• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super Smash Bros. War

What characters do you want in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Super Smash Bros. War!
By KKRP

What is SSBW?

Super Smash Bros. War is a arena-like map currently in development. It has tons of new content including characters, stages, items, and a wide array of NPCs.

Gameplay

First you pick from a wide arrange of characters. Then, you go to the stage you want to fight on and you go to war with the other heroes. It's a nonstop battle royal.

WC3ScrnShot_083007_073209_01.jpg WC3ScrnShot_083007_074452_01.jpg WC3ScrnShot_083007_074510_02.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_083007_074522_03.jpg WC3ScrnShot_083007_074645_04.jpg WC3ScrnShot_090207_115428_01.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_090207_120233_01.jpg WC3ScrnShot_090207_120242_02.jpg BOB-OMB!!.jpg
Watchout Kirby!!!.jpg Fighting in the Jungle.jpg Link's Bomb.jpg
The Winner is....LINK!!!.jpg

Note:The tomes are place holders for the game's items.

Features

-Many Old and New Characters, Stages, and Items.

-Tons of hidden material.

-Many villains from across Nintendo's history, including Petey Piranha, Black Shadow, and the evil Master Hand.

-Many Custom Abilities.

Confirmed Characters

Returning Characters

Mario Mario.jpg

Link Link.jpg

Kirby Kirby.jpg

Pikachu Pikachu.jpg

Samus Aran Samus.jpg

Bowser Bowser.jpg

Princess Peach Peach.jpg

Princess Zelda

Ganondorf

Captain Falcon

Donkey Kong

Diddy Kong

Fox McCloud

Ike

Jigglypuff

Meta Knight

Lucas

Pit

Yoshi

Wario

Solid Snake

Pokemon Trainer(Squirtle,Ivysaur, and Charizard)

Ice Climbers

Luigi

Mewtwo

Mr.Game & Watch

Sonic the Hedgehog

King Dedede

Captain Olimar

Lucario

Ness

R.O.B

Toon Link

New Characters

Black Knight

Bowser Jr.

Waluigi

King Boo

White Bomberman

Krystal

Geno

Isaac

Banjo-Kazooie

Vaati

Kamek

Megaman

Ridley

Simon Belmont

Stages

Mario Series
Mushroom Kingdom: Peach's Castle
WC3ScrnShot_090207_122320_02.jpg
Koopa Kingdom: Bowser Badlands
WC3ScrnShot_090207_122348_03.jpg

Zelda Series
Hyrule: Bridge of Eldin
WC3ScrnShot_090207_125410_04.jpg
Hyrule: Twilight Realm
WC3ScrnShot_090207_131622_05.jpg

Yoshi Series
Dinosaur Land: Yoshi's Island
WC3ScrnShot_090207_135922_01.jpg

Metroid Series
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Brinstar.jpg
Aether: Dark Aether
WC3ScrnShot_090307_110922_01.jpg

Donkey Kong Series
DK Island: Kongo Jungle
WC3ScrnShot_090507_050157_01.jpg
Kremling Territory: Crocodile Isle
WC3ScrnShot_090507_050543_03.jpg

Pokemon Series
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
WC3ScrnShot_092007_135818_03.jpg

Star Fox Series
Lylat System: Meteo
WC3ScrnShot_091007_073938_01.jpg

Kirby Series
Pop Star: Green Greens
WC3ScrnShot_091007_080659_02.jpg
Pop Star: Fountain of Dreams
Fountain of Dreams.jpg

F-Zero Series
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Mute City.jpg
F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue
Big Blue.jpg

Wario Series
Diamond City: WarioWare

Kid Icarus Series
Palutena's Realm: Angel Land
Angel Land.jpg

Mother (Earthbound) Series
Eagleland: Onett
Onett.jpg
Eagleland: Fourside
Fourside.jpg

Trophies
That's right the trophies come from all over the Nintendoverse right to this gallery. Look for your favorite characters right here!:grin:

Advanced Wars Trophy.jpg
Advanced Wars
Mr.L Trophy.jpg
Mr.L
Pikmin Trophy.jpg
Pikmin
Samurai Goroh Trophy.jpg
Samurai Goroh

Adventure Mode

Areas

Mushroom Kingdom
The beautiful Mushroom Kingdom is under attack by the Koopa Troop, Petey Piranha is leading them and the only way to end the threat is to finish that bad plant.

WC3ScrnShot_090907_111916_01.jpg WC3ScrnShot_090907_111938_02.jpg WC3ScrnShot_090907_112004_04.jpg

F-Zero Grand Prix
The final F-Zero race in the Grand Prix in Mute City. Black Shadow and Blood Falcon are tampering with the race and have put up fences to block off all the people wanting to watch the race up close. Mute City needs to be rid of this evil duo.

WC3ScrnShot_091307_075428_02.jpg WC3ScrnShot_091307_075440_03.jpg WC3ScrnShot_091307_075544_05.jpg

Shadow Moses Island
This island off the coast of Alaska has been taken over by the Genome Army and the renegade members of Foxhound. Revolver Ocelot and Liquid Snake are hiding within the main building trying to get the activation codes for Metal Gear REX right. Let's not let them get close.

Shadow Moses Entrance.jpg Shadow Moses Main Hall.jpg Metal Gear REX.jpg

Palace of Twilight
The palace of the Twilight Realm. the Usurper King Zant makes his home within. Strange, nightmarish creatures stalk the halls and giant kargaroks haunt the skies, only the strong can survive here.

Palace of Twilight Gate.jpg Palace of Twilight Beast.jpg Usurper King Zant.jpg

Bosses

Confirmed Mini-bosses

Blood Falcon
The evil clone of Captain Falcon, Blood Falcon is guarding the entrance to Black Shadow's hidden observatory in Mute City. He is aided by several Dark Million thugs.

Revolver Ocelot
Revolver Ocelot is Liquid Snake's right-hand man, Ocelot spends alot of time planning deep within the Shadow Moses facility. He is really into Spaghetti Westerns.

Phantom Zant
A copy of Zant, made to guard the inner sanctum of the Palace of Twilight from intruders. Phantom Zant has only a fraction of the power of the true usurper king.

Confirmed Bosses

Petey Piranha
The strange Piranha Plant that is becoming a greater villain with every appearance, from his time as Bowser Jr.'s minion to being a free destroying machine.

Black Shadow
Captain Falcon's Archnemisis, Black Shadow rules the Dark Million Organization. He is nothing compared to the ruler of the Underworld Grand Prix, Deathborn.

Liquid Snake
The Archnemesis of Solid Snake, Liquid Snake is another clone of Big Boss. Liquid Snake is trying to revive Big Boss' terrorist organization, Outer Heaven with everything he can get, including the powerful Metal Gear mech.

Zant
The evil Zant was nothing but a pawn of Ganondorf's, Zant is the usurper king of the Twilight Realm however and is deadly with the powers Ganondorf granted him along with his own.

Emperor Bulblax
Emperor of the Bulblax Kingdom and ruler of the Grub-dog species, Emperor Bulblax is a massive beast that devours any Pikmin (or any other creature) nearby with his giant tongue. All should beware getting close to this immense creature.

Master Hand & Crazy Hand
These two hands put the trophies together to fight and therefore are to blame for all this war. They are evil beings who wish only for endless battle.

Credits

Mario, Luigi, Koopa, Goomba, Magikoopa, Toad, Bowser, Kirby, Mushroom, Boo, Warp Pipe - Dan van Ohllus
Samus - Metabee
Crocoman, Cars - Mc!
Princess Peach - GreyArchon
Shy Guy - levigeorge1617
Mr.Planty - Werewulf
Ninja - repuplicola
Dark Castle - Storm PCF
Squirrel Monkey, LightsaberMW - olofmoleman
Modern Buildings - Black Sebastian
Fireworks - WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Console - Trollschnitzel
Gunless Rifleman - Dark_Tyrion
Colt - Callahan
Zelda Heart - Carrington2K
Golf Ball - Pyritie
Boo (Animations) - Chriz.
New Characters - The Hive Workshop

Last edited:
Level 8
Please read the rules. Headlines are not features. "Tons of easter eggs"? What are those? What do they do? New and old villains? You havent mentioned any villains yet, new or old. This thread is seriously lacking info, please update it asap.

Sorry for the bad thread. Fixed some things though and will be adding more soon. I don't know why I put 'easter eggs' in there. I changed the villains thing by adding Petey Piranha, Black Shadow, and Master Hand. I also added characters I want everyone to know will be coming back for sure.For now that is.:wink:

Level 9
"Go Advanced" > "Manage Attachements"

who's "Ike" ?

EDIT: okay, i've found, don't care, he just has an other name in french

if you make a SSM-like game, you should at least do what nintendo can't

add sonic and his friends, rayman, crash bandicoot, lara croft, etc...

Level 8
Yeah. Or if there's a way to put a poll on a first post thats already been posted.

Edit:Darn I put the screenshots up but their still in .tga format. How could I change them so their not?

Last edited:
Level 6
Level 24
Bah, for some reason i cant view the images...
Anyway the project sounds great, hidden materials is also good!
That will make people look for it and keep playing it after they get a bit bored of playing it!
It may be a problem for you to find models for this game, but what do we have request forum for, heh ^^

Level 3
This map looks pretty cool, i'm making a super mario map of my own,can't wait for this one tho.

Level 8
Hehe, thanks. I just finished the Super Mario area where you fight Petey Piranha on the map. It's got goombas, koopas, and even piranha plants. I'm working on the F-Zero race course where you fight Black Shadow right now.

:fp::fp::fp:Petey Piranha can eat you!:eek:

Level 8
I like how this thing is looking keep it up its going to be a good game

Last edited:
Level 8
Added Mewtwo (Now DvO can be happy:grin:) and Mr. Game & Watch to the character page.

Master Chief is one of the characters that I love but sadly can't include, seeing as he hasn't been on any Nintendo consoles. I'm trying to stay with the third-party character requirement for real SSB games.

:fp::fp:P.S. KEEP VOTING!:grin:

Level 9
he hasn't been on any Nintendo consoles. I'm trying to stay with the third-party character requirement for real SSB games.
I'm not sure that being on a nintendo console is a requirement for a character being in SSB. the only requirements are : nintendo want this character & the character's owner is agree

anyway, why did you care about that, you're not making an official game, choose the character because of their funibility, and forget their realistibility... (weah, i create words.)

Level 3
just stick with super mario bros. characters and like if somone randoms a hero they get a bonus Hidden character(like a 30% shot)they can use.

Level 34
I like it so far!! The terrain could use work, but it's pretty good, and you seem to be a ways into it. Maybe it will be finished. I voted for Waluigi!!

Level 8
The poll is going great and now Kirby can actually eat people. Sadly, he can't steal their powers.:cry:...yet.

Story mode's Shadow Moses Island stage is almost done, with just a little problem to fix and to actually add Liquid Snake.

Level 8
The story mode is coming along nicely, with the entrance to the Palace of Twilight in construction,also Link and Kirby's moves are progressing closer to completion.

:eek:OMG!!!:eek:
Now you have until about 10:00 PM on December 15th to vote for characters. After that voting for items and assist trophies will begin. So keep voting for your favorites!!!

Level 4
My question is, i've viewed quite a lot of the avaiable models here and at WC3C, and I notice only the ones I know about have shown up in your screenshots... mario, luigi, peach, bowser, and toad most notably. Do you have a modeling/animation/skinning team for this map, or have the skills to make them yourself? I could see a reskin of Luigi into Waluigi fairly easily, same for Wario, but off-the-wall characters such as Samus, Geno, Captain Olimar, Pikachu, Pit, etc... it seems like an -extremely- large modelling project.

Status
Not open for further replies.