light. With this in mind, the galaxy is a HUGE place. :p)

As for your concept of colonizing the planet... it's unreal. Modern scientists and astronomers are already able to tell the atmospheric conditions of planets in other systems. They have also been able to tell that one was molten, with probable patches of ground upon it. So, humanity, or any race, is not going to come to a rocky planet with no atmosphere, with ships of colonists, and discover it cannot sustain life for them. They would have already determined it's possible uses, and mineral content, whether all the way from another planet, or the use of drones and robots in any manner. Even a science team would be there long before the thought of colonists settling the planet would be discussed. And, trust us, we like to think we are smart enough to know what Enviromental/Life Support Systems do. :p This RP is a bit more realistic in the science than some others I've been in. It isn't entirely a "run around like a slobbering fool/madman doing whatever you want." as much as a carefully constructed collection of races, idiologies, and technologies. It's like an ecosystem. There will always be the hunters, and there will always be the hunted. It just depends upon the player to decide where they stand from time to time. :p

Level 14
That was an amusing read and seemed highly improbable. Even a race as young as humanity isn't that stupid. And space orcs? Only if a race was made and approved.
Also as previously stated you are highly mistaken. You are describing a potential warcraft map it seems and this is in no way a rp related to any of that stuff. Also you seem to think that I know the SOTDRP staff and that they would even consider making that map. And that wouldn't even make a rp map. You are adding a theme to it and restricting the gameplay to that theme. Perhaps a rpg map, but a rp map no. Also the rping community on wc3 is practically dead.

Level 3
Redue. i thinks its DUE for a redue. sorry for the crappy pub. exuse my grammer and stuff.

Fraction Lazacar
Races: catagonia, Lazerby(with a LAWWser no laser.) Brutin
Life Span: 70-80 (Catagonia) 50-60 (lazerby) 500- 570 (Brutin)
Goverment: Pope/high priest
Description: The poeple of Lacazeri are afriendly race even though theya rather protective of there Temples to the sun god Brakistl.
Brakistl in there Ancient text means Star. He in there text is to have Clap his mighty tail on the Star and created the big bang. And so the universe was made.
Races of Catagoin History
Catagons: Evolved form the same branch as the laxerby. they have a crooked beak, like that of a Eagle form earth( im makeing a comperison not saying humans are in this galxy)
hands and feet(has 3 legs) are webed with 5 toes and fingers. height: 2.6 meters
Lazerby; 4 leged 3.2 meters tall. Batlike winges enables the lazerby to fly. This comeing in handy when on the battle field. Covered in black and red scales or red yellow
Brutin: the first to master space flight in this part of the galxsy.(note i mean in the regoin of space.) They have 2 leges 3 arms . 1.2meters tall. They are hailed by the Catagons and lazerbys because they brought there own customs and relgion witch would become the greatest with in the 7 neboiring solarsyetems.There legs are stumps . they created hover chairs witch was ran on plasma energy fans that are rather silent.
Arms Are 2 feet longs the ones that cant buy a bruninca (named after the creator) use staffs (btw there feet are 1 foot.) There necks at rather long 0.8 meters. There skin are scales and it depens on there age old = grey. young = brown

Techonligy
Tey defend there sun with the most powerful star station in the region. they use miroors to create cloaking and a Woepon.they uce the suns rays to melt enemy hulls.
For deep space Ships they use plasma matter . Weapons are Pracicaliy paintball guns that shot Glass ball full of supper heated plasma . they ahve pacs that heat the plasma and stores up to 150 pelets.
For space battle They use Laser weaponty to its fullest. There beams are the wilth of a car tire.

sorry for the ingoanzaion and bad spelling and grammer.

i think its better that what i had before

New Rase
Name: Catagon
Home: planet"Lazerins"
Deap belive in there god Brakistl. fight all thoughs who dare try to destroy the temples
the temple ships mainly travel and spred the word of Brakistl. for there is noonther reason they survived the horrors of humanic colonys

parten my spelling and grammer

Level 23
I'm sorry, but I was ending up insane the more I read. Typos left and right in the second paragraph. :/

I can't tell if you are describing 3 species, or 1. And we really don't need the measurements of how long their wings, or necks are. But, scientifically, being the first space-capable race in the section of the galaxy (hard to believe. Civilizations die and are born. They would have to have been the first space-capable race in that area since the galaxy's creation, and I doubt their civilization could have survived that long. Also, if they were influenced by another race that came to their planet, I tend to think a space-fairing culture would resist a transfer to another race's cultures and beliefs.

Secondly, they would have evolved out of their wings, and would likely be too heavy to fly with them anyway. But, from what I read, you are merging humanoid lizards, birds (beak) and bats? (wings) I don't see hwo anything could evolve that way, unless another race created them.

Technology... well, it seems about equal to what everyone else has. So, if they are to have the current technological level, my guess would be that their civilizations collapsed a few times, forcing them to regrow their technology. Still, super-heated plasma within glass balls is an illogical method of attack, as the plasma would melt the glass, or the concussion from the firing process would shatter the glass pellet, spreading super-heated plasma along the inside of the barrel. I tend to think that I could easily wipe them out if their weapons aren't working properly. :/

Now, if you clear up some of the details, I am willing to rewrite it into a clear, elligable form so that everyone else will have a better time wrapping their heads around it. As it is, I can barely wrap my own head around the concept. It's smudging. D:

Level 23
You are not a native english speaker are you?

However, I can see that you have used your brain while making the races, and I can appreciate that.

Anyway, Var, Sector is a relative thing, for one species, a sector can be a quarter of the galaxy, for the other it can be the size of one square meter...

Again, Var, We on earth have a simular strange animal like that: The Platipus, it's space, evolution can take completely different direction, I'm not used to you saying such things Var o_O

As for the Plasma in glass balls thing, maybe you could make a device in the middle that creates a force-field around the plasma, which detonates on impact, or after a timer goes of, or just a few milliseconds after impact, the material of the device should be plasma resistant though...

About your spelling again, look at other people, read what they type for the words you mean, and adapt yourself to it (I use that, I'm not a Native English speaker btw). I Wish you best of luck with your language =D.

Level 3
Thanks for your constuctive critisim im getting a D+ in langauge arts it is my first language arts. and this is like my 5th time even trying to do this.

As for the Races. im taking lizards like Bird(No winges) like and rino (small legs) like Lazarby Catagon and the Brutin. the brutin came up With probes and small 20 maned ships. early star travel apon arival on there moom they found these to different speaices at war and some tribes in the middle not wanting to wage war. (the war was holding the Catagonias and laserbys back) They sreached for a proper landing zone form wich they were able to create a station/ launch zone. (Catagoniza air is made at of different nitogen while catagoia prime's air is made out of carbon dixside) There Doctors Found a way to Change there lung like organs (Graghitis i most likley wont even say this again) to acsept catagoizn II's air. When a suitible Team of Diplomats and Scientist were found they changed there Graghitis to acsept the different ai and there own air. (they also prepared 50 Troops fitted with the best weapons of the time,Minor laser weapons) The Catagons Welcomed the new comers the lazerby (who were failing in the war) did not. There was a large meeting of most of the tribe/clan leaders. they showed them there believes and there home. when they found the rare ore of Orbyte witch they used as fuel for there ships. a shirt war was fought. catagoina and the bruntin vs the lazerby. withing 687 earth days(1year on catagonia prime) the war had ended. lazerby gave in to The Brutin demands. Now if they look back at the war they laugh.

Tech ok insted of plasma for long range ships they use therma Energy witch is harvested on Gas giants. Weapons. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Plasma ? Packs with glass balls filled with plasma. Heated by friction than shot out to mealt enemy armor (tanks)
projectil weapons are used on troops.

Brutin: Short rstating roins with out horns and stowts. 2 legs 2 arms
Catagons: colorful feathered huminoids. with beaks like that of a eagle. 3 legs. 2
Lazerby: Lizard like with few feathers on the back of there head, feathers faceing down the back. 2 legs 2 arms

i hope this clears up some things. cause first i go dont go into detail than i go to deep into detail . . . what?

Level 14
It seems like it has potential, but in its state with the not only poor but mostly unreadable grammar I can't see it being able to be used. However, if it was rewritten with grammar that is understandable and several of the loose ends mostly stated by var fixed I believe it could be accepted.

Level 23
Again, Var, We on earth have a simular strange animal like that: The Platipus, it's space, evolution can take completely different direction, I'm not used to you saying such things Var o_O

... yes, well, I have. I'm just stating that one of the earliest races of a small area of the galaxy, would have evolved, and thus lost the use of their wings. And while I cannot even begin to figure out how the platypus came about, bat wings, and a bird beak on a lizard make for a very strange sight, along with stubby rhino legs. But, I think reasons can be figured out, as to why they have their legs, and beaks. But space fairing races would have to have used their wings an aweful lot just to keep them. (In the case of the Luminoth, they were "born in space", and found their homeworld of Aether after only a few years, and had traded with the Chozo, who had lost their wings due to a much longer civilization than the newly born Luminoth. [Metroid Prime series]) I'm just stating the likely loss of wings from their evolutionary development, as well as the fact that they would have to strive to keep their wings.
But, the main reason I bring up the chimera aspect, is due to the fact that a lizard-like species, covered in scales as lizards are, should not be able to have the furry/fuzzy bat-like wings. However, they would be more likely to had once had a more draconic wings, but, due to technological advancements replacing the need to fly, their wings would shrink till only the very base of the wings existed. (The section of the back that the wings grew from, like the human tail-bone)

Sorry DarkKnight, but I look at the evolution of races through a more scientific angle, as it makes the race more believable. But, I do that with everyone! It helps make the races and technological development more realistic, (why have gravity chairs when you can fly) and helps to narrow the concept to a single race and playing style, instead of having technological and biological traits to prepare them for everything.

The Chozo are an advanced race, but not even they are prepared for everything. It is the Admiral's quick thinking that has allowed them to survive as long as they have, once leaving their home galaxy, and the corruption that devoured their people. But, as far as physical traits, their reliance upon technology has deminished their more psychic aspects of their mind, as well as the loss of their wings. Through careful harmony between machines and nature, they attempt to keep their plumage (feathers), to remain what they consider Chozo. And this balance tests their innovation in every building they make. The military, however, thrives in technology, not nature, and thus, not a bit of nature appears on the ships, unless otherwise designed. This creates a gap between the civilian and military technological developments. It nudges their evolution away from nature, the longer they are on ships. The marine combat suits don't help keep their feathers either.

Level 3
ok . ill start to type it on my free time. thanks all for your help i hope you now understand the races and most of the history. my friend and ihave work to do.

Level 23
Stop right there!
You can keep your wings, becouse you have forgotten to look at one thing.
Maybe, their race has a mating ritual, where the ones who can fly the furthest get to chose their mates? That way, their race would still be strong flyers.

Level 23
Hmmm, I thought I wrote a bit about that. Guess I didn't. :/

Still, the heavy use of technology usually replaces any biological adaption they had developed. And yes, DarkKnight, you are correct; mating rituals (mating "dances" perhaps) could possibly help maintain their wing structure.

Level 23
Been a LONG time since anyone posted. (2 months! :O) So I think we need to revive this again. School's over. Come back! :D (also ahve a potential player now :D)

I think, to organize the information, as it remains almost IMPOSSIBLE to find races and technology, that we form a wikipedia of the information. It'd surely make it a lot easier, and could evolve into a catalogue of sci fi technologies if having it just for an RP seems to be too little a reason. (sci fi wiki, essentially)

Level 14
" Might be usefull, and we might use the info for future RPs =D (On a smaller scale in the same world perhaps?) "

I really like that idea... but do yall insist on the revival of this particular roleplay. Godmodding seems an issue. It seems like everyone, but me and Kamica have some giant uber fleet or technology.

Level 23
I only have a fleet of almost 1000 ships. However, my fighter drones are all completely automated, allowing half a million to be built. However, with a vast mining fleet, I allow myself to be able to stockpile minerals and fuel. However, I find military uses for a lot of my technology, and hope to adapt to new stuations. The Solar Mining Station is one such device. While commercial in use, the military has the power to use it for their goals. However, my ultimatum involving the station is a long, and very experimental task.

I design my races to avoid godmodding, yet get the most out of them. However, the Monstrosities exist to counter god-modding, but provide a sort of test to how much a player has improved.

But every RP has people who will try to god-mod, or appear to god-mod, at some point in its existance. It is inevitable. Lore-wolf is developing his race in the hopes of joining the RP as a more minor race on the fringe of exstinction. (Any other survivors were left in enslavement when his group escaped) So he has a very, very tiny chance of ever god-modding, and we all try to flush out god-modding as soon as it appears, and find a way around it.

god-modding is for those who can't make an advantage through technological or strategic means. (Mostly strategic) I avoid it, as I like playing fair, and if I am the badguy of the RP, i tend to leave myself open for possible defeats. :p It helps counter any chances of me godmodding :p

Level 10
Might be usefull, and we might use the info for future RPs =D (On a smaller scale in the same world perhaps?)

Though I would like to continue this RP, it seems like people lost interest. I think a new RP is in order. Maybe one that's more a blend of science and magic (it'd be kindof cool). I've learned that people don't like logic, so they toss most of it out the window. We, however, do, so technology would kindof be required.

Also, varsaigen and I have found quite a few people who were interested in a new RP, but didn't want science and technology. Maybe we can get them with my idea (They weren't interested in Order of Elders, a FANTASY RP).

I'm currently writing the plot for a comic I hope to make, so maybe we can use that. If you want, I can send you the intro page. Maybe you'll like it. I won't be surprised if nobody wants to use it for the RP. But at least it's more original. Maybe var can play the badguy too. lol

Level 23
I don't mind, as long as we don't have a case of Sol-modding XD.

Also, if we start a new RP, I think we should play in the same world, however as more minor characters, so that we wont be playing entire fleets, but just the journeys of a few people, we could situate it slightly into the future of this, where more races have connections with eachother etc.

I hope that this will make us engage in more personal action, instead of only communicating through hails.

Also, perhaps that at the beginning of the RP, a certain substance would be found, that has 'magical properties', and that anyone exposed to it, will get magic abillities to some extend, your character (if you want to be able to use magic) would have been near there when it was discovered.

The magic would still have to be sci-fi though, more scientific magic than fantasy magic (For example, Telekinesis is better to use in a Sci-Fi than summoning the undead.)

Status
Not open for further replies.