• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Future RP Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
ye it could be like this i'm under your direct command so it would be almost impossible for me to do anything what you don't want :)

Level 23
true, true. But there was a consent rule. An example would be someone coming in to play a Vultaran, the cruel, extremelt volcanic race. Having players in the same race heightens the risk to the race, and also can throw off the general idea of the race. :/

I'll have to think about it, but keep in mind, the Chozo are a peaceful race, though scientific and very military. They aren't afraid to get their hands dirty as they haul out the big guns. And, due to being in a new galaxy, their security is pretty high, along with the recent attack by the Holis, of which they are finalizing their defenses. So, due to security, the rules are strict at the moment, meaning a lack of free movement for military ships. But, overall in the racial mentality is the sense of logic and military disapline from their war-like past. (That's not to say everyone is born a soldier, just that they are all trained in self defense)

Chozo:
Peaceful (never starting a fight with another race unless in self defense or to aid allies)
Logical (like vulcans, but mildly open-minded)
Scientists (war)
Engineering (war)
Strong military background (war)
Adept in engineering and science, as well as the ways of war
(photon beam cannons, lasers (gattling gun has been seen in use), missiles, Cracker bombs and various other explosives, strong shields and good engines on capital ships, drone fighter/bomber/scout hybrid. (technologies developed mostly for... war)
Strong mining fleets, harvesting the nebulas, and asteroid/planets (gas mining fleet, and mineral fleet. Solar Mining station gives the fuel containers to freighters)
Nova Shield (designed to withstand the supernovas, as the sacrifice of power, and possible minor damage if not aligned correctly. Drains power from all systems and takes a few minutes to do so. A complete flush of power leads to surges and heavy damage from supernova. Crew will survive)
Jump Gate, 1 way gate unless connected to eachother.
Other technologies under developement: usually spur of the moment by the Chozo to adapt to new situations.

If you do play Chozo, I think it may be hard to keep them in character to the racial standards. Single character standards is no problem, but if in amilitary position, military policies apply. :p (they also respect the scientists, and engineers as that's how they get the guns and tech they want :p)

I could lay it out in greater detail if you want, but this is just a brief destription :p

Level 14
Sol your fold warp where you "fold" space sounds alost exactly like my Shentarions and Ugrentiens(and rather Koldir as well since they go it from the Shentarions) method of faster then light travel where we "fold space" to shorten the distance of travel. As stated earlier in this construction thread.

Level 14
You use wormholes not direct folding. Wormholes are basically black holes where Holis don't usually go. Direct involes a lot of power because you need to have a beacon and a drive matrix able of a fold. Mine is on more of a phase in and out thing.
The holis are being held out of this galaxy because they are rebuild their old one. So I thinking of playing a character as ether Chozo, Laminari or Zyomonari. I know about the melodari decedents Laminari and the warrior bird race Chozo but can some one explain the Zyomonari, as I don't know much about them.

Level 23
I now have Phoonix and Sol that have interest in being Chozo? Great, SolMaster, who controls the current opposition to the Chozo, wants to be able to play both sides... That would make it too easy to manipulate future battles D:

Sol, you moved the North'throdir off the path they were designed for. I fear you will do that to my Chozo, and make it much easier for you Holis to move in and attack. You'd be playing the ally/enemy role, and that is a bit too risky for me. Luckily, we have the owner's consent rule in place when it comes to developing charaters in the same race. :p

Level 14
SOL you are GREATLY mistaken. My faster then light travel uses no wormholes. You are mistaken with Kamica's common way of travel which is by wormhole. The Shentarions and Ugrentien's engines actually fold space. SO your "fold warp" would be copying mine from what I understand.

And the Zyomanrai I am afraid is set up to a point where any added character would have little to no role in any rp events due to them most likely only being able to be insane lower class people so I do not believe I would want another Zyomanrai character nor would it be any fun to anyone who made one.

Level 14
*Leaves and comes back with a old junk*
First off, the original Holis would have completely wiped out the Melodari but for this thread I made them weaker. So you guys can have a good time. Now I regretting my action there.
*Start to build something*
Second, I progressing into mild intimation of the original Holis. That way I have fold drive instead of the Time Travel drive I would normal work with. I would not need super weapon because the original Holis had time prisons. Now I thinking of using those now.
*The item looks like a ship*
Third, I have not lead any race made and for a friend go a stray.
*The space ship crumbles into the junk it was*

Level 23
You... are thinking of utilizing ancient Holis weaponry, likely in epic disrepair,a nd rusted out? Time prisons? Seriously? -.- I thought we agreed not to move into time-altering weaponry, unless it was stated in the lore with Elenai. And, after all these ages, I doubt such technology would still be functional, and any instructions for building new ones lost or partial. Besides, if you utilize them against me, it'll make it so much easier for you to simply "freeze" my fleets and move ahead to conquer Chozo planets without resistance. And I am not getting the Chozo messed up with temporal technology. I couldn't even begin to phathom how one would alter or bend it scientifically. So, temporal weaponry and devices result in a form of godmodding. And I don't think we want it so EVERYONE is immune to temporal attacks.

Besides, anyone caught in a temporal prison, if the space inside is slower, would become invisible. The light would slow down, and return to normal outside the prison. However, it would be so spaced out it would be visible for half a milisecond and be gone for another minute. To the normal ability of seeing without mechanical aid, they would simply disappear.

Level 35
Worry not, the warp ripper tears through space-time, and is immune to time altering devices. For that matter, all you have to do is distort space around you, and you can be free from such temporal messy-uppy things.

That being said:

Time-Devices: NO!

The Time-Dilation field was enough, but even then, it was only a shield....which has been made obsolete thanks to Warp-Offensive weaponry.

Level 14
Elenai, the original holis went toe to toe against the Slavine. Oh ya, none of you have traveler, journey man or played in the games I'm in. The slavine are some what like monstrosities, but smarter and darker then the monstrosities. They would literal wipe the universe of all life, even humans could not stop them. Now, I fell like bring those in. No, they would take out the universe. I hate when they would have the fleet converse on an system and start a blood bath. So I have faced worse then the Melodari. Most of the races died. The holis, the dorgonagi and the Medane were one of the few that survived and we were weakened. The ending battle of the game was that the last holis ship had activated a time prison that sized a galaxy.

Level 35
....when did this occur in this RP?

In all seriousness what your Holis have done in "Other Roleplays, or games" matters not much at all....if we are going to go into that I'll just bring in the old Celestial Elf god Etheriel right now and burn the whole universe in Righteous Magic....for all that matters...or call down Laminad himself. >_>

Level 14
*ON the last straw*
For this RP, I made them weaker then their originals on a different RP. Now I making them pale copies of their originals.

Level 35
Well that is perfectly fine; I'm only saying this:

"Don't say that the Holis of a different roleplay, with completely different rules, and lore...can defeat the Melodari of THIS RP, so easily as you tried to claim."

Because "That" RP, is not "This" RP.

Got it?

Level 14
*mental break*
THAT IS IT, YOU GUY ARE NOW DEAD. I CALL UPON HELL ITS SELF.
*Now will end this RP*
One thing before I do this, sorry to the other who don't on a daily basis, don't try my wraith. Also to gath, sorry but Elenai had broke on my last straw. If anyone can convince me not to do this it you.

Level 23
We win SolMaster. Besides, why are we supposed to beg for mercy when you haven't told us what it is you are going to do to us? And... I've managed to beat you when you had vastly superior numbers. Now, I have properly calibrated defenses and am actually ready for you. I'm sorry that you think us unfair for not letting you go by the events of other RPs to justify your race's power, but even my Chozo in the RP they came from were vastly different. Imagine it more like dimensions. Each scifi RP is a dimension, and one Holis empire is different from another. In another dimension/RP, they froze the galaxy in stasis. Just like in another RP/dimension, the Chozo hadn't left their galaxy, and had met other races, other technologies, and existed by the same name and leader of Black Sun. It is completely seperated for a reason. And that is to keep things fair and balanced. I had new technologies in my last scifi RP that I am not touching in this, strategies I doubt I will use. Events are different due to what has happened. Welcome to a new dimension, SolMaster. People may have feared the Holis in another RP, but this is different. Different races, different events, different outcomes and tech branches. And nothing will make the Holis as they were in another RP. Nothing can make my Chozo as they were in the other RP they were in.

So yes, we will simply ignore your threats to extinguish our races, to bring hell on us. Just because you don't get your way, doesn't mean its the end of the world for us. Perhaps a break from the RP would do you well. Some clean air to cool your mainframe. After all, the brain is a computer. :p

Level 23
Sol, This thread was started by Gath, therefor, Gath is the owner of this RP, if you do anything that Gath doesn't like, Gath only has to go to a local mod, and talk to get your ass banned, either only on this topic/forum, or on the entire site... who knows...

Level 14
Due to your intensive disrespect, poor roleplaying skills, and constant godmodding and attempts of godmodding it has come to the time SOL where I must ask for you to leave and never come back to this roleplay ever. I believe we have all had enough of your crap so please leave or I will be forced to take "other" methods of removal.

Level 10
I'm actually surprised at how easily he was infuriated. It's amazing that he was comparing this RP to a different one, and that he keeps forgetting the rules here.

Elanai, you handled yourself well, gave him the facts, and didn't get angry. Good job. XD

If Sol bothers to read my post here, I would suggest that he gives up the time devices, as it's a cheap way to get around problems, and actually requires less problem solving. When I faced Gath's forces, I tried a few things, and ultimately ended up as "just keep shooting".

This is a different RP afterall, with different players, and different laws of physics. Sol, you have been playing with smart people, and if you don't like smart roleplaying, too bad.

Also, I'm very surprised you tried to justify your Holis having time weapons by using another RP as an example. Also, a ship would not be able to create a time dilation field for a whole galaxy. That would require too much power, and even then, it wouldn't be able to do it with a solar system.

Level 14
I concede all rights to the Noththro'dir. The Holis are in their own galaxy and won't disturb or be disturbed. I give up all rights as a former member to continue on as said races. I give up the right to make one, as I will give up the right as a member of RPJ to harm this thread nor the right to help it.
Signed, SoLmaster

I will end the holis, that the right I still hold. The Norththro'dir are up for grabs. I acted out of anger and payed the price for it. This is half of my good bye. I am truly sorry for my behavior and will not ask for your forgiveness. I have failed my code and face a far greater price, so justice is done on me fully. Fare well, may you have better luck then me.

Last edited:
Level 23
This is a different RP afterall, with different players, and different laws of physics. Sol, you have been playing with smart people, and if you don't like smart roleplaying, too bad.

I'll take that as a compliment =D

@Sol.
Bye, though I'd say that you are welcome back when you have learned to not god-mod, making weaknessess for yourself, and just improve your general roleplaying in general.

Last edited:
Level 14
I walked for 3 days. I look into myself. I became as corrupt as my enemies. I now seek, as I fell, to improve myself. I learned the rules and now is committing them to memory. I working on a race, the Gelf. The more I work on them, the better they fit.

Here's what I got so far. Any help will be grand.
Name: Gelf
Home Planet: Hugan
Controlled Planets: None
Life Span: 200-500
Government: Clans
Leader: Clan leaders
Description: Looking like a large humaniod, they are the Gelf. The changeling race of the galaxy. They can change their very being to protect themselves. Like changing into a bird to fly away but change back to true form when out of danger.
Other/History: DNA Taken from the earliest stages of the homo species, merged with various shape changing species to create the prefect adapters. Their creators are the fabled Fredolis, unlike their brother races, they reject their creators and started to become more cautious around others. They have a long secluded history, one where even outsider blood had been spilled. They have just recently went to space and created the clans. Each clan has a different culture to honor their ways. There are around 15 clans out in space.
All but two clan lives in the quiet rims of space, the goldenstar and the flamingwarriors. The goldenstar search for likely candidates for an alliance, their culture is Chinese like. Clan emperor Chung-Ali is one of the oldest clan leaders. The Flamingwarriors are like a army with culture based on the Romans. Clan Grand General Markus, sends this clan to explore and find tech. They have orders to protect any site at all costs. They are the few who fully based on military.
Each clan has a clan ship and several fighter based ones. A clan ship is a big ship holding the entire clan, it a home and base for the Gelf. Each is made according to the clans Culture, The Goldenstars is made to look like a big city with a castle in the middle. The Flamingwarrior's is made to look like a big cube. Even their tech is different, some have low level tech while other have higher level tech.
The Codes they follow state that no blood must be spilled needlessly. It also state if a convergence is called, it must be for a reason of great importance. A convergence is when all clan ships are called into a area, for a great reason like a war is called or a great find needs to be protected.

Last edited:
Level 23
interesting. I agree on the energy/mass aspect. I have to question the 1000 year lifespan. They may be able to flex their cells to mimic other species, but I would think that could shorten their lifespans. Perhaps 120-150 at most.

I really don't know about the human-like part of their appearance. I think, overall, we are trying to limit human-like from the RP. Although, the zerg changeling (ignore the illogical tail) is interesting, and is capable of rapidly assuming new forms. With this, they have the carnivorous tendencies, but still maintain the ability to warp their form, and even change skin pigmentation. Their multpile eyes would allow them to see around them, and they would be very flexible. From the story they were featured in for Starcraft II, they are incredibly fast! Also capable of latching onto walls and ceilings.

with it being an older Fredolis creation before the Holis, I am sure some of the creations would have been monstrous. This, however, could be an example that managed to escape or was released after being "tamed" for civilization to begin in it's race.

I really don't know about the clan ships though. The castle part sounds like the Atlantis city ship, while the cube sounds like Borg. I don't mind the city-ship concept itself, but how you described it is questionable, as not enough details are given to seperate it from other examples. As for as geometrical ships go, spheres are the best defended, as there are no corners to try shooting enemies around, and allows sight and angles at any area around the turret.

Level 14
Fit part of it. The Gelf have 15 different types of Clan Ships so one of those might be a sphere. It part of their ways, to have each clan different but have they same from, base language and currency.

Level 23
Hmm... I like the concept of different nations (clans) in one race, and changelings aren't bad for me, though there should be a limit in size, for example, if your normal size is human-like, I'd say that you'd be able to get about as large as.... a horse or something a bit bigger perhaps? And about as small as... a decently sized bird of prey? And, I'd say that they would keep their mass (Someone seen the anime Full Metal Alchemist brotherhood, or read the manga it's based on? There's a shapeshifter there that keeps it's mass no matter it's size, in other words, if it becomes small, it'll still be just as heavy as it was before) Anyway, if you keep to the concept, and do not try to be involved with everything happening, but instead allow things to happen, and perhaps accidentally bump into ONE thing (not one after another after another) it should be fine I guess =D.

Level 35
Just be aware though, that there will be many things you cannot emulate. One example would be the Laminari 'glow' and their latent telekinetic powers which are used in day to day life. (like stirring soup from half way across the room)

But as for minor disguising and general shorter term stealth, I could see this as a very useful and very good trait for your race.

Level 23
a point I was about to make, DarKnight. :p But I think the transformations would be a bit more like flexing the body's cells to imitate different parts of another race, like hair, and skin being smoother, and softer, more fragile, while surfaces like claws and bones would simply be like muscles, tensed to become stiff. But one thing that wouldn't be imitated would be the mental status of the target specimen, as well as the mannerisms of the race or subspecies.

But the mass/size nessessary for changlings, as they would not be able to condense all their cells into a pidgeon. Can you? :p So yes, a small horse, or a very large bird. The only way they could even hope to imitate anything the size of a young elephant would be to leave their form hollow, and thus fragile to possible attacks.

But what exactly is the origional form going to be? a humanoid form would require bones, and that is hard to change. A muscular form, like the zerg's changling would be more likely, as it can be flexed to mimic other chapes, just like the mimic octopus does. With the muscular form, the muscles can be flexed to different strengths to imitate different parts of the body, like bones and other shapes of muscles, even horns and teeth. :p

Level 14
Everything has to have a true form. What about when they are born before they even know how to change shape unless it instinct. What do they look like? But like var said it seems like it would be more of a muscular mass then a definite shape.

Level 14
The true form is Humanoid ish, but like what var said. They can control their trait to gain weapon. (Clawed hands, Spikes and other natural weapons), The flaming warriors are bio tech based so they can alter their physic to have bio weapons like photon blades and energy guns.

Level 23
photon blades and energy weapons aren't biological... It's technology.

Besides, think of how the species would evolve. They wouldn't ahve a humanoid origional form, as they need to be able to flex their bodies to imitate other species. It's almostt impossible not to kill or cripple yourself if you are changing chape from ahumanoid to something else, even another humanoid, with a human-like skeleton. Anything close to bones would shatter and be difficult to sort out. So, they really would be blobular, but capable of holding a prefered shape for a time being. (I tend to think they blobulate when they sleep or go unconsious) So, for a morphiong species, they cannot have bones. Evolution would dictate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.