• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] New Super Mario Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS
2D - Platform - Multiplayer
Introduction: New Super Mario Bros is a map based on the original Wii/3NDS/DS .It has 2D platform gameplay . Moving by arrow keys with different characters
Characters: Characters Available are Mario - Luigi - Wario - Peach - Baby Mario - Baby Luigi - Toad - Waluigi
Story: The Game story is different ... Toadsworth was nearly dead and Bowser was the only one who has the 1Up Life Mushroom .Mario and friends go to another adventure to take the 1-Up Mushroom from Bowser and revive the Toadsworth .
Items:
Fire Flower: Makes the character throws fire balls that burns the enemy
Red Mushroom: Increases the character's size so he can be hit twice instead of once till it dies.
Feather: Helps to jump longer and falls slower
Posion Mushroom: Kills the character directly
The Shining Star: Makes the character invulnerable and Makes him kills the enemies that it touches (Timed)
Some Other Features:
The Map is simply a deck of levels. Each Character has lives ( depends to the Game Mode ) . The Boss Level's Quest is to kill Bowser and return the 1-Up Mushroom throught the Extra level where you should survive till you get back to the Mushroom Kingdom.
Enemies:
Goomba - Simple Brown Mushroom , Just walks , Can be killed by crushing it.
Koopa Troopa - Just Walks , Can be killed by Items . Jumping on it makes it lies in the shell . The Shell can move.
Para Troopa - Just like Koopa . But it flies.
Hammer Bro - A Koopa that throws hammers , Can be killed by items
Billy - Strong Enemy...Drops the character backwards . Can be killed by items
Bullet Bill - It's an angry bullet , can be destroyed by jumping on it
Para Goomba - Flying Goomba
Shy Guy - Stupid Flying Unit. Can die by items - Jumping on it makes the character walks on it.
Boo - Invisible Enemy , Can't die , The character should run away from it
Bowser - The Boss , Has Fire balls - Hammers - Smashing Stomp . Can die by Star , Or Fire Flower ( 5 times ) , Or Making it falling into Lava .

Enjoy the scenery although it doesn't contain all the enemies listed above :
2wcmp0g.png

NOTE : For Every one who's interested - Feel Free to contact me to join this small Project . it still in the beginning

Last edited:
Level 15
Ye I wanted to Change the story . The Old story is now common and boring for many games . I wanted to changed as long as I have the needed models . Well For screenies , The game still in the beginning of its progress , And I'm facing some problems with it . Once It's no buggy , I will upload some screens . Thank you for your interesting .

The screenie looks great! Love the bricks as the UI. They won't scroll though will they? Thats ok. I looks much better than the others I've seen.

Just a thought. the UI could have a NES looking controler panel thing over the spell/ability menu. The buttons could look like the controller buttons and use hotkeys to activate. It would be a good way to explain to the player how to use the buttons.

Level 15
Well that's the missed thing . The bricks are not a custom UI ( that's what I understood ) . Well , The UI of the inventory and spells table and Menus are missed . They are custom thingies . I'm gonna add them once I finish the core system . This secnery is from the world editor . Thanks for your interesting .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.