Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Feedback] Request Features for JASS and the World Editor

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, If I'm to ask anything from them, is not bug fix, but to add new abilities to make mapmaking easier:

*leap ability: causes the hero to leap to a target or a location. Height can be adjusted, same as passing through obstacles, and the facing of the unit who jumps (if it jumps facing backwards, or upwards, or if it is a side jump.

*Stacking Poison ability: if you change the buff, any other instance of the ability will stack with it as a different poison buff.

*Stacking DPS on cast: same as above, but can either heal or damage, slow o haste, silence or stun, disarm, reduce or increase armor, damage, etc, and can be dispelled.

*An hp shield/barrier ability that stacks, and a function to add a shield with triggers, and proper display of them in health bars.

*Skillshot ability: launches an skillshot projectile that dies when it enters in contact with it's targets. You can choose it's collision radius or if it deals AoE damage upon launch and impact.

*Single target projectile damage ability that doesn't stun or has any effect: name.

*Cause Moon Glaive ability to actually cause attacks to baunce

*Cause Vorpal Blades to actually cause attacks to spill

*Add an attack range modifier ability

*Add a tome of armor

*Add an option to cause orb effects to stack

*Add a function in the GUI trigger to add timed buffs to a target and to select the type of buffs and modify their timers.

*Cooldown reduction ability/stat/and function for an specific ability. Cause making different level of abilities just for cooldown kinda sucks.

*Cause Spider Attack to detect when the spiders come back to the attacker, and to add some damage effect posibility to it upon the target and upon the user.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  2. Donut78

Donut78

Resources:
    Resources:
    **SIMPLE CAMERA QUALITY OF LIFE FIX**

I've been looking for a way to do this, and perhaps there is with JASS. But having a toggle in GUI would do me wonders.

All I'm looking for is a way to TOGGLE ON/OFF the math that auto calculates the active game camera's height based on the surrounding terrain. This would allow more precise control over the active game camera without interference from a source we can't (seemingly) control.

**BETTER IDEA** - In addition to, or in place of that idea... Being able to read the output of that formula as a real may be even more helpful. Then we could play with the output by setting a height offset with that real in it.

**APPLICATION** - I have a camera following a unit in a third person manner, whose camera source I want to set and stay about 1 meter above his head (and 3 meters back) which works easily on flat terrain. But whether the camera target is centered on him or not, the camera will raise up when nearby terrain goes upward, all while my unit's height remains unchanged. This auto formula appears to sample all the terrain geometry within about 500-1000 units from the camera target center to calculate a terrain height average to offset the game camera.

**ADDITIONAL POINTS** - Perhaps even allowing us to modify this sample radius of this formula would do the trick, at least in my case. (Since setting it to 1 unit would keep the camera height following my unit's height.)

3. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like to request this as well.
    The camera height limit (CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) should also be changed (currently limited to values between -4096 and 4096) to at least 10000.

4. nucrus

nucrus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any word on destructible limit being raised/removed in the reforged editor?
    We've always had a workaround for disabling this limit in the past.
    In big maps it's really easy to go over the limit of 30000 destructibles/doodads.

5. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Before raising the limit, better tell blizzard to fix the lags when you cast shockwave or stomp, because the doodads take part in the lag process of those abilities. Imagine having 100000 destructibles/doodads and cast shockwave: instant insane lag party.

6. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    • Unit - Ignore (Triggering Unit) to (Picked Unit) /// To computers, this unit does not exist, to players, it is can be seen but not interacted with.
    • Unit - Ignore (not Visible) (Triggering Unit) to (Picked Unit) /// same as above but more for players
    • Unit - Ignore pathing (Triggering Unit) to (Picked Unit)

• Unit - Treat (Triggering Unit) as Ally to (Player 1) /// This includes units owned by Player in question for extra tom-foolery
    • Unit - Treat (Triggering Unit) as Alliance (Non-Aggressive) to (Player 1)
    • Unit - Treat (Triggering Unit) as Neutral to (Player 1)
    • Unit - Treat (Triggering Unit) as Enemy to (Player 1)

• Unit - Leash to (Picked unit) by 0.00 to (triggering unit) /// Going to far away from the specific results in commands to return
    • Unit - Defend (triggering Unit) /// Attacks units Attacking the specific unit.
    • Unit - Defend (Center of Region(Playable Map Area) /// " " " " "
    • Unit - Lead (Triggering Unit) /// Basically, when you make a command to move, the unit will move slightly ahead.

7. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No, you can turn unit's collision off.

No, we have 12 additional player slots. Use them to make units owned by players who are allied/neutral/enemy. Making a unit an enemy of Player X when he is owned by that player makes no sense if you can still control it.

- Return where? What is this real doing here? What is it for?
    - Who attacks the unit attacking the specific unit? Radius? Group? Unit Type? Hardcoded.
    - Makes no sense.
    - Pointless. When can you "unlead" the unit?
    Honestly these ones are rather vague, hardcoded and are accomplished by triggering it yourself easily.
    *That's very hardcoded, just trigger it.
    *For some reason poison stopped stacking damage with itself even if the stack type Damage is ticked in this patch

*What if people don't want that in hp bars and want to have a unique place? Just trigger it.
    *Missiles natives.
    *Doesn't make any sense.

Dude, they're just there for aesthetics, if you want attacks to bounce or spill then make it happen on the object editor. The Unit Editor Fields

*New natives to do that.
    *Already possible to do, but makes sense to have do since we do have for hp, dmg, str, agi, int, mana etc.
    *Better to make option for Orbs to stack with a specific oneor another, or a combination of several or all.

*They'll solve this in the next patch, I'm sure.
    *Why not just trigger it?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  8. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    *What if people don't want that in hp bars and want to have a unique place? Just trigger it.
    *Missiles natives.
    *Doesn't make any sense.

Dude, they're just there for aesthetics, if you want attacks to bounce or spill then make it happen on the object editor. The Unit Editor Fields

*New natives to do that.
    *Already possible to do, but makes sense to have do since we do have for hp, dmg, str, agi, int, mana etc.
    *Better to make option for Orbs to stack with a specific oneor another, or a combination of several or all.

*They'll solve this right in the next patch
    *Why not just trigger it?[/QUOTE]

The idea is to make map making easier instead of having to trigger a bunch of stuff one over and over and over again, this would open the oportunity to create more complex abilities and the time spent in creating them would be less, so one could focus on triggering other stuff to make the game more refined. Having to trigger everything is a bumper, besides the fact that some trigger interactions don't stack well with the system itself, adding buffers with hidden abilities causes spellbook to close and minor lag, they don't interact well with spell shields and may lead to bugs, besides the fact that seing a bug, and not knowing from where it damn comes from a handle of a thousand of triggers that I've made for my maps is frustrating, so don't come tell me it is better to trigger everything when it is not.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't sort sounds by name or file type, nor length.

10. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Wrda
    >you can use turn off unit collision
    Not for a target going being ordered to walk in the immediate direction of the unit you turned collision off for, the unit will still attempt to walk around it.
    >No, we have 12 additional player slots
    That works until I want +25 separate units, also creating X number of forces and player slots for each individual that wishes to change the settings.
    >Making a unit an enemy of Player X when he is owned by that player makes no sense if you can still control it.
    What is spell effects & map making.
    >- Return where? What is this real doing here? What is it for?
    Leash - Definition, Verb - "to bind together by or as if by a leash; connect; link; associate."
    >- Who attacks the unit attacking the specific unit? Radius? Group? Unit Type? Hardcoded.
    I'll grant you that I didn't delve to deeply in this one.
    >- Makes no sense.
    Non-sense, you are just sense-less.
    >- Pointless. When can you "unlead" the unit?
    There are two kinds of people, 1. Those who can extrapolate

>*What if people don't want that in hp bars and want to have a unique place? Just trigger it.
    >*Why not just trigger it?

@Darkfang summed it up quite nicely

Killjoy.png

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  11. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Darkfang
    Making things easier doesn't justify "Let's request stuff that will entirely hide features that already do the same". Also the reason why triggering everything is much better it's because you have the absolute control in what you want do to. Imagine this scenario: A guy asks for 2 additional options for holy light such as "deal damage to enemy undead units and heal nearby allies over time" and "if the target dies with the buff then summons an angel to fight for you giving all nearby ally units 1 armor bonus per second". That's some level of complexity, but then, it is the guy's idea of an ability he wants, something very specific. So if there were other people that would also want more options for the same ability, by the time we got them it would be a lot of fields, a complete mess. Easier to do? Yes, but very personal request and not something objective that opens major opportunities to manipulate every aspect of something. Mostly, things that are impossible to do, or are a complete hassle or are prompt to undesired issues like spike lags. E.g. A missile system, for high demanding maps, creating your own or even using the hive's might generate bad performance if there's quite a lot of missiles (say 300).
    Everything takes time, not just triggering.
    >Having to trigger everything is a bumper, besides the fact that some trigger interactions don't stack well with the system itself, adding buffers with hidden abilities causes spellbook to close and minor lag, they don't interact well with spell shields and may lead to bugs, besides the fact that seing a bug, and not knowing from where it damn comes from a handle of a thousand of triggers that I've made for my maps is frustrating
    Just like everything, the map doesn't read your mind. It looks like what you're describing as bad triggering, which can obviously be improved like any one can over time. I don't know what "trigger interactions" don't work well with a "system" as you call it, but might as well post them in the bug and issues thread.

@Devalut
    >Not for a target going being ordered to walk in the immediate direction of the unit you turned collision off for, the unit will still attempt to walk around it.
    Well, that looks more like a bug.
    I'm still not buying this if the affected unit is owned by same player. How would that exactly work?
    >Non-sense, you are just sense-less.
    What in the world of the goddamn gods would this even do, Mr. Non-sense King? Must be a genious idea telling no actual units from no player to just defend a point of the map.

devalut come on, this is a discussion topic, you don't need to be dramatic or get offended for no reason when someone criticizes you. I was asking legitimate questions because I didn't really fully understand those points and some look unnecessary.

12. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Wrda
    >How would that exactly work?
    Did you watch those starcraft 2 trailers, remember the Changeling? Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it, the trigger would work very much like that save for the Color/Morph change.

>What in the world of the goddamn gods would this even do, Mr. Non-sense King?
    Like I said before in my previous post, I didn't delve to deeply in this one.
    If I had to sum it up, I was trying to convey a quick A.I. prompt that deliver a simple command that would normally be covered by six or seven seperate sets of triggers, if one line can reduce 10 triggers I'll take it without question!

>Devalut come on, this is a discussion topic, you don't need to be dramatic or get offended for no reason when someone criticizes you. I was asking legitimate questions because I didn't really fully understand those points and some look unnecessary.
    Offended, far from it, in fact I'm pleased as punch; and I have this silly grin spread across my face from the moment after you posted today, specially when I spent a thousand hours in mspaint drawing your likeness onto an american cartoon character. Did you not like it? I can take if down if you don't like it...

13. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh sorry, thus spoke the super experienced map maker and trigger maker, sorry that I do not care about total control when we can have both total control and making the game more accessible, specially NOW that there will be newcomers with reforged, making things easier for mapmakers is a must, so no, I'm not being silly by requesting something that will both improve gameplay, performance AND mapmaking.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please make the editor exclude importing files that would otherwise crash the editor like:
    • models with one wrong texture path
    • corrupted trigger comments and triggers in general
    The point is that these might crash the editor after saving the map and then opening it again.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  15. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Possibly add garbage collection to (v)jass with support in GUI so that unaware map makers can proceed without having spikes or lags, and so that other other people can stop worrying about leaks in general.
    Possibly make lua acknowledge other types (unit, lightning, timer, location, group) etc, and add garbage collection for the objects lua still doesn't clean yet (timer, location, group).

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Means to search within triggers and their actions (general search, not one for each window/shelf).
    For instance if I write Crypt Fiend (Uber) and the unit is used in a an action like create 1 Crypt Fiend (Uber) or as the name of a trigger, I want the search to get me there directly.

17. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thats a good one, specially to find bugs which can some times be hard

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A way to replace existing imported files when mass importing the same file names. This helps against issues where a newer editor version might zero (file size=0KB) some imports out.
    Currently if you import a file with the exact same name, it will be added as a new one.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    An option to enable 0 movement units/buildings to turn to/face the enemy when used for tower defense maps.

20. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    De/Buff for Spell Damage Individual units
    Item Bonus Spell %/-/+ For Items

Reminder - Gameplay constants do not cover multiple units and multiple situations and therefore is not, and currently will not alleviate my suggestion.
    Any attempt suggest fashioning the current abilities -regarding magic damage- (Anti-Magic / Magic Immunity / Magic Resistance(Runed Bracer)) into some rube goldberg monstrosity is ludicrous. You know who you are~