• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doing GUI Spell requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello, I managed to persuade my parents to let me use world editor but they say I can't play warcraft and I can only spend about 1/2 hour or so on the spells a day so...
I will try to fix mega rejatsu and I won't do baboom king as it is really complicated, I will create it in a few weeks time.
As for Vicboy's spell, I will work on it, same goes for Aeroblyctos'. I hope to do some requests ASAP and thanks for waiting.

Level 15
Ok, I finished Illusion Strike and fixed Mega Rejatsu, check the first post for the spells. I might consider uploading the spells seperately but then it would be... quite messy.
Also, I think Illusion Strike is not as Eye Candy as the other spell I made cos I didn't use a dummy unit as a special effect :(
PS: Do no say I am bias by helping Aeroblyctos first, I just thought his spell would be fun to make :D. And it was! LOL! THE ILLUSIONS THRASHED THE TARGET LIKE MAD!
EDIT: Holy... I just found out that if the target is killed the illusions will attack enemies nearby... is that okay Aeroblyctos? Or should I fix it?

Level 19
can u do 2 spells for me ? gona need 2 spells...
1 is fire breath for my demon = Hero Pit lord gona be a long fire breath and pretty big should look cool effect 1200 area range distance from pit lord and u and damage every thing in who comes in the way area gona be 300 and distance range 1200 and it should look like a big fire breath that comes from the demon ... damage gona be 300 level 1 400 level 2 and 500 level 3
name.: Fire Breath

second spell is this one i found it on a map but it leaks like hell...
here is map spell named Earth Mastery....
gona be the same if u can do that one :p

and if u got time if u could do a thunder clap who makes the unit jump before he makes the clap like a thunder clap but he jump before :p

Level 37
Zack1996 said:
PS: Do no say I am bias by helping Aeroblyctos first, I just thought his spell would be fun to make :D. And it was! LOL! THE ILLUSIONS THRASHED THE TARGET LIKE MAD!
Heheheh. :D

Zack1996 said:
EDIT: Holy... I just found out that if the target is killed the illusions will attack enemies nearby... is that okay Aeroblyctos? Or should I fix it?
Then just remove the illusion then?

Level 15
They know cause they always see my brother using it and I just asked them to let me do map editing and what do you mean by I am 11? Which country do you live in? And Aeroblyctos, I will fix the spell ASAP.
EDIT: Spell Fixed. Haven't tested though, check the first post.
EDIT2: Tested, found bugs and fixed. Now adding a stronger unit to test on :p
And also, Vicboy, do you want your spell to be MUI?

Level 15
@Shangahai: I have lots of things on at the moment so I will not be updating the first post anytime soon. I will work on your spells soon.
@Vicboy: You can make spells MUI in GUI too, so I presume you do not need it for more than 1 hero correct? So there will only be 1 hero with this spell at all times right?
Sorry everyone but I have lots of homework so... I will be inactive for a while.

Level 2
Hi, can you tell me how to make skill likes centaur chieftan 3rd skill? I dont know how to give damage back to ranger units.

Level 15
Event-
Unit is attacked
Condition-
Attacked unit has buff of type [The Buff of the Skill]
Attacking unit belongs to enemy of attacked unit
Action-
Unit- Cause attacked unit to damage attacking unit for x damage.
//
This skill works but will look awkward cos the unit takes damage when it starts attacking but with GUI, thats how it is...

Also, I will be not be able to go to WE for a few weeks but still able to browse around here.

Level 2
Event-
Unit is attacked
Condition-
Attacked unit has buff of type [The Buff of the Skill]
Attacking unit belongs to enemy of attacked unit
Action-
Unit- Cause attacked unit to damage attacking unit for x damage.
//
This skill works but will look awkward cos the unit takes damage when it starts attacking but with GUI, thats how it is...

Also, I will be not be able to go to WE for a few weeks but still able to browse around here.

Thx, but i missed something in my question: how GUI catch lvl of the skill? :bored:

Level 2
  • Holy Lighting lvl1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Holy Lighting) Equal to True
      • (Level of Holy Lighting Holy Knight for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
      • ((Attacking unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage (Attacking unit), dealing 30.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
That's my skill but it didnt work with ranged units. I dont know why:confused: One more thing, i cant make skill likes luna moon glaive. I cant find where the line affect number of targets or percent damage loss.

Last edited:
Level 15
Erm, I don't really know the mechanics of cause unit to damage unit but thats not the problem. You must use Attacked Unit has buff and Level of Holy Lighting Holy Knight for (Attacked Unit) more than or equals to 1. Also change Owner of Triggering unit to Owner of Attacked Unit.

Cos in this case, the triggering unit is the unit which took damage so it can never be an enemy of itself :p

Also, you can do the requests anytime. Check the first posts for links of the spells requests. I have not started on any of those in the WIP and Waiting list sections so feel free to do some.

Level 2
Erm, I don't really know the mechanics of cause unit to damage unit but thats not the problem. You must use Attacked Unit has buff and Level of Holy Lighting Holy Knight for (Attacked Unit) more than or equals to 1. Also change Owner of Triggering unit to Owner of Attacked Unit.

Cos in this case, the triggering unit is the unit which took damage so it can never be an enemy of itself :p
The skill trigger works fine with melee , but ranged are not... :confused:

Level 17
@Vicboy: You can make spells MUI in GUI too, so I presume you do not need it for more than 1 hero correct? So there will only be 1 hero with this spell at all times right?

You and I both...

Anyway, yep, just need it for one hero called hero[player#]...

Right. And if its in GUI then I have no other questions... Never really seen a MUI...

Level 10
Erm, sure. I could make the Mana Convert. But I don't understand resurrect. Please explain (especially the health thing).

Sorry for the slow response... ive been away some days, but im back again.

When you die in this map, you gonna wait 4 minutes to get revived, and you will loose 3/4x gold. You can also only be revived 2 times.
But! The healer has the special ability to revive other players. When he does, they dont loose money and dont have to wait so long time, but they only respawn with 1/3x their hp.

It should have about 10 seconds casting time.

Well, it would just be nice if you could create it for me.

Level 15
Sure, vercas, you can take this one cause I have been lazing around and should get studying or i will mess up my own life :S
@Vicboy: I am working on your spell and it should be done soon. However, you spell is the last one I can do for now as I will need to study or I will surely get banned from comp or soemthing...
EDIT: Done, but I used custom value of unit... it is usually not used but then... I can't find any other way :p
Please check first post.

Last edited:
Level 17
Heh, reminds me of the time I accidentally dropped a glass jar on my sister's toe and she banned me for 1 year...

Another time when I popped the Dreamcast and she banned me for another year...

And then after years of those, I found out she didn't take those punishments seriously... Wow, at least I didn't get glasses at that age...

Well, thanks, I hope I can find out more of MUI...

Level 15
MUI just means that more than 1 unit can cast the spell at the time without it bugging and your spell is done. Though I used custom value :p. If there is any other way to detect the damn buff then just change it :D
Please check first post.
Though I might fix more stuff with it but not today :S
And thanks for the +rep :D

Level 10
Well, like:

Ressurect

Brings the target friendly hero back to life. The hero will have 33% of their hitpoints remaining. 10 seconds casttime.
Level 1 - 140 seconds cooldown, 250 mana cost.
Level 2 - 80 seconds cooldown, 175 mana cost.

If anyone could make this for me, i would be very happy :)
Btw, it has a cast range of 700.

Level 15
No, that doesn't work.
There are many ways to revive a hero, for example, you can make a hero leave a grave when he dies and make an ability that targets the grave. When the spell is cast, revive the hero that left the grave.
Another way to do the spell. When a hero dies, add the hero to a variable or a unit group. Then when the healer click the sell, shows a dialog or something and let the healer choose which hero to revive.
I can't do it ATM cos I don't have much time on the computer so sorry.

Level 21
This requires at last 2 variables and 3 or more triggers
My idea was : When the hero dies, revive him and play it's death animation.
It will be paused and it will can't move, and have the "An Ancient" classification so only "dead" units can be targeted by that spell!
The abillity just set's it's life percentage to 33.(3)%, reset it's animations and removed the "An Ancient" classification from it. But it doesn't work, and i can't find why...

And i made shrue that it can't target normal ancients, lige night elves'

Status
Not open for further replies.