• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super smash bros Aeons of strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Yes, another crappy attempt of DotA >.> :infl_thumbs_up: but this one is about Super smash bros (i can do what nintendo can't, add new characters:wink:) This is a unique Kind cuz every 15 minutes you go to a different stage >.> (this'll probably make the time I upload it far away.) Firstly the characters and class and sound sets (sound sets and classes are for you guys who play the games i don't to correct me and hand in suggestions)

Mario - Plumber - Uther
Luigi - Plumber - Muradin
Wario - Fiend - Mountain king
Link - Hero of Hyrule - none
Cloud - Ex-soldier - Arthas (might need help with skills...never played FF7)
Crash Bandicoot - Banditcoot - Peon (again, only played once, lost interest)
Mega man - Android - Captain (only played MMX7 for like 1 day)
Samus - Bounty Hunter - Sylvanas
Zelda - Princess of Hyrule - Shandris
Kirby - Star Warrior - Child
Bowser - King Koopa - Pitlord
Red - Pokemon Trainer

Stages

Mushroom Kingdom - in this stage, you're trying to blow up Bower/Peach's Castle with the help of the toads and goombas in war

Hyrule - In this stage, you're trying to blow up Zelda/Ganon's Castle with the help of the guards/Stalfos

Warfield - in this stage you're trying to blow up the enemy's war post with the help of the marines/Soldiers

more coming soon

I also need help designing Fire arrows (they turn the enemy blue, not red >.<)
I'm a mapper >.> not an abilitier, any suggestions would be awesome! (>O.O>)

Last edited:
Level 5
Yes, another crappy attempt of DotA >.> :infl_thumbs_up: but this one is about Super smash bros (i can do what nintendo can't, add new characters:wink:) This is a unique Kind cuz every 15 minutes you go to a different stage >.> (this'll probably make the time I upload it far away.) Firstly the characters and class and sound sets (sound sets and classes are for you guys who play the games i don't to correct me and hand in suggestions)

Mario - Plumber - Uther
Luigi - Plumber - Muradin
Wario - Fiend - Mountain king
Link - Hero of Time - none
Cloud - Ex-soldier - Arthas (might need help with skills...never played FF7)
Crash Bandicoot - Banditcoot - Peon (again, only played once, lost interest)
Mega man - Android - Captain (only played MMX7 for like 1 day)
Zero - Android - Demon Hunter (See above ^)
Samus - Bounty Hunter - Sylvanas
Zelda - Princess - Shandris
Kirby - Star Warrior - Child
Spongebob - Sponge - Witchdoctor
Darth Vader - Sith Lord - Dreadlord

Bowser - King Koopa - Pitlord

I also need help designing Fire arrows (they turn the enemy blue, not red >.<)
I'm a mapper >.> not an abilitier, any suggestions would be awesome! (>O.O>)

Edit: I have no clue what path the file is for the zero skin found on page 2 of the skins section >.> you can answer if you want. But you don't gotta (being considerate)

You really should take out the underlined ones. I'm a big smash fan so well... I'll make you a list. Some new Brawl characters could have some interesting possibilities in this. Don't worry about which models and sounds to use yet, focus on characters and classes

Mario - Plumber
Luigi - Plumber
Peach - Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom
Yoshi - ???
Bowser - Koopa King
Link - Hero of Hyrule, Hero of time refers only to one of the many Links
Zelda - Princess of Hyrule
-Zelda can change into another Hero: Shiek - Shiekhan, you can swap between them anytime. Both have separate moves.
Ganondorf - Dark Lord
Pikachu - Electric Pokemon
Random Name - Pokemon Trainer
-let me go more into Pokemon Trainer, he's in brawl and doesn't really fight but he summons one of three different pokemon: Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. This could have some interesting Implifications for your map, in each base there can be an unreachable plateau where the trainer issues orders to his pokemon but doesnt fight himself, you control the pokemon and the trainer (who is basically unmovable) and can use the trainer to switch between all three of them and you control the pokemon like a regular hero. This would make your map very interesting.

Moving on with the list:
Donkey Kong - Ape
Diddy Kong - Chimp
Kirby - Puffball
Meta Knight - Mysterious Knight
King Dedede - Evil King
Fox - Leader of StarFox
Falco - Ace Flyer
Jigglypuff - Normal Pokemon
Mewtwo - Psychic Pokemon
Wario - ???
Samus - Bounty Hunter
Ness - ???
Lucas - ???
Sonic - Heroic Blue Hedgehog
Pit - Captain of Palutena’s Army
Snake - Mercernary
Ike - ???
Marth - ???
Popo and Nana - Ice Climbers
Capt. Falcon - ???
and finally the recently announced for Brawl: Olimar - Captain of the Dolphin

Now for some characters Fans would like to see that you should consider:
Midna - Twili
Vaati - Wind Mage
Ridley - ???
Krystal - ???
Lucario - Fighting Pokemon

Level 5
Spongebob for your information is the coolest show around, but he doesn't belong in any super smash bros.

Anyway what did you think of my list? Any thoughts on the Pokemon trainer idea?

Lux

Lux

Level 2
Just a few thoughts.

Maybe you should try to figure out a different set of game mechanics. I understand that the stage-switching is intended to provide some refreshing environmental alteration, but consider that it might become profoundly annoying to have to wait for the spawns to move from (a,b) to (a+x, b+y) again. Secondly, if the objectives in every set of lanes are virtually the same, then what's the point of changing lanes at all? All that'll do is create a need for more triggers, more unit-editing, and more terraining. You'll wind up with a larger filesize as a result of a mechanic that doesn't add that much diversity at all.

Lux

Level 3
Just a few thoughts.

Maybe you should try to figure out a different set of game mechanics. I understand that the stage-switching is intended to provide some refreshing environmental alteration, but consider that it might become profoundly annoying to have to wait for the spawns to move from (a,b) to (a+x, b+y) again. Secondly, if the objectives in every set of lanes are virtually the same, then what's the point of changing lanes at all? All that'll do is create a need for more triggers, more unit-editing, and more terraining. You'll wind up with a larger filesize as a result of a mechanic that doesn't add that much diversity at all.

Lux

you're right:nw: never thought of that >.> so I'll have to add a mode of switching levels and add different objectives for each

Status
Not open for further replies.