• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Concept Art Contest #10 - Bounty Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
user160036_pic59500_1342547064-png.241100

concept%20art.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
0.png

rudy-siswanto-bounty-hunter-gang.jpg

Image is courtesy of Rudy Swisswanto

Bounty Hunter
Contestants are to create a Bounty Hunter. A Cunning dangerous and prowling killer that is only in the game of killing for the huge bounty involved. Can be anything!: an alien chasing massive beast, an elf ranger hunting down gnolls, to a sci-fi jetpack flying clone! Just make sure we can perfectly understand they are in for the gold and the trill of the hunt.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any concept does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • A thumbnail attachment or and image shown with tags. Please do not give us a link to a site where the image(s) is/are hosted.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
    • Optional short story/lore behind your chosen entry.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed, but providing feedback to other contestants is strongly encouraged.
  • Blood, gore, intense violence, and extreme visions of the grotesque are allowed as long as they follow site rules and are within a good level of reason.
  • Backgrounds on concepts where they are not the main focus are allowed so long as they do not detract from the concept.
  • Both traditional and digital media are accepted for this contest.

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
    • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
    • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• Mr.Goblin
  • Mrs. Available

• Each judge will receive 5 reputation points.
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Theme
Does the artist take advantage of the theme, or is the vision unfitting?/10%

Execution
Does the artist display the design in an effective manner, or is it hard to tell what is what? Are artistic techniques used effectively to make the character interesting, or does the style deteriorate the concept? Is the appearance of the design objectively pleasing, or is it of low quality?/25%

Concept
Does the design offer a new creative approach, or is it generic and cliché? Does it have character, or is it just another boring design? Does the design make sense and fit the description, or is it necessary to read the title to understand?/40%

Realism
Does the design balance, or are the proportions impractical? Is the anatomy or construction correct, does it allow the character to move as it should, or is functionality disregarded entirely?/25%

• 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on February 14nd 2017, 17:00 GMT and conclude on EXTENDED TILL THE 6th of APRIL 2017, 21:00, GMT

Assigned Staff: Mr.Goblin

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Here's my First WiP, Still brainstorming for it's Title name. I'll be working on this on my tablet.

Attachments

• doc03936420170218032155_001.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 455
Level 19
I drew some sketches on how my character should look. First two are a two different angles of his face. I wanted to make him related to the warcraft universe so I decided to make him a mix between human troll and elf, but as you can see he turned out pretty ugly :D

I decided to continue with a normal human at the bottom two drawings but this guy looks like a simple bad ass cowboy bounty hunter I'll upload more work about the character in time ^^

oh and im open for feedback or ideas about the character development. I wanna keep the cowboy looks but he needs that psycho looks, someone you wouldnt wanna mess with :p

repj19v7fubbjv9hbbemar3p-jpg.261602

Attachments

• RePJ19V7fUBbJV9HbBEMAr3P.jpg
    RePJ19V7fUBbJV9HbBEMAr3P.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:
Level 18
Tne c
I drew some sketches on how my character should look. First two are a two different angles of his face. I wanted to make him related to the warcraft universe so I decided to make him a mix between human troll and elf, but as you can see he turned out pretty ugly :D

I decided to continue with a normal human at the bottom two drawings but this guy looks like a simple bad ass cowboy bounty hunter I'll upload more work about the character in time ^^

oh and im open for feedback or ideas about the character development. I wanna keep the cowboy looks but he needs that psycho looks, someone you wouldnt wanna mess with :p

repj19v7fubbjv9hbbemar3p-jpg.261602

The one with hat look badass for me

Level 2
That will be the second time I participate in a contest.

Attachments

• Contest.jpg
    Contest.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 151
Level 19
cuz i'm having hard time using fking weak tablets camera
can someone give me some advice on taking 'good' picture

I can suggest "CamScanner" app to everyone using camera for drawings itll only capture the paper but for better visibility you should draw bolder so the lines would be more visible.

I was more than half a year without drawing, I'm really excited I could finish this one.
I hope you guys'll like it too.
And an awesome work btw mate that guy looks like a pretty badass dude

Roland

R

Roland

I can't focus on on my entry for a moment, Due to schedule and real time Conflicts, I Might as well back out.. but It's not final tho :c

Status
Not open for further replies.