• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forbbiden Memories

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Forbbiden Memories

Five tournaments are held to determine the best duelist of War Craft 3.
At the beggining youll be able to chose among 6 diferent heroes, Women, Kids and Men.
Youll be given with 20 treasures (15 monsters and 5 magics) and gold to buy more in the markets.
There are minigames in the top of the map to waste some time whilst real duelist fight till death.
Allmost all the caracters avaliable in the world editor can be summoned and not much of their traits
were modified though the game was balanced to be faster than you could spect form normal warcraft.

How to play:
Item count: The number of items in your deck should be over 20 to start a duels, if this isnt satisfied some Snowmans are added.
Mana use: Take into acount that heroes cost 50 of mana, dont buy then too early in the game, kids are for pros.
Magic cards: They are more powerfull than the Hydra, use them wisely.
Summon: Be clever and make an army before facing the oponent, theres nothing special in the arena so dont explore it.

This map was inpired by the classic from PS
Im planing an RPG version of this, you could find that there are some tresures unused (its OpenSource)

V2 BETA RELEASE: This version is a HUGE improvement of the preceding one, it allows 22 players and has free arenas to kill some time.
It simply contains too many changes to be reckoned.
Previews
Contents

Forbbiden Memories 2 (Map)

Reviews
1. The terrain is lacking severely. 2. Arena could use some different height sizes so people could use it to their advantage. 3. It is not English and I assume the units had their original tooltip, therefore, I did not have any information about the...
Arthas + some YU-GI-OH related picture. What's the reason behind this if you didn't use some things from that anime? Also, description is lacking.
You have updated the map twice but because of not having a change log I can't see all the changes you've made. Create a changelog. Map Description 1. Terrain changes have not been made at all. 2. Still not in English.
Paillan
Map still posessed tons of spanish on it. It must be fully translated before it can even be considered for aproval. This isn't really a card game map, it's "get summon items while running around". The essence of card games is turns, which to not exist...
deepstrasz
Sorry @Paillan we shouldn't let maps in Pending for months. Fuerza should be Force. Terrain looks bear even from the minimap. Exclusively, Warcraft III material has been used but not really in a creative way. Buildings filled with the game's...
1. The terrain is lacking severely.
2. Arena could use some different height sizes so people could use it to their advantage.
3. It is not English and I assume the units had their original tooltip, therefore, I did not have any information about the units. You could write the stats (Attack Damage/Type/Speed, Armor, Health, Abilities and such)
4. Like the 3. one said: your map must be English.
5. Maybe a timer which shows the time before tourney because I did not have any clue what would happen and I waited for something to happen.

I liked the idea but your map needs a huge improvement to be enjoyable.

Check These Links:
Advanced Terraining Tutorial
The Ultimate Beginners Terraining Tutorial
Map Submission Rules

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Arthas + some YU-GI-OH related picture. What's the reason behind this if you didn't use some things from that anime? Also, description is lacking.

Level 3
Jajaja... im not an fond of anime, i never watch more that 10 episodes of yu gi oh; so i actually didnt get ideas from the anime but the card and the ps game. If you had tried the map could know what Arthas is doing there, its on a minigame!
About the terrain, i wanted to implemet some like the field modifier cards on the original game, but wasnt able to create a lake or some like so i relinquished on that idea, if you could redirect me to such a thread i would do it in the following weeks.
As soon as i get the game (warcraft 3) on english ill translate it, i simply copied and pasted, with some modifications, the units description into the items one. But you know what? if there is a way to make it a billingual map please redirect me to a post which explains how and ill do it.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Jajaja... im not an fond of anime, i never watch more that 10 episodes of yu gi oh; so i actually didnt get ideas from the anime but the card and the ps game. If you had tried the map could know what Arthas is doing there, its on a minigame!
About the terrain, i wanted to implemet some like the field modifier cards on the original game, but wasnt able to create a lake or some like so i relinquished on that idea, if you could redirect me to such a thread i would do it in the following weeks.
As soon as i get the game (warcraft 3) on english ill translate it, i simply copied and pasted, with some modifications, the units description into the items one. But you know what? if there is a way to make it a billingual map please redirect me to a post which explains how and ill do it.
So you are not the original author?

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Can't now. Going to sleep. Tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Description is still lacking. Might wanna do something about that :)

Level 19
While the description begins quite good, when it comes to how to play it just falls completely. The explanation on what has to be done is actually quite confusing.
I think you should also improve by adding some color and fond variety.
On and yeah, change minimap icon please.

Set to Awaiting update
======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 19
The map has changed a lot since the time those screenshots were taked, but the ones in there were whom helped me testing the map, the only credits i would give hence are to them...

Yet another person deceived by my review template. The part under the ============ line is a pasted part included in ALL my reviews with some handy links and basic tips.
I am starting to consider actually changing it.

Level 19
Map still posessed tons of spanish on it. It must be fully translated before it can even be considered for aproval.
This isn't really a card game map, it's "get summon items while running around". The essence of card games is turns, which to not exist in this map at all.

Until mayor changed are made

Set to Awaiting update
======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Sorry @Paillan we shouldn't let maps in Pending for months.

1. Fuerza should be Force.
  2. Terrain looks bear even from the minimap.
  3. Exclusively, Warcraft III material has been used but not really in a creative way. Buildings filled with the game's units.
  4. Things look disorganized. You start seeing a bunch of buildings and know not what to do. A nearby patron is required but there's none.
  5. Player 2 gets disconnected.

Overall, very unpolished. Please use Map Development until this becomes an actual beta.
It's functionality at this point is absent.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited: