• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Future RP Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
That's not what I meant. But going along with what you just said, almost everyone would go for some form of magic. It's only natural to want more power.

I'm actually getting tired of science RPs, as people have vastly different versions and definitions of weapons, ships, shields, etc. It's irritating.

But what I was saying was an RP that was unrelated to this one. It'd also be easier to do, since this RP's lore and history is so messed up now. All the good history was made by Elenai, and I remember a few people trying to tie their in with that.

Starting a fresh, unrelated RP would be much more fun, and would be easy to keep seperate. My idea was a parallel universe to ours, where the races on the chosen planet would have slightly advanced technology, like teleportation pads for transportation from city to city or district to district.

I'm having to edit it on a larger scale to keep from copying others, so a full, detailed description of the RP may take a while. I'm also still creating ideas and the lore (which is relatively simple, so far).

Level 14
Why don't we lean towards the past? Maybe making magic a very hard to learn and maybe even reserved for a few NPCs. Start the characters on very beginning levels. Like a lot of rpgs do.

We could do something not as free, but with a dm or gm if you would prefer.

Level 10
A DM or GM may have his own plans for what happens, while others may want to do their own stuff. Heck, his plans could be utterly horrible, but you'd have to play by them. I prefer the freedom of plot development, where many things are going on at once, and everyone creates one massive, multi-layered plot. It truly is easier that way.

As for the magic, it shouldn't be that hard to learn. Once you get the hang of it, things come much quicker. Besides, if your species or family is adept at magic, then it should be very simple, and people of younger ages will be able to use it.

Level 23
A DM or GM might have a general story in mind, however it is not like he will say: You cant do that! If its not god-modding, you can still throw around the entire story, the GM/DM should throw in random events, handling NPCs etc. You could ask the DM/GM not to make a certain story.

Level 10
Maybe. We could do that, but what he has in mind may take longer tahn anyone wants. For example, some people may want to just break into a fortress, but he made it soo large that your patience is dwindling. That wouldn't be much fun. And, maybe he requires that size for a specific creature, like his main character in the original Order of Elders RP, Hellion. He's about half the size of the Empire State Building. That's pretty large.

Level 23
Well it beats shoving the ruler of the world, Hellion, into a fortress-size for humans. It'd be like a cage. So, it really is more of a human fortress, scaled up in that example. To put it in simpler terms, it's Jack and the Beanstock, but with the giant's (dragon's) house as a fortress, even for the owner. But one must take size in consideration when planning out such events, as well as how it would best be laid out for the invaders. As much as I would love to have an inpervious fortress, I have to make sure people can still break in somehow, like with my systems in this RP.

Level 23
Well, there was a person once, his nickname was Orc, he created a space RP, in which he was the GM, and it kicked ass.

Also, he applies an interresting princible, he does not believe in something being overpowered, if somebody has something realy powerfull, that person will have to pay for it with difficulty (For example, if you have a massive empire with massive defences, then expect that empire to be attacked from all sides, betrayal from the inside, and natural disasters, while people who have a character with only a lion-cloth, will have a life of easyness)

And sacrid, I have no idea what you mean =/

Level 14
Orc basically believes that you can have anything in the world as long as you can explain it throughly enough.

Anywho. If you are all free then it gets so chaotic you have people wanting to rp so they pop up in your base. You have people using the freeness as a way to imcorperate godmodding. A DM brings order to the rp.

Also what we do is so massive and we are always playing probably the best character in our race. We need a rp where we play completely unknown adventurers who have the opertunity to change the world starting out with promise, but lacking in equiptment and possibly skill. Single characters traveling throughout towns aiding people in several quests, growing a name for themselves fighting against overwhelming odds. We could focus on the smaller things in life. Like joining an army and fighting in a war, but not the commanding officer. Searching out knowledge in mysterious arts and skills. Traveling through the woods and finding off a bandit attack.

Something like many rpgs are built upon. Something great.

Level 23
Sounds interesting. I think such an RP could be great! Too often people are the powerful elites, but people like Lore-wolf take the backside characters, often with a huge advantage, and from what I've seen, use them quite well! :) So I think that if that idea is used, that that RP could turn out great!

I guess that's kind of how I justified my technology and anyone elses for this RP. But I also sought out ways that I could throw a wrench in my plans, especially with my ultimatum to help balance out the possible godmodding that it would be viewed as. (Still uncertain as to whether I should unveil it or not. I was hoping to do so on however put me at great risk, like Sol's attacks, as undramatic as the ending was...) However, despite my pattern for justifying things or figuring out how it is possible, and thus balanced, I always strive for a fair game. It makes things more interesting and fun that way. :)

Level 10
Lol then my RP would be perfect for that. If you're willing to play a magic RP with a limit to technology, then tell me. Most of the technology is in archistructure and the big cities. Smaller towns have little technology, so they have a harder time. Also, it's much more dangerous outside the cities. It's not like the main city has a 200 foot wall to protect itself. There are no laser guns or anything like that. XD

I've reworked my story into something that should be easier to understand. The main characters in my comic version are just like Gath said. They're minor people; average highschooler, a sister who's a teacher at that highschool, and an escapee from a high security tower in the very center of the city.

Please tell me if you're interested. Depending on what you say, the RP may be made. Please note that there are no humans in the story, since it's a parallel universe. I would also hope that people don't pick aliens, since trying to explain why there are so many different races on one planet would be very difficult. There is really only one civilization on the planet, and I do have a good plot.

If we go with my RP, I'd have to be the DM, since I know it better.

It would be nice to get away from a scifi RP, right? Too many things to explain, makes it chaotic. I just hope you don't find me wierd for preferring magic RPs.

Last edited:
Level 14
What was your races Dark??

Anyway I will begin trying to create lore and maps and such and other things pertaining to the roleplay. BTW how would yall like a human only roleplay?

Also sacrid sounds interesting would like to possibly read more about it.

Level 10
DarkKnight had the Koldir, who I slaughtered. I was actually expecting a swarm of ships to push me back to the sun, where I had all of those solar powered laser turrets. XD

Humans are overused in RPs, and I've from what I've seen, they screw up the RPs. Either the players are bad, or it's the characters. Generally, aliens and mythical creatures seem to do a lot better, as we seem to know more about them, than us. lol

It may also be because more Rpers prefer to play as something that isn't human, to help them escape from their lives. Does that make sense?

It also occured to me, a few hours ago that you guys may not want to play a fantast RP, noting that we've been playing a heavily scientific future RP. lol

Level 10
That was actually how my RP idea started, but then I realised that it would be very inconsistant, noting that people would just keep adding armor until attacks do not phaze them or their machines. It may not have to move much to do what it needs to.

lol I can believe that. But it's the only safe way of keeping me away from your planet. XD However, since I had radar and communication jammers, you'd be practically blind. XD
Oh, and I still have a station around your sun... protected my solar powered laser turrets. XD

Level 23
sci fi + fantasy with magic = Magic-sourced nukes. Necromantic bombs/missiles, and arcane armor and weapons. Not good for the survival of an RP. I think a more fantsy-based RP would be better. But I fear we could be supplying sacrid with ideas for his comic, and be limited to how much he has developed the universe he's making. Instead, I think we should all develope a seperate universe together.

As for humanity... our games, movies, and other forms of entertainment often finds in favor of our race. So I really dislike having humanity in anything I'm in, as it seems that humanity is more capable of surviving, adapting, and outsmarting their enemies. So, I find in favor of excluding humanity all-together. We're boring enough in life without throwing ourselves into our escape from it all, and into our fun. :p

Level 10
I don't mind people having ideas for my universe. Those ideas could help me generate new ones for my comic. lol I'm always searching for new ideas, and I'm actually hitting roadblocks in my plot. I think I'll have to start drawing again. Maybe one day, this'll even become a graphic novel. XD (But that's a hope, and I doubt I'll achieve it.)

I'll write a pm of the lore and send it to you when I get time. In the mean time, feel free to post any RP ideas you have. I find it helps to have more than one person working on ideas. Don't you agree?

Level 10
I didn't say I would take your ideas, I said "Those ideas could help me generate new ones". Geez, read it right next time. And my hope is to be able to sell it, yes. but right now, I only have four pages. The art needs a lot of work, and I've been focusing on writing plot for the last four days (out of order, I might add). People draw inspiration from lots of things, such as RPs. It happens, whether you like it or not.

You also seemed to ignore the fact that I also said "But that's a hope, and I doubt I'll achieve it". Now please, ignore that and move on. Right now, I just want another good RP.

Level 23
for a mago-scifi RP, or any such story, I sense that there would have to be some sort of government restrictions on the magic, due to the possibility that people would feely use it without repercussions. Having several billion people having various powers is dangerous, and can lead to a lot of problems. Imagine the crimes committed Oo

Level 23
You could make it so that magic is already in people, but it is very weak, only with a certain device, which would be implanted, would the magic reach its full potential, and getting such device is just like getting your drivers license, it costs a lot, and takes a lot of practice, and you will only get it if you are ready =3.

Level 10
lol What a coincidense. here is my intro. Please ignore the Caps-lock, since I did this for a picture, not for word. XD

"ALARIA: A MYSTERIOUS WORLD FILLED WITH WONDERS BEYOND YOUR WILDEST IMAGINATION. FROM MULTIPLE COLOURED MOUNTAINS, TO VAST RIVERS OF SAND; FROM CITIES OF PURE, WHITE STONE,TO DARK CAVERNS FILLED WITH COLORFUL CRYSTALS; THIS PLACE HAS IT ALL.

FORMING ITS ROOTS IN ANCIENT TIMES, AN ORGANIZATION CALLED THE GUARDIANS WAS FORMED, AND PROTECTS THIS WONDERFUL WORLD FROM THE GRASPS OF EVIL.
HOWEVER, NIGHTMARISH CREATURES FROM AGES PAST ARE RETURNING TO CONQUER ALARIA, JUST TO SHIFT THE BALANCE OF THE UNIVERSE IN THEIR FAVOR.

AFTER THE FIRST WAR WITH EVIL, EVERYBODY HAS BEEN GIFTED WITH SUPERNATURAL POWERS – EACH WITH THEIR OWN, UNIQUE ABILITIES WITH WHICH TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. HOWEVER, ONLY A GUARDIAN CAN UNLOCK THEIR FULL POTENTIAL.

BUT THERE IS ONE PROBLEM – THERE HAS BEEN LITTLE TO NO CONFLICTS IN THOUSANDS OF YEARS, AND THEIR POWERS HAVE WANED. PEACE HAS BRED LAZINESS AND IGNORANCE. THE POPULACE HAVE FORGOTTEN THEIR DARK PASTS, LOWERED THEIR DEFENSES, AND EVEN PUT RESTRICTIONS ON THEIR POWERS. BUT EVIL LURKS AROUND EVERY CORNER, WAITING IN SECRECY – AND THEIR PLANS ARE NEARING FRUITION.

CAN THEY BE STOPPED BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE?"

I hope this is good enough. I am currently writing a future chapter with a machine. So yes, there is some advanced technology in the world, but only the best is controlled by the government.

Level 23
I like it, however, I dont feel like RPing it for one reason: EVIL.

I am realy starting to hate the: OMG, There is like, this good force, fighting this, like, uber evil force, which wants to DESTROY THE WORLDZZZZ!!!.

No offense, I am just getting bored by Good and evil cliches >.>

Level 14
Oh, but that's just how RPs work. It's not like we're RPing the everday life of a commoner. That'd be boring. This gives some plots one could follow, and many many subplots as the characters travel the world. lol

Yes but the evil needs to be in moderation instead of having a giant evil force bent on the distruction of the universe, have a few "evil" forces and "good" that are evenly matched and are struggling back and forth.

Or you could make a twist such as there is someone who is so good that they are evil. Like the only way for evil to not exist is to destroy everything.

oorrr.. how about something truely interesting. A roleplay were we are dragons.

Level 10
lol I made one once, butwhen everyone's characters were approved, they all left. The RP wasn't even started. And it was good too. I guess we could go with that. I have a great dragon character in Elders, so I can just pull her over here. XD I don't think it'd be a bad idea to have var and/or me as the bad guy(s). Var's proved to be very good, and I'm pretty good too, but no one seems to notice my evil deeds. D:

I can pull my dragon RP over here if you want. It's called Legend of Darkness. http://sacridshadow.webs.com/

Last edited:
Level 23
Uuhm... an enemy is not always evil >.>

It IS, however, oftenly evil in the eyes of the country itself.

However, what is TRULY great plot-stuff (dont use this for the RP, for it wont be as good anymore) is that you have been fighting against said evil (the enemy) and then find out, that your enemy is actually doing the good thing, and your own nation is doing the evil thing =3.

Still, there is no clear definition between Good and Evil, since it are opinions.

And I have had GREAT RPs where there was not just someone good and someone evil >.> Gray areas RULE!

Oh, and about the dragon RP... I LOVE DRAGONS! =D (Gath tried to make a dragon RP as well, which also failed... unfortunatly =()

Level 10
Actually, there is a fine line between good and evil. A truly EVIL man would be someone who slaughters thousands based on religion, race, or for political means. One example would be Hitler.

Anyways, I'm thinking about recreating the RP. I wish we had access to the Social Groups. I'm sure they can check every few months and clean it up some. I hate having to use theads for RPs. You can't keep your stuff together.

If we go with a dragon RP, I say we use my title, Legend of Darkness, for it. It fits the RP well. Now, would you guys want a new idea for the RP, or would you be willing to stick with the one I have on my site?

Level 23
In the current RP with dragons, Hellion, one of the last surviving members of the Order of the Void (He and Devilak are the last two Void Lords) had ruled the world with his fellow Void Lords, but were brought down by a massive uprising by a resistance of heroes. Devilak and Hellion, being dragons, were too strong to be killed, and could not be contained in simple artifacts, so, were instead sealed away inside the bloodlines of other dragons. Over the course of a thousand years, and all but forgotten, the two wore away their seperate prisons, and finally were loosed upon te world.

Ultimately, no one really stopped me in taking over the world >_> I had to force any such interaction, but it resulted in my opponents simply fighting for survival, more than trying to stop me. :/ As with many other RPs, i find I tend to rise to the top, so perhaps playing less of an important character would be a good thing. But I don't mind controlling hostile NPCs if they are in their right mind. I tend to make battles more challenging XD

Level 14
Well this is what I wrote up for the dragon roleplay I wias attempting on FWRP. (The same kamica is thinking about)

Some of you may be wondering what exactly a dragon is or how I intend for a dragon to be during this roleplay. Below you will find answers. Keep in mind that I did an unbelievable amount of research on the subject. Most of this is a popular choice for what a dragon is as well as a bit on my beliefs.

As far as I am concerned the only dragon in my roleplay is what is commonly referred to on Earth as Western Dragons. Eastern Dragons are nonexistent and further more will not be mentioned and the Western Dragons will be only known as Dragons.

When Sir Rone of Thairr came upon me in my chambers I was about to have the guards remove a lost hooligan. He was capped with mud and bleeding from dozens of wounds. His armor was dented, gashed into something resembling scrap metal. I looked at him in awe. What had caused this what could possibly of caused this. What animal could almost kill our best knight and his bodyguard. He spoke quietly and raspy. A closer look at his neck reveal it was slashed this man seemed to be running on pure willpower and adrenaline. He looked straight at me with a weak gaze while he spoke. “Two..wee… raided their, uhh nest. Two. Male. Mate. Here. You..sa..id ..you needed.. to examine.. dra..ggo...” He dropped then, crumbled into a lump of blood, cloth, and metal. I looked behind me out the window. I could see them dead in the courtyard. Excitement overcame grief as I raced outside to them… The days following were amazing. I was able to dissect both the male and female corpses. The information retrieved was astronomical to say the very least. It was the beginning of a wonderful study. The Dragons had seemed to appear from no where into our lands several years ago. Now they can finally be understood.
~Allen Aflores Rumasa, Grand Scholar of Thairr
The Year of our Lady Larissa 12,452 AC (After Creation)
Great Tome of the Dragon~

Anatomy and Psychology
The skeletal structure of a dragon is like none ever seen. Great mystery surrounds how such a large creature can even fly. A dragon has a massive, sturdy bone structure that is strong as well as hollow and light. Similar to a lot of snakes the Dragon can dislocate its jaw if the need presents its self. Also a dragon is an omnivore and its teeth reflect that. It has incisors as well as molars. The muscles of the dragon are among the strongest known in the world with jaw muscle that can crush virtually anything and chest muscles able to move the large wings behind him. These chest muscles also allows for them to carry close to 50% of its body weight comfortably and in short bursts of energy their lifting capabilities can far surpass this. Normally a dragon is between the lengths of about 50 feet to about 100 feet when fully grown and their wingspan about double this. By far the most interesting part of a dragon is its outside. The outer boy is dominated by scales, densely packed cells made of keratin. The older the dragon is the stronger and harder its scales since over the years iron from the blood and vegetable matter eaten and absorbed into the blood stream mix with the keratin creating steel or diamond-hard scales. The scales are able to overlap neatly and due to s tiny cavity on the surface they fit well into each other and allow perfect freedom of motion. The dragon’s scales are made for the upmost protection as well as beauty. -Other information on scales in a later segment- Dragons have the same senses as a human including one unique sixth sense. As well as the five common senses being thousands of times more sensitive then a human and able to be dampened when it feels like its sixth sense gives it the ability to read the emotion of another animal.

Mating and Associated Elements
Two dragons breeding is one of the most majestic displays in the world. The female being the more agile creature once ready to breed in young adulthood the female will take off in a jaw dropping fit of aerial maneuvers. These are followed closely by several males. Once one is able to catch the female he is worthy of being her mate. They fly apart and once they are far away they begin to fly full speed towards each other. When they become inches away from colliding they wrap around each other and begin to fall downward going into a spin. During this time they will mate and level off only feet from slamming into the ground. Now they will fly off to prepare a nest for their young. A lot of what determines the dragon is genetic.

Scale Color
The color of their scales is caused by incomplete breeding so say a white and red dragon mated the resulting offspring would mostly be pink. The scales however are not one shade if you say a green dragon it may have countless shades of green in it and a blue dragon the same. This goes for all dragons. This kind of reproduction paired with several unique colors among the dragon species is able to make it so that it is possible for a dragon’s scale to be any color imaginable.

Dragon Breath Weapons
One of the most common elements associated with a dragon is their ability to produce different breaths from their mouth. The most common are 4: electric, cold, fire, acid though there are rumors there could be more. What determines if the dragon has one is genetics. It is most commonly the same as the parents but considering every dragon has the alleles for each breath in their genes it is also up to chance. It is possible for fire breathing parents to have a child that say breaths ice.
Fire Breath
When eating food a gas known as Methane is created. This gas is store in special sacs around the dragon’s body. Later this is mixed with Phosphor that has the property to ignite at the contact of air. When the dragon wishes to breathe fire the methane is released. When it is in the air the phosphor ignites and with the methane produces fire.
Cold or Ice Breath
Once more this breath has to do with eating. When the dragon consumes its food it is able to draw the gas Nitrogen from it. The gas is stored in special sacs where it is involuntarily compressed. When the dragon sees fit it can release the highly compressed nitrogen that almost instantaneously uncompresses absorbing all heat around it freezing the opponent.
Acid Breath
Much like the stomach produces stomach acid a dragon with acid breath has a special organ which produces a powerful acid. The dragon can expel this acid through a special vessel in its mouth.
Electric Breath
Seen in several fish including electric eels is an organ allowing for the animal to produce an electric charge. A dragon which has electric breath has an organ similar to this yet larger and more able to produce a more powerful electric charge. When the dragon sees fit it expels a highly conductive fluid through the air and sends the electric current through the stream and into the opponent.

Magic, the Lust of Treasure, and “Favorites”
Magic is the mystical force that binds the world. It is a force learnable by all intelligent beings. Magic is a force powerful enough to break the very foundations of the planet. Around Late Young Adulthood or Adulthood the dragon can possibly feel a presence deep away in the back of its mind. This force is called Magic. To a dragon magic comes naturally and most can weave minor spells in early adulthood, but to be able to control more powerful feats of magic they may require the teaching of an older dragon or possibly a humanoid.
No one really knows why dragons are such lovers of art, treasures, or poetry and songs, but they are. From an early age all dragons have impulses to find these valuables and keep them close. These are commonly gotten from the humanoids around the planet through methods such as robbery, looting, trade, or any other way that helps him come by them.
Sometimes you may see a curious site when exploring the life of dragons. A few times the dragons will have humanoid servants, or friends commonly called “Favorites”. A few times dragon may capture men or women or even befriend one. These “Favorites” may take care of the dragon’s dwelling or even follow the dragon doing their bidding. Rarely armies have even risen ruled over by a dragon that wished to conquer a nation or something of the sort.

A Dragon’s Life
A dragon goes through several stages in its lifespan. A Dragon’s true lifespan has never been recorded so they are thought to be immortal to age. A dragon has never been recorded living more then about 10 thousand years so this is commonly seen as the lifespan end. Much like humans progress through childhood, adolescence, and adulthood dragons progress through stages in their life.
Hatchling
After a gestation lasting two years the female dragon lays her eggs. After two months the baby dragons will emerge uttering a cry that urges the others to follow suit. The hatchling is truly fierce considering after they finish eating the food found inside the egg they turn on their siblings if not feed right away. At this stage the dragon resembles a tiny dragon with two humps on its back which will eventually turn into wings. Its scales are the same strength as tissue paper and they are defenseless.
This stage lasts about a year.
Dragonling
Once a year passes from birth the dragon enters a stage and is known as a dragonling. The dragon is now about twice the size of a human. Its wings have developed but it has yet to have the muscle to fly however they can be used to keep the dragon in the air after a jump for a few seconds. The scales have hardened to a density where it can safely take on small or medium animals and it has grown a set of teeth and claws to defend itself.
This stage lasts about 15 years.
Juvenile
The dragon is known as a Juvenile after about 16 years from birth. Its muscles have developed to a point where the dragon can stay in the air after liftoff, but to fly it must use the aid of jumping off a cliff, tree, or being dropped by another dragon. It is now that the dragon’s parents will part ways from it and each other to continue a solitary life and in a few years find a new mate. It will stick to its familiar hatching grounds possibly finding other young dragons and may even live a pack like lifestyle.
This stage lasts about 10 years.
Young Adult (Our starting stage)
After about 25 to 30 years after birth the dragon enters a stage and is known as a young adult. It has learned all aspects of flying and can take off from any location with no aid. It is at this time when the dragon has developed its breathing weapon. It can now leave the familiar grounds of its birth and seek out new locations possibly gathering art, treasure, or discovering magic and founding a home.
This stage usually lasts about 60 years.
Adult
After about 85 or 90 years after birth the dragon is considered an adult. The adult will continue to learn magic and do all the actions of Young Adulthood. However they have now reached the age of mating. Several years into adulthood the dragon will receive chemical message and hormonal changes creating a lust to find a mate. They will continue to mate every about 30 or 40years until they reach age 1500.
Wyrm or Great Dragon
Once the dragon is about age 1500 it is considered a Wyrm or sometimes a Great Dragon. They are well versed in magic and are experts in all matter of defense and assault. All that is left now is to continue living, gather treasures, expand their magic, and (well really whatever the hell they want).
----------------------------------------
Humanoids
Humans- Humans are the dominate humanoid race in Azua. They serve the Golden Lady Larissa the goddess that created Azua. They are the youngest of the humanoid races, but are the most abundant and powerful. Their skin can be a multitude of colors anywhere from peach to dark brown and they typically are around the height of 6 feet. They live everywhere from the highest mountains to the lowest valleys of Azua.
Elves- Elves are the oldest humanoid race in Azua. They serve the Golden Lady Larissa and are her first creation. They live along side the humans as well as in their own forest cities. They are the most well versed in magic. Their skin is peach or green colored and they stand usually a head taller then humans.
Orcs- Orcs were created when Larissa tried to create a race similar to Elves but stronger and heavily built. They are giant brutes that roam the more uncivilized lands of Azua in dozens of tribes. Their skin is dark red, black, gray, or brown and they stand about 7 to 8 feet in height.
Dwarves- Dwarves were created from the rock of Azua itself. They are tough, short, and kind natured brutes. They live within the mountains or around them. They stand about 4 feet and their skin is peach colored. They serve Larissa.
Name:
Scale Color:
Appearance: (Any other special features on your outside)
Breath Weapon:
Personality:
History/Background:

Level 10
Well, whatever RP we do, I'm sure it'll be interesting. In my comic idea, I'm finding a few ways of getting technology into the world. It's hard, trying to keep a balance, while making sure that magic is the most common tool. lol

Have you guys read my dragon RP stuff yet? If I recall correctly, there's a history and character rules thread in the RP section.

Level 23
There is something in the general plot of fantasy RPs that annoys me... It is not the world... it is definatly the plot.... but I cant quite pinpoint it...

How about how it all centers around one character, turning other players into side-characters? Or perhaps it is how everyone makes everything work their way? champion of a battle, easily convinve guards, etc. Bad guys tend to be easy to hide and random thieves are too easily caught. No one is surprised by events unless it works in their favor, and everyone wants their way. That could be it. I try my best to keep my characters believable. I even got my character (not Hellion) caught and pretty banged up. Took forever to find a way to break free. :/

But there are factors that make things pretty annoying, like Darkiron Dwarf reviving as undead or whatever, and always frontpage news like some bad TV villain, never truly gone, no matter how you destroy them. :/

Edit: Well done, Gath. I quite enjoyed it. Very detailed, and I quite liked how you explained the various elemental capabilities of their breath.

From the character sheet, it appears we would be playing dragon? (I think some people might choose other races as well. I simply guess the dragon character sheet is just a single example)

I believe you have my vote, Gath! :D

Last edited:
Level 10
Ouch. Well, my RP was all dragons, all the time. lol Everyone would play as their character, and var was to play as the bad guy. Honestly, I could play as the bad guy too.

The object of the RP was to defeat the evil Black Dragon, Nefarion, while he tried to take over the Dragon Realm with his army of lesser creatures.

A few people could play as Nefarion's Dark Agents, following the instructions of their king, Nefarion.

When Nefarion attacked the Realm, his armies stole a bunch of dragon eggs, and had them trained in his fortress. Since the fortress eminated with dark energy, the infants were quickly overwhelmed and became evil.

The legend in the RP says that a white dragon will defeat the black dragon, freeing the land from evil. But that dragon has not arrived yet, so others must fight until it arrives. That's where we come in.

The last dragon stronghold, Avenguard, is besieged by one the Dark Lord's armies, and that is where my story starts. I actually wrote a whole plot for my game idea. But I didn't get to the end, due to lack of ideas and interest.

If we do my RP, I'll be playing my story. It was a lot of fun.

Level 23
The object of the RP was to defeat the evil Black Dragon, Nefarion, while he tried to take over the Dragon Realm with his army of lesser creatures.

A few people could play as Nefarion's Dark Agents, following the instructions of their king, Nefarion.

When Nefarion attacked the Realm, his armies stole a bunch of dragon eggs, and had them trained in his fortress. Since the fortress eminated with dark energy, the infants were quickly overwhelmed and became evil.

The legend in the RP says that a white dragon will defeat the black dragon, freeing the land from evil. But that dragon has not arrived yet, so others must fight until it arrives. That's where we come in.

The last dragon stronghold, Avenguard, is besieged by one the Dark Lord's armies

Sorry to say, but THIS is exactly the sort of things that annoy me, you are forced to play either good, or evil, you HAVE to be in the conflict, you can by no means follow your daily life, and the evil side is always stronger than the good side, but eventually, a small group of people just charges into oblivion, survives it while killing an entire army, and defeats the greatest evil without help of an army whatsoever. If it is going to be like this, I am sorry to announce that I will not participate in the RP.

Level 10
I'm not sure if you even read the RP stuff in the thread on my site. This was just what I could remember. Also, whenever someone wants to take over the world, they tend to be overpwoered or have a larger army. It increases their odds of winning. Why do you think the terrorists in the middle east are being taken down? We have superior technology, and an army to wipe them out. Heck, they had to resort to human shields. I don't see the problem in having it as good vs evil, but if you want to play everyday life (which is pretty boring), you should play Life of a Peon (Loap). That's pretty much what you want.

Now, good vs evil gives a main plot, but you can have plenty of sub-plots throughout the RP, just like in the Order of Elders RP. Even though that had some very bad ones, everyone participated to a point. heck, some even ignored them.

Level 23
I see you do not understand what I meant, it is not only the good vs. bad parts that I dislike, its the ''Against all odds the group of 5 people defeats the evil emperor who slayed thousands of champions with his bare little toe.'' Standart bullcrap.

Also, it is always the same...

Oh, and if you can not enjoy playing normal life in an RP, then in my opinion, you are not THAT much of a good RPer, but that is just my opinion.

If you might be questioning why (if you question it at all) this sounds hostile, it is becouse I see what you wrote, as atleast slightly hostile.

I am not telling you what to do, I am just stating my opinion, and notifying that I will leave if it turns out to something that I do not like.

Level 14
Well to clear up loose ends sacrid seems to be missing.

You play as a dragon only.

And it practically is everyday life you won't be forced into some struggle in good vs evil with two large powerful forces pitted against each other. You pillage, you manipulate humanoids. No one is considered "evil" or "good" though some may wish to seize power. Everyday life in a sense is boring. If you were to play a man that did a steady job for months everyday with a few conversations with friends that would be boring. The fact that we are dragons makes it not boring at all. The everyday life of a dragon is manipulating humanoids, battling dragons and humanoids, pillaging etc.

The way your rp sounds sacrid. It sounds like just about every other evil vs good story I've heard in all my years. It sounds boring.

Also theres a Life of a peon? You sure it's not Life of a Peasant?

Level 10
I picked something, okay? Peon sounded better than peasant. And yes, I'm sure there is a Life of a Peon. I've seen a few on battle.net.

Now, here's an idea.
everyone plays as there own character, going through their own stories and adventures. Of course, normal life is boring to some, and good vs evil is boring to others. But RPs tend to have stuff like that. It's a mix, and if we all play as our characters, I'm sure something good will come out of it. I just hope it doesn't turn into something like Order of Elders.

It may be that we have to have it as a futuristic version, but on one planet, instead of in space. heck, maybe even have a small war between two countries. how does that sound? There would be no magic, no psionic powers, and no clear good vs evil, as the view changes depending on what side you're on.

Level 23
It may be that we have to have it as a futuristic version, but on one planet, instead of in space. heck, maybe even have a small war between two countries. how does that sound? There would be no magic, no psionic powers, and no clear good vs evil, as the view changes depending on what side you're on.

That sounds nice =3.

Anyway, what will we do? A dragon RP or what? I am realy looking forward to playing a dragon =3. (Other than Arnish (In an other RP))

Status
Not open for further replies.