• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DvO's Mario-type Models showing off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to show off my Mario-type models to this site, both finished and unfinished progresses. Hopefully, people here will appreciate them as much as the people in wc3campaigns.

List of finished and submitted models:
Toad
Mario & Luigi
Mushroom Villagers (only in Wc3campaigns & Gamemodding.dk)
Mario Items/Powerups (only in Wc3campaigns & Gamemodding.dk)
Koopa Troopa, Para-Troopa and Shell Item/missile (only in Wc3campaigns & Gamemodding.dk)
Goomba
Para-Goomba and Micro-Goombas (only in Hiveworkshop)
Kamek (aka Magikoopa)
Thwomp
Boo & King Boo
Bowser (only in Hiveworkshop & Gamemodding.dk)
Buzzy Beetle & Spiny (only in Wc3campaigns & Gamemodding.dk)
Bob-Omb
Wario (only in Hiveworkshop)
Waluigi (only in Hiveworkshop)

List of unfinished models:
Snifit (will also make a ShyGuy and a Beezle of it)
Princess Peach
Bullet Bill Cannon
Triclyde

The submitted models can be found by klicking on the link in my signature.

DO NOT POST REQUESTS HERE!!!

Attachments

• Mario&Luigi.jpg
    Mario&Luigi.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • Koopa-Megapack-Screenie.jpg
    Koopa-Megapack-Screenie.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 946
  • MarioItems-Screeny.jpg
    MarioItems-Screeny.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 755
  • toadscreenie.jpg
    toadscreenie.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 857
  • MushroomVillagers.jpg
    MushroomVillagers.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 725
  • BuzzyBeetle&Spiny.jpg
    BuzzyBeetle&Spiny.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 733
  • Goomba-screenie.jpg
    Goomba-screenie.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 863
  • Magikoopa-WIP-Screenie.jpg
    Magikoopa-WIP-Screenie.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 890
  • New-Thwomp_Reskin-WIP.jpg
    New-Thwomp_Reskin-WIP.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 4,732
  • WIP-Screenie-Bowser.jpg
    WIP-Screenie-Bowser.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,143
Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

They're not perfect, but you know I love them anyway.

Copied from my post in wc3campaigns.com.

Time for a WIP of my new model, the Boo. Made fully in sratch, using 3DS max 9. Only made this so far. Eyes will be textured. I might make a crown for it so we'll have a King Boo (from Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine), then when animations and exporting is done (Chriz.?), I'll make a version without the crown.

Attachments

• boo-wip.jpg
    boo-wip.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 572
Level 32
Showoff! :p

I have gone over some of your recently submitted models and icons: they are (as always) uniformly of fine quality.

[sound]http://home.comcast.net/~typical.geek/Music/coolyea.wav[/sound]

[show/hide="WTG DVH"]+REP! :coolgrunt: [/show/hide]

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

What's the deal wit that Boo model? Any progress?

What's the deal wit that Boo model? Any progress?

The model got lost during my reinstallation from Vista to XP and File Scavenger (some kind of a file-rescuing program) couldn't save it. :(
Do not worry, I'm making a new one.

Extra info:
I've managed to "obtain" 3DS Max 5 so I can have some fun with the Wc3 Art Tools. Weeee!!!
Though I have to learn to animate.'

The Re-WIP of Boo:

Attachments

• boo.jpg
    boo.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 390
Moved to Model WIP/Critiques.

Nice of you to move this thread in to the right place. :)

Btw, the Boo model is finished. Now it needs animations, and I'm aware that Chriz. is willing to fix that. ;)
PM me your e-mail so I can send the model to you, Chriz.

The unanimated Boo model viewed in Magos War3 Model Editor:

Attachments

• Boo-Unanimated-Preview.jpg
    Boo-Unanimated-Preview.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 237

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Boo now has
  • Stand
  • Walk
  • Attack
  • Death
  • Stand Defend (semi-transparent and covering his eyes)

Besides portrait animations, what else does he need?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Portraits 1, 2 and talk are all done. So technically he's done, unless Dan has extras.

I'm making his animations relevant to the Mario series, and from personal experience, I've never been devoured by a boo.

And stand hit is a useless animation that I never see played.

And stand hit is a useless animation that I never see played.

Yes, Stand Hit is only useful for Destructible models (like trees, doors, etc.)

And I'm happy about the animations, Chriz.

I'm just gonna tweak the model once more by givig it attachments, death sound. Plus I might make a King Boo version based on the model.

+rep for you Chriz. for animating my Boo model.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It's my pleasure, I love Mario to death.

Boo model is finished to be downloaded. Even if I'm satisfied with the animations, I've renamed Attack to Spell Attack (if Boo would cast spell), and Stand Defend to Stand Walk Defend Alternate (if someone wants to give Boo either Defend ability or Morph ability).

I've also made a King Boo from the Boo model, wich is included when you download the Boo model.

models_3025_screenshot.jpg

Link to the models:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3025

Level 9
rly cool when is ur bowser going to be done and i can tell you are a huge mario fan do u plan on macking models for every one in sm 64? ( i hope so ) it whould make my life a shit load easyer for my game lol good job keep it up

Last edited:
Level 3
I Like mario games! And now there are so much characters from Mario!
I gonna make a Mario game, Yeah i give you the credits :p
GJ, and plz make bowser of :p

@Dan: I can't find your Mario & Luigi mods here; are they over at wc3c or are they lost at wc3search? I found them there a long time ago but it didn't let me download it... :sad:

They are at Wc3campaigns for the moment.
Since Hiveworkshop doesn't have support for uploading modelpacks yet, I won't bother uploading the models one and one.

However, since Wc3campaigns isn't open for the moment, I have now uploaded Mario & Luigi in FileFront so people will be able to get them.

A readme is included, and please give me credits when you use them in your map.

Link:
http://files.filefront.com//;7664539;/

Level 2
Amazing work, now if I could just use it.

I can't seem to get the mario or luigi models to work. I only wanted to use just the mario so I uploaded the files and used the path in the readme. This is what it looks like in my import manager.

Full Path: Mario.blp - Image/Texture
Full Path: Mario.mdx - Model

I know the mdx file doesn't matter. I restarted the editor like 20 times now, trying everything and it's always the same... "Could not load file: Mario.mdl".

On a second note, I downloaded and imported the goomba model also made by you and it worked first try. What could be the problem?

Level 2
At this point I've tried everything, and I still can't get the model to show in the game or the world editor. I've tried uploading it into my map, I've tried making a new map and uploading it into that, I've tried to make a copy of the map and reimporting like WILLTHEALMIGHTY said, I've tried almost every single possible path that I could think of, I even tried different editors (basic WE, UMSWE, and WE Unlimited). It always says.. "Could not load file: Mario.mdl"

It drives me crazy, the mario portrait and the marionofireflower shows up, but the regular mario doesn't. I tried using the marionofireflower for in-game, it shows up in editor, but it doesn't show up in-game. Maybe the path isn't Mario.blp like the readme says...

This is the best mario model I've seen, good job Dan van Ohllus. Just sucks I can't use it :/

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I think he needs to be shorter and his legs need to be thick like tree trunks.

Level 27
This is just begging for a map. Hopefully.
Although platformers are hard to do in wc3, if not virtually impossible, and doing a non-mario platformer is just.. not mario really. Unless you did a mario rpg like paper mario or such.
Nice, I wanna see what you do when it comes to ShyGuy or Bullet Bill. I'm sure they will be of insane quality, as usual.
--donut3.5--

I think he needs to be shorter and his legs need to be thick like tree trunks.

His legs are now a little shorter. Making them more shorter will fudge up the animations, whether I change the Bones or not. I also made the legs a little broader, but not more or else his legs will be too disproportioned.

Attachments

• new-Bowser-wip.jpg
    new-Bowser-wip.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 192

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Better. I don't like how his claws are just stuck on like that. I know you can model a decent hand for him.

Oh yeah! Here it is! The final version of Bowser, now with better hands and feet plus I've made a spinning Bowser shell model (the Bowser model itself doesn't like to recieve the Bladestorm animation through Animation Transfer).
The reason why I call it final is that I think it's good enough to be submitted. I'll might even submit it today.

Attachments

• Bowser-Final-Screenie.jpg
    Bowser-Final-Screenie.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 171
Level 4
I happen to have a Mario related map. It's more Nintendo then Mario and it's not scenario. It's melee =/. Luckily for me though it was my first decent map, so I can get away with the fact that it's not fantastic =D lol. Just go to my resource page or whatever. It'll be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.