• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DvO/Kuhneghetz's Model Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Following updates have been done.

- New texture for the wing, making the Dreadlord look a little more similar to the pre-beta version.
- Geosets are assigned properly, so the model doesn't have hundreds of extra small seperate geosets.
- Skirt part is animated (thanks to your hint, Dionesiist), though it looked kinda awkward on walk animation, so I gave this model the Sorceress walk instead.

EDIT:
Model is now released to the public.

Attachments

• WIP2dreadlord.jpg
    WIP2dreadlord.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,493
Last edited:
Last edited:
Level 24
Its possible to do that with mdlvis? :eekani: Otherwise it looks much better. :thumbs_up:

I meant that I fixed the pikachu's polies in 3DS max and exported it unanimated, while in mdlvis I just reattached the model to my older pikachu's rig.
With newer versions (latest English version is 1.40), it's possible to attach models to a rig.

And the new Pikachu has been released now.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is my newest WIP model.

attachment.php

I made an attempt to make a God model, but limiting myself to use ingame textures.
And I gave him the more typical Christian view of him (even though I'm not religious myself).

Base meshed used:
- Paladin's head.
- CampaignScreen Peon's body.

Robe/Skirt-like part is scratch made.

Note that this is a WIP, so there are still more things to do on this model.
- The hands, but since it uses the campaign screen BE_Skin.blp (everything is bare skin except for the hands), it will be a little hard. So feedback would be appreciating.
- Animations. I'll probably place it on a wc3 model rig via mdlvis (of course, the rig will have mixed animations transferred from different models).
- Something devine-esque thingie on the belt.

Attachments

• wip_god_wc3model.jpg
    wip_god_wc3model.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 758
Hmmm DvO your models are truly great however you should learn how to rip models otherwise your models will soon be second rate.
Even though you're temporarly global ignored (read more here), I couldn't help following my instinct to reply to this post of yours.

How dare you suggest me to do such idiotic retarded thing?!
No, I should not. I'm against model ripping. Why the hell would I rip other peoples work when it's considered as stealing?
You SHOULD know that ripping models from another game is forbidden in hive. Read the rules, moron.

Anyway, on topic:

Did some updates on my God model.

- Head is a little smaller now to avoid the dwarvish proportional look (thanks to your critique, Callahan).
- He's more baldy now, which is more fitting for the stereotypical view of God.
- His eyebrows are thicker.

attachment.php

Attachments

• wip_god_wc3model2.jpg
    wip_god_wc3model2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:
I don't think being bald was part of the stereotypical view... o_O

Maybe, maybe not. But the main inspiration that made me create this model is this.

Anyway, time for a third wip picture of the model.

- His skirt/robe thingy has now a better texture. Never knew the Rifleman's cape can be in a very great use.
- Added medallion-like thing on his belt. Even if it's a bit dark, I'll probably later on add an effect that will make it look brighter.

attachment.php

Attachments

• wip_god_wc3model3.jpg
    wip_god_wc3model3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 721
Mesh-wise and unwrap-wise, the model is done.
But now the model needs some epic animations and some devine-esque glow and particle effects though.

And I have doubts about ingame Blizzard animations being worthy enough for the model.
So if there's any potential animator (no stiffy anims please) out there wishes to animate the model, then I'll be happy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• wc3mdl_god_unanimated_screenie.jpg
    wc3mdl_god_unanimated_screenie.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 586

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I and other guys were thinking of abilities for him in the Chat. Maybe Frosty still remember those...

I remenber some:

- The Messiah can be used as a mount, increasing God's speed (Frosty's idea)...

- He have too the Cross Wave ability, were the Messiah launchs a Holy Cross that flies in a line, exploding at enemies in contact. (My idea)

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
"Impregnate Virgin" - Impregnates all virgins in close/medium/large radius around God for nine months. If the virgin dies before the buff is removed, a Jesus will spawn. Jesuses are slow but agile creatures, that can cast Create Food and be used as a mount that can walk on water surfaces.

(make sure you set it to autocast)

Status
Not open for further replies.