• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forsaken Island

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
235216-albums7375-picture84958.png

Created by Imago_

Map Info

This map is my entry for the 9th mini map contest. It's a klick-and-point-riddle-escape RPG. You, part of a crew, survived a ship crash.
Try to survive on this forsaken island and follow your treasure instinct. Will you escape? Or will you have to dig your own grave?

Features

challenge.gif
Customised Map
Customised models, music, spells, and much more.
challenge.gif
Scripted Bossfights
Each Boss has it's own pattern of appearance and actions.
challenge.gif
Scripted Gameplay-Events
Falling rocks, crushing thunder and other improvements to increase your gameplay feeling.
challenge.gif
Difficulty Selection
Choose if you want to play with 1 (hard) or with 5 (easy) lifes.
challenge.gif
Upgrade and Pick-Up System
Improve your armor the way you want it and enjoy the automatic gold pick-up.
challenge.gif
Heroes with Personality
Each hero fights a completly different way and is driven by his own motivation.
Will you be the guarding paladin? The ignorant sorceress? Or rather the gready huntress? It's your choice!

challenge.gif
Riddles and Events
Watch out for hints that your eye might miss on the first glimpse.

Heroes

The Huntress

The Sorceress

The Paladin

235216-albums7375-picture86039.png

Ability
RequirementTypeDescription
race-e.JPG

Birthsign
None
PassiveChoose one out of five birthsigns:
Bear(+15 Life), Cat(+1 Attack Damage), Deer(+20 Move speed), Hawk(+10% Attack speed), or the Pigeon(+15 Mana)

235216-albums7418-picture85619.bmp

Hunt
Hero Lvl. 1
ActiveLeanna commands two wolves to attack an enemy The victim will be entangled for several seconds.
235216-albums7418-picture85620.bmp

Nature Shot
Hero Lvl. 3
ActiveLeanna fires a salve of several nature arrows at the targeted location.
There is a chance to slow enemies hit by an arrow

235216-albums7418-picture85621.bmp

Barkskin
Hero Lvl. 5
ActiveLeanna harends her skin with nature magic.
Her armor is increased and she regenerates hitpoints over time.

235216-albums7418-picture85622.bmp

Arrow Rain
Hero Lvl. 7
ActiveLeanna shoots an ice arrow in the sky, which splits in many pieces.
The frozen shards will fall down on her enemies, damaging and freezing them.

235216-albums7418-picture85618.bmp

Multishot
None
PassiveEverytime Leanna attacks, there is a chance to shoot some additional arrows at nerby enemies.

235216-albums7375-picture86041.png

Ability
race-e.JPG

Birthsign
None
Bear(+15 Life), Cat(+1 Attack Damage), Deer(+20 Move speed), Hawk(+10% Attack speed), or the Pigeon(+15 Mana)

235216-albums7418-picture85614.bmp

Crystalize
Hero Lvl. 1
ActiveSofia freezes an enemy for a short duration.
There is a chance that Sofia releases several shards which also freeze units around her target.

235216-albums7418-picture85615.bmp

Cold Chain
Hero Lvl. 3
ActiveSofia sends a frosty chain on her enemy. The chain jumps on nearby enemies and slows them.
235216-albums7418-picture85616.bmp

Shockfreeze
Hero Lvl. 5
ActiveSofia shockfreezes the area and damages all enemies.
235216-albums7418-picture85617.bmp

Frost Nova
Hero Lvl. 7
ActiveSofia releases a heavy frost nova. Enemies around her will be slowed and damaged.
235216-albums7418-picture85613.bmp

Arcane Power
None
PassiveEvery third spellcast will heal Sofia for a certain amount.

235216-albums7375-picture86040.png

Ability
race-e.JPG

Birthsign
None

235216-albums7418-picture85624.bmp

Charge
Hero Lvl. 1
ActiveGabriel rushes towards his victim and hits it with brute strength.
The enemy suffers heavy damage.

235216-albums7418-picture85625.bmp

Cleave
Hero Lvl. 3
ActiveGabriel swings his axe around him.
All enemies around him will be damaged.

235216-albums7418-picture85626.bmp

Purification
Hero Lvl. 5
ActiveGabriel throws a holy cross on himself or on an enemy.
Cast on an enemy to deal damage or cast on yourself to heal.

235216-albums7418-picture85627.bmp

Holy Light
Hero Lvl. 7
ActiveGabriel releases a huge ray of holy light.
Every enemy hit by the light will be bursted.

235216-albums7418-picture85623.bmp

Fury
None
PassiveWhenever Gabriel is attacked, there is a chance to speed him up for some seconds.

Screenshots

Westwing (Bedroom)

Eastwing (Lavatorium)

Eastwing (Kitchen)

235216-albums7418-picture85847.jpg

235216-albums7418-picture85848.jpg

235216-albums7418-picture85849.jpg

Credits

Made for the 9th mini map contest. Additional content will follow.

Keywords:
Forsaken Island, Forsaken, Island, RPG, Zelda, Riddle, Castle, Imago, Imago_, Mini, Map, Minimap, Contest, Scarry, Spooky, Escape
Contents

Forsaken Island (Map)

Reviews
17:41, 24th Aug 2014 Orcnet: Although the map is made for singleplayer, the game setting and dynamics were very strong and its views to the overall map is satisfying and very unique, I like the door stating out riddles (most of the riddles...

M

17:41, 24th Aug 2014
Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

Although the map is made for singleplayer, the game setting and dynamics were very strong and its views to the overall map is satisfying and very unique, I like the door stating out riddles (most of the riddles came from the Hobbit book/movie am I correct?), the abilities present for each hero resembles a nice rpg effect, as well on the one shot view for each region getting passed by my moving.

Terrain is brightly beautiful, having a theme of a haunted house, and yet of course we start off outside the castle that shows also some detail.

Overall this singleplayer has nice results for replay value, as well on giving a straight out storyline and a small scale map size.

Level 4
This map makes me think about diablo the game :grin:

I found a bug, when i died against the woman boss, the image was fixed on the room, so i could'nt play anymore :ogre_rage: ( my hero revive in the base but the camera was still in the boss room)

It would be great if you could make monsters revive when you come back in each place, so we can train the hero and with this you can make boss stronger, so the game get longer :grin:

Otherwise, it is great, specially the terrain wich looks very nice :thumbs_up:

Level 4
Forsaken Island review

Forsaken Island review
"Haunting"

I couldn't ask for more, litteraly. Lots of great details, eye catching stuff and realistic doodads. Such things as a storm outside and some stuff randomly falling from the ceiling.

All those bosses look awesome, the characters too. The spells are full of eye candies but not ...too full of eye candies.

The music was great - I really loved it! I mean I actually enjoyed the "indoor song", that something that doesn't happen too often... it fitted the map - that's the best about it.

What's really important - the atmosphere is truly surrounding and each place is really significant.

+
Beautiful, atmospheric, high detailed

-
Nothing to say

As I said - it's dynamic. The dialogues could be a little bit shorter, but it's a matter of taste. The fights themselves are cool. Different bosses with different styles of fighting. Well, the final boss himself was really tough - I had to use all the 5 lifes there with the sorceress.

The spells work the way they are supposed to - there are some really nice spells. With chances to additionaly affect the character/enemies and overall it's fun to cast them. The leveling system works well - more levels for the spells woul be senseless and those stats were exactly what it needed. One possible way to make it even better could be to create more spells and let the player choose but it's 32*32, I know, those spells were surely enough.
Particularly when there were three different characters...

The weapon improvement - nice idea. Quests... well it didn't need those quests, it was so linear that only the dialogues would do it, but I liked it and I think it looks better like this.

The crystals for the treasure room and the riddles were really nice, making the game more and more interesting.

The fixed version really works well, there are still a few flaws.

I ended up with hundreds and hundreds of gold, and there was still only the first upgrade (for sorceress).

When I entred the entrance to the castle and immediately got back, the cut scene with the skeleton took place two times. The second time, I was being attacked by the bats unable to cast spells and got killed.

When I wanted to drink from the fountain in the middle of the game, the magic barrier didn't disappear after killing the spiders.

+
Dynamic game, lots and lots of features, replayability

-
Still a few bugs

5/5

There's certainly some room for improvement (not improvement, fixing what doesn't work), 5/5 is absolutely sure nonetheless.

Last edited:
Level 14
This map was really quick, but it was a lot of fun. I like little puzzles like that. It is really well done for what it is. Nice job.

I'm glad to hear that the final content will be added later (I was also worried it was a bug)

Level 13
Your map is amazing, the terrain and sound effects makes me feel im watching a horror movie! 10/10. Maybe you can make this a 5 players with some more different areas and a choosable difficulty.

Level 14
Hello everyone,
I am happy to tell you about my new update. You can finish the game now and you are able to enter 'The Treasure Room'. I listed the patchnotes for you here:

- Improved the terrain a little bit
- Fixed a bug with the camera in "The Lavatorium", after dying
- Fixed a bug, where Gabriel's Sword wasn't upgradable
- You can upgrade your cloak properly now
- Fixed a bug, where Gabriel's ultimate did no damage
- "Crystal Ring" provides correct stats now
- Some minor bug fixes
- "Treasure Room" is now accesable
- "Insane King" is now abvailable
- Stones falling from above will damage everyone standing in it

I hope you will enjoy it! I also planned to create a new hero in the next patch.

@Ariagil: Thank you for your detailed review, I enjoy reading it!

Level 4
when I was choosing passive skills at the beginning, one of them was +1 attack dmg, I thought it would be passive abilities that would give a partner, as a pet when I began the game (which by the way is amazing), I became disillusioned when I saw a pet or a partner T_T

be that for the next update you Might place a companion pet? that comrade die after the death of the hero in such case, not what I mean. very serious GREAT.

Level 21
Aesthetically pleasing map (lots of harmonizing custom models): +++
Linear gameplay, hardly challenging, little customization (birth signs): -

Too short for my taste, it's finely crafted however and thus: recommended

Level 1
Small map with great taste!:ogre_love:

however theres some bug.
theres chest in the 2nd room to the right(right treasure chest) that wont opened.

terrain path should be fixed. It seems the model was used not re-sizing it base pathing for unit.

I suggest adding camera rotation and the mini boss something like butcher(dota hero) walking to fast.

Too short campaign tho.:goblin_boom:

Level 3
I am an experienced map maker myself and I must say that you pulled this off amazingly, respect!
However, there are many tooltip mistakes/typos (that's fine though) and some pathing problems, in the Arachna room you can enter the firepit to the right and manouvre through the whole castle, try it, you'll see what I mean.
Also, I tried to bug the part where you have to activate the 4 energy thingies. I placed all 4 items into 1 container. By doing this I could not reach that final room. You could make the containers only have 1 item slot to fix that.

I will say it again, great map!

Level 1
Very nice and quick adventure!
A liitle short of course *sniff*.

Special gratetude for music.

Level 1
Camera Changes

Imago_
Can you tell us how to setup camera view like when hero went inside castle camera will apllay and in the fountain when you activate livers of state when yyou came ack to the shipwreck Camera back to the view can you tell us:vw_wtf: