• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fortress Defence

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Story
Within the ancient stone walls of the Fortress, echoes of clashing swords and the thunderous roar of trebuchets reverberate through the air. Bandit Lord Jaxx, a cunning and ruthless warlord, has set his sights on the impenetrable fortress that has withstood the test of time. His forces surround the stronghold, relentless in their siege, yet the defenders within stand resolute.

As the defenders tirelessly bolster their ranks, rallying warriors from diverse races and factions, a foreboding ritual commences within the heart of the fortress. The Worshippers, an enigmatic and powerful group known for their mastery over arcane arts, are on the brink of being summoned. Legends speak of their ability to turn the tide of any conflict, but the ritual is not without risks. If Jaxx's forces manage to breach the fortress before the summoning is complete, the consequences could be catastrophic.

The clash between the besiegers and the defenders intensifies, creating a pivotal moment in the history of the Fortress. The outcome hangs in the balance, teetering between the salvation brought by the summoned Worshippers and the potential devastation should Jaxx's relentless assault break through the ancient walls. The fate of the Fortress and its storied legacy rests on the shoulders of those who fight within its hallowed halls.

Amidst the chaos of the ongoing siege, the opportunistic eyes of four additional warlords gleam with avarice. Seizing the tumultuous moment, they see an opening to strike at Bandit Lord Jaxx and, ultimately, vie for control of the coveted fortress. Unbeknownst to the initial besiegers and the defenders summoning the Worshippers, a new threat emerges on the battlefield.

The four cunning adversaries, drawn by the allure of the fortress and the chaos it now harbors, launch a coordinated assault on Jaxx's forces. A dynamic shift in the balance of power unfolds as these newcomers exploit the weakened state of both besiegers and defenders alike. Jaxx, once the sole antagonist, now finds himself ensnared in a multi-front conflict, caught between the relentless onslaught of the fortress's defenders and the opportunistic strikes of the new assailants.

Tactics
Defender: Keep your four summoners alive for a special reward at the end of the timer. They are the key to your success. Trade for the resources you don’t have at the marketplace and make sure you keep the gates defender & repaired if they fall.

Attackers: Strategize. Leroy Jenkin types will not survive long. If you manage to kill at least one summoner, the timer will be pushed back by 15 minutes and the defender won’t have access to one type of Worshipper unit nor to the special reward.

Map Specifics
208431-68b922c0059b74b0d640282fca7d1f80.jpg
Players 5
208427-67ced567f320d96ce63cdb2eb304a5d4.jpg
Neutral Buildings 9
208423-626cd1b769e6dcd3ae555e8d52671d6c.jpg
Gold Mines16

273400-3bd0102a0b081cf7702f3dc1affbaa67.png
273402-0b608387abbc4dc2fb551585a73c90bf.png
273407-09e5b2b6af48ed8a1dd1814be92c8ed9.png
273404-f1b7dce656168c31e8480af394668a2c.png

273408-0e3f3f25f60f6778f0aa2793648b3d98.png

[05/01/2024]Uploaded
- Version 1.0
[06/01/2024]More Attacks
- Added one more reinforcement force for the neutral hostile player
- Added a last attack against the attackers by the middle player triggered after a long play time.
- Version 1.1
[08/01/2024]
- Fixed one bug with teh reinforcements from the middle player
- Changed time to 1.5h
Authors Notes
My second map that was meant to start as a simple melee map but as I worked on it, it became what it is now. 4 allied players, 1 neutral hostile player and 1 defender. AI is working for the attackers but not so much for the defender. Please offer feedback if played, I'm sure there's at least 1 trigger that won't work as intended which I have yet to discover.

- Custom Abilities
- Different models for the hostile player
- Potentially - adding a few extra abilities to help the defender.

- Change time to 45 minutes instead of 1.5h.
- Neutral Hostile player not always rebuilding barracks/workshop.
- Potentially needing to reduce the numbers of the neutral hostile player.
- Maybe change map for a 2v4 or 4v4 to reduce challenge for the defending player (awaiting feedback on that)
- Extend map downwards to allow more build space for attackers.
- Not a balance/bug but: adding more doodads/work the terrain a bit more
- Optimize triggers to be more compact
Contents

Fortress Defence (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The concept is nice however too simple and haphazard for now, few custom stuff, not too nice terrain. The balance seems quite off. Yes, the 4 separate players have to first get through the bandit base to reach the red defender but even so, they only...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The concept is nice however too simple and haphazard for now, few custom stuff, not too nice terrain. The balance seems quite off. Yes, the 4 separate players have to first get through the bandit base to reach the red defender but even so, they only need to kill the summoners in a specific zone which might give them quite an advantage opposed to needing to eliminate the red player. Moreover, the 4 also can train units up until 160 food while they act separately and can train more heroes than the defender who acts alone with 4 bases which is a pain to control. The undead do not have a Haunted Gold mine by the way (red player).

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 4
The concept is nice however too simple and haphazard for now, few custom stuff, not too nice terrain. The balance seems quite off. Yes, the 4 separate players have to first get through the bandit base to reach the red defender but even so, they only need to kill the summoners in a specific zone which might give them quite an advantage opposed to needing to eliminate the red player. Moreover, the 4 also can train units up until 160 food while they act separately and can train more heroes than the defender who acts alone with 4 bases which is a pain to control. The undead do not have a Haunted Gold mine by the way (red player).

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
"- Maybe change map for a 2v4 or 4v4 to reduce challenge for the defending player (awaiting feedback on that)"

Thank you for the feedback! I thought that might've been the case. Next version will have more players, make it all fair. I'll drop the max-food too.

What are your thoughts on the summoner time? Less than 1.5h? Also, it wouldn't be "end" game if the summoners are defeated, as the red player can still fight, they'd just lose a big boost but I see your point. I'll think of something.

Level 2
"- Maybe change map for a 2v4 or 4v4 to reduce challenge for the defending player (awaiting feedback on that)"

Thank you for the feedback! I thought that might've been the case. Next version will have more players, make it all fair. I'll drop the max-food too.

What are your thoughts on the summoner time? Less than 1.5h? Also, it wouldn't be "end" game if the summoners are defeated, as the red player can still fight, they'd just lose a big boost but I see your point. I'll think of something.
Good Map but it is really hard for red player to manage all 4 bases at the same time ,I agree with you that change the map to 4v4,it will be much more fun and much easier to play (as the red player,I fell quite lonely).!!!